• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which biotin supplement and how much?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I completely missed this when I was looking at a list of things advised by a naturopath. So I need to order some.

I notice some people say take very small doses to start with - how small? can anyone recommend a particular brand? thanks

brenda

@maryb

I just received mine in the post this morning. It is Swanson 5mg and has rice flour and gelatin as fillers. I took about 1.5mg straight away. I am sure that I am very deficient.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@brenda
thanks - I just thought I'd read somewhere saying start at 500mcg and work up? maybe someone will help?
Is it tablets or capsules?
good luck with it - hope you tolerate it

brenda

@maryb

I lowered the dose to a speck and l slept better and feel like it is good for me . Skin is the same but may be less hair loss.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@brenda
so how much do you reckon a speck is - I'm calling at the chemist tomorrow that stocks solgar- they do a 300mcg one.
do you take anything for sleep normally?

brenda

@brenda
so how much do you reckon a speck is - I'm calling at the chemist tomorrow that stocks solgar- they do a 300mcg one.
do you take anything for sleep normally?

About 300mcgl think. I don't take anything for sleep but b2 seems to help me if l remember to take it.