• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SW appointed as President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists

maryb

iherb code TAK122
As a "scientist" SW makes a great politician. He advances the "science" through political means including rhetoric. Now he gets to play at being an even grander politician.

And oh how he likes 'grand'
He's such a twit - good breeding and manners forbids me to use an a instead of the i..........

double vomit

I've never met the man, its clear he must either have some nice hookups or some serious charisma to swing a job like this.
I listened to the audio of one of his presentations, and he is very charismatic. It's pretty creepy, if you've read some of the nasty things he's said.

Bob

The webpage says that one of his priorities, as President, will be to: "Improve the image of psychiatry and psychiatrists."

That process will be interesting to witness! (In a slow-motion train wreck kind of way.)

Last edited:
@Valentijn
:rofl:haha me and you wouldn't fight over any man then.
Oh, I don't find his charisma to be at all attractive. If anything I find it very disturbing - there's nothing worse than an abusive personality combined with the interpersonal skills needed to reel in the unwary. There are probably quite a few sociopaths and narcissists who can be equally charming.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Oh, I don't find his charisma to be at all attractive. If anything I find it very disturbing - there's nothing worse than an abusive personality combined with the interpersonal skills needed to reel in the unwary. There are probably quite a few sociopaths and narcissists who can be equally charming.

and probably serial killers:D

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

and is a sociopathic psychologist a psychopath?