• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Belgium to see Dr de Meirleir

Valentijn

Which gene does yohimbe suppress?
ADRA2A - an adrenergic receptor. That gene suppresses the release of norepinephrine (which I've repeatedly tested low in since getting sick), causes sustained hypotension, decreases GI motility, inhibits lipolysis, and causes dry mouth. Small studies have shown that ME/CFS patients have a three-fold up-regulation of ADRA2A following exertion (but not prior to it), compared to sedentary controls.
Have you sent infectolabs an email? I bet your borrelia elispot results are ready by now.
I also received most of the results from lab. medische ontledingen after a week, except cytokine subpanels 1&2 which have been sent to himmunitas.
I haven't yet ... maybe I'll do that today.

Valentijn

I just got back from my first followup appointment. First there was an exercise stress test, which involved a lot of (shirtless! :wide-eyed:) peddling while hooked up to a mask, cardiogram, blood pressure monitor, and pulse oximeter. I kept peddling til I couldn't do anymore, due to feeling like I couldn't breathe, then a few more minutes at a lower speed. By the time I got off I was in pretty bad shape, still couldn't catch my breath sitting in the chair, so sorta slid onto the floor til I was doing better. Yeah, tomorrow is crash-time :cautious:

Then I saw Dr Meirleir after waiting some more, and was informed that I have late stage Lyme. Apparently 50+ is positive, and I was at 700. I'll get full results in the mail in a week or so. The plan is 10 weeks of immune support, going back for another visit, and then IV antibiotics 3-4 times per weeks for several months.

Valentijn

@Valentijn
I don't know what to say - glad you got your results but heck 700,... so sorry really to hear that, but you're getting the best treatment plan. Will you go to KdM's clinic for the IVs?
He said it's actually easier to do IV antibiotics in the Netherlands than in Belgium, and there'll be no problem with me using the prescription for it here. And since it's several times per week for an extended period of time, that'll be a lot more convenient as well. Hell, the city hospital just moved to a new site that's a 5 minute drive or 10 minute scootmobile ride away :D

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
He said it's actually easier to do IV antibiotics in the Netherlands than in Belgium, and there'll be no problem with me using the prescription for it here. And since it's several times per week for an extended period of time, that'll be a lot more convenient as well. Hell, the city hospital just moved to a new site that's a 5 minute drive or 10 minute scootmobile ride away :D

Good luck!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I just got back from my first followup appointment. First there was an exercise stress test, which involved a lot of (shirtless! :wide-eyed:) peddling while hooked up to a mask, cardiogram, blood pressure monitor, and pulse oximeter. I kept peddling til I couldn't do anymore, due to feeling like I couldn't breathe, then a few more minutes at a lower speed. By the time I got off I was in pretty bad shape, still couldn't catch my breath sitting in the chair, so sorta slid onto the floor til I was doing better. Yeah, tomorrow is crash-time :cautious:

Then I saw Dr Meirleir after waiting some more, and was informed that I have late stage Lyme. Apparently 50+ is positive, and I was at 700. I'll get full results in the mail in a week or so. The plan is 10 weeks of immune support, going back for another visit, and then IV antibiotics 3-4 times per weeks for several months.

Well, good to know! If you have Lyme, knowing it is one step in the right direction.

I am about to see KDM in Reno and wonder which test you were at 700 on--i.e. what kind of Borrelia test? Antibodies, PCR etc? And what kind of immune support before the abx?

Wow, shirtless stress test, that deserves its own emoticon! :wide-eyed: just doesn't do the job.

Sushi

Valentijn

I am about to see KDM in Reno and wonder which test you were at 700 on--i.e. what kind of Borrelia test? Antibodies, PCR etc? And what kind of immune support before the abx?
It was the LTT I think.

No idea yet about the immune support ... the info should arrive in the mail next week.
Wow, shirtless stress test, that deserves its own emoticon! :wide-eyed: just doesn't do the job.
:jaw-drop: - Jaw dropping?
:woot: - Perved out?
:nervous: - Grabby little hands or trying to shield himself from the sight?

And I wasn't wearing a bra :redface:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
[quote="Valentijn, post: 420197, member: 3723

And I wasn't wearing a bra :redface:[/quote]

Oh no!!!!!!!! and was it the male nurse?:eek:

Nielk

I'm sure they invited you to a (repeat) second day of testing!:rofl::oops:

Seriously though @Valentijn, were you ever tested for Lyme before? Did this come as a surprise?

Valentijn

Seriously though @Valentijn, were you ever tested for Lyme before? Did this come as a surprise?
I tested negative for all bands on a Western Blot. But apparently that's not too unusual in Stage 3 Lyme. I'm also not sure I trust the lab that ran the Western Blot, since they said my ESR was normal, even though every other lab has said my ESR is high in the past 3 years, including one from a sample taken just days earlier.