• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Handy List of useful Acronyms used on PR

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
When I first came to Phoenix Rising I had trouble following some of what I was reading because I didn't know what some (or most) of the acronyms in use stood for.

There are a number of them used in various science threads. they may have been cited initially with the full name but if you come in to the discussion further along the contributors for brevity use the short form.

This is understandable but I thought since I have been looking things up I would create a document that other people could use to find an explanation for.

It is maybe not complete and if there are any errors or typos I'd like to hear from you. Additions are also welcome. My thought with the document was to keep it to well used acronyms only for ease of use.
Also, it's not complete as you can see I started to include well used acronyms that have to do with SNP's
and I'm not sure how I want to proceed with that as there are a great many.

Attachments

• ME acronym list.pdf
    42.9 KB · Views: 42

JT1024

Years ago - on earlier versions of PR... we had a list like this.

I think it was in the Wiki. I wonder what happened to all the work that was contained in the Wiki?

We had profiles of important researchers, timelines, as well as acronyms.

So much has changed since then, I wouldn't have a clue where to look.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Years ago - on earlier versions of PR... we had a list like this.

I think it was in the Wiki. I wonder what happened to all the work that was contained in the Wiki?

We had profiles of important researchers, timelines, as well as acronyms.

So much has changed since then, I wouldn't have a clue where to look.

I think I did look for a list early on and didn't find one.
I kept looking things up and so eventually got around to collecting the acronyms as I went.
Naturally, the moment I sent the PDF I went to a thread with a few more I could have added. :rolleyes: