• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stupid question .........

If I take or do one of these I get nasty smells/tastes - the intensity varies based on how much or how many of these I do during the day

use gluthathione patches (haven't done this for a while but it was the first thing I noticed this effect with)

take SAMe

take Methyl Folate

take TMG in large enough doses (over 500 mg - sometimes less)

take glycine in large enough doses (over 500 mg)

Is this just dumping toxins? is this good or bad? is this methylation or just creating glutathionine?

sorry but I am overwhelmed and confused right now

I also get a lot of inner vibrations (including static electricity in the legs or like I am standing on a vibrating floor) - intensity varies and not sure what are all the causes of them - some I know and these inner vibrations drive me crazy and sometimes they affect my ability to function.

I get a metallic taste in my mouth when taking TMG/Methyl Folate - amongst other things.

I also get those inner vibrations - which use to completely mess with my sleep. There were times my whole body would vibrate like a mobile phone! I upped my magnesium intake, and this has helped - although I still have constant sensations in my left leg, and occasionally in my right.

EDIT: Just to add, these full body vibrations were bizarre, and quite frightening. I had no idea what was going on, and honestly, I still don't. All my best to you - hope you can find a solution.

Last edited:
I assume I am detoxing things

I tend to think I am methylating but really not sure how to know if I am or am not.

I do know the vibrations aren't always there but not sure of all the triggers - I assume it is some kind of toxic overload but don't know what to do to get rid of it and yes it does affect sleep.

You're taking magnesium + potassium, I assume? That's as far as my knowledge can help you! :whistle:

Hopefully someone that knows what they're on about will pop in with some advice.

lots of magnesium as well as epsom salt baths

no potassium except in diet - last few times I tried K supplement my heart didn't like it even at low doses

I do eat large banana, drink grapefruit juice daily and do not have a high sodium diet but make sure there is some as I was way low on it a couple years ago. I have experienced K/Na imbalances in the past causing palpitations and breathing problems. I am not going to say it isn't an issue now but suspect it isn't just haven't had a blood draw to confirm it.

Critterina

lots of magnesium as well as epsom salt baths

no potassium except in diet - last few times I tried K supplement my heart didn't like it even at low doses

I do eat large banana, drink grapefruit juice daily and do not have a high sodium diet but make sure there is some as I was way low on it a couple years ago. I have experienced K/Na imbalances in the past causing palpitations and breathing problems. I am not going to say it isn't an issue now but suspect it isn't just haven't had a blood draw to confirm it.
Does the vibrating thing remind you of the buzz sound from high tension wires?

Freddd

If I take or do one of these I get nasty smells/tastes - the intensity varies based on how much or how many of these I do during the day

use gluthathione patches (haven't done this for a while but it was the first thing I noticed this effect with)

take SAMe

take Methyl Folate

take TMG in large enough doses (over 500 mg - sometimes less)

take glycine in large enough doses (over 500 mg)

Is this just dumping toxins? is this good or bad? is this methylation or just creating glutathionine?

sorry but I am overwhelmed and confused right now

I also get a lot of inner vibrations (including static electricity in the legs or like I am standing on a vibrating floor) - intensity varies and not sure what are all the causes of them - some I know and these inner vibrations drive me crazy and sometimes they affect my ability to function.

Hi Kelly,

I also get a lot of inner vibrations (including static electricity in the legs or like I am standing on a vibrating floor) -

Now this is totally familiar. It is sounds like any of a variety of neuropathic problems, depending upon details, that I have experienced for decades. It can also be CNS based, not just peripheral. How are your reflexes? Have you had your feet tested for vibration sense? Position sense? Do you trip over your toes? Any other odd things like that?

interesting thing today - we had a 5 1/2 hr power outage - no change in inner vibrations during it (we are not close to any cell towers - not sure how close) but I made sure and checked the vibrations - I know I used to be bothered by those big capacitor jars on power lines

I do have a "near strike" lightning experience.

I trip over toes at times yes - my second toe is longer than big toe.

Reflexes disappeared 6 1/2 years ago with the toxic exposure. They have returned and the neuro 4 1/2 years ago didn't mention them in his report I don't think - I can look.

I have notice the inner vibrations before in my life - back eons ago after I CTed valium. Walking on second floors of buildings with large openings underneath would freak me out. This is close but this is constant not just on upper floors.

Right now I am sitting in dining room and feet are vibrating. Standing on floors they do at times too. This isn't constant. I will feel in at night too. I suspect glutamate / gaba imbalance is part of it but not all.

Freddd

interesting thing today - we had a 5 1/2 hr power outage - no change in inner vibrations during it (we are not close to any cell towers - not sure how close) but I made sure and checked the vibrations - I know I used to be bothered by those big capacitor jars on power lines

I do have a "near strike" lightning experience.

I trip over toes at times yes - my second toe is longer than big toe.

Reflexes disappeared 6 1/2 years ago with the toxic exposure. They have returned and the neuro 4 1/2 years ago didn't mention them in his report I don't think - I can look.

I have notice the inner vibrations before in my life - back eons ago after I CTed valium. Walking on second floors of buildings with large openings underneath would freak me out. This is close but this is constant not just on upper floors.

Right now I am sitting in dining room and feet are vibrating. Standing on floors they do at times too. This isn't constant. I will feel in at night too. I suspect glutamate / gaba imbalance is part of it but not all.

Hi Kelly,

I have it all night every night. I can tell how one layer of my neuropathies are doing by how high it climbs up my legs. It has varied between show height to mid calf to high thigh. At that level I can't tell where my leg is or what position it is in. I haven't had drop-foot and toe tripping in 5 years now.

When I was 10 or 11 years old at summer camp I was 3 feet from a lightning split tree as it happened. Last summer the power system at the RV camp I was at was hit by lightning. The lights all hummed and brightened. The power strip tripped and then that tripped the inside GFI and that tripped the GFI in the plugin pedestal outside. The lightning was close enough that the flash and thunder were simultaneous However, this has been going on for more than 20 years and got worse as my other neurology also suffered. I have a CNS type of neuropathy called Sub acute combined degeneration. However it has nothing specific to do with lightning and everything to do with low MeCbl, Low AdoCbl, low carnitine or low methylfolate. Now some people who have been struck have some peculiar neuropathic symptoms, but then they got fried.

I was inside the house by a sliding door - the strike was just outside the door.

I know i am "electricity" sensitive. My heart goes into strange arrhythmia with power surges, lightning strikes, and I can even feel it when a light bulb burns out. I try to avoid plugging in anything "live" so we got all these extra power strips in the house so I can avoid that. Sometimes a small watt light I can handle.

My inner vibrations aren't just in my legs / feet. Those do bother me most except in bed at night. I have inner vibrations all over my torso then. I can feel those now but the feet ones are stronger as I type tonight and sometimes they are all absent and I love it.

today my legs especially right leg aches all the way down - I am wondering about potassium now - in the summer I don't have problems getting enough as I eat a lot of watermelon but maybe now I am lacking

the only K supplement I have around it is bicarbonate - I have trisalts too but I have bulk potassium bicarbonate and milligram scales.

I guess I need to experiment and maybe up the juices some too just I have a history of problems with Na/K balance.

I did have vibrations much of the night - and was having the vibrations again this morning but not so much as I type now and much less than last night when I was typing. I don't get how I am supposed to sleep with it?

yesterday - didn't have inner vibrations much - today they are back
- died down some during epsom salt bath but can back afterwards

got the MB12 (enzymatic therapy) and took about 1/4 tablet - within 10 minute increase in nasty taste - as expected.

Freddd

today my legs especially right leg aches all the way down - I am wondering about potassium now - in the summer I don't have problems getting enough as I eat a lot of watermelon but maybe now I am lacking

the only K supplement I have around it is bicarbonate - I have trisalts too but I have bulk potassium bicarbonate and milligram scales.

I guess I need to experiment and maybe up the juices some too just I have a history of problems with Na/K balance.

I did have vibrations much of the night - and was having the vibrations again this morning but not so much as I type now and much less than last night when I was typing. I don't get how I am supposed to sleep with it?

HI Kelly,

I have no idea of potassium bicarbonate is an effective supplement. The three most common in usage are gluconate, chloride and citrate. You might try those and see if there is a difference in effectiveness.

Freddd

yesterday - didn't have inner vibrations much - today they are back
- died down some during epsom salt bath but can back afterwards

got the MB12 (enzymatic therapy) and took about 1/4 tablet - within 10 minute increase in nasty taste - as expected.

Hi Kelly,

Another question, what OTHER things changed and in what ways in 10 minutes out to full dissolution?

@Freddd

that is the only potassium I have - would need to order something else - since I had problems with it before with heart related stuff (not so far now) I never had ordered other kinds - when I had gotten one of those no salt or low salt products years ago after failing to be able to handle the Rx K supplement when I was taking diuretics I ended up in ER with heart stuff too so lets say I am very potassium sensitive and need to be extremely cautious on this

the nasty smells/tastes were mild today - I took 1/4 tablet tried to let it dissolve then ended up chewing it, let it roll around mouth some, then swallowing it - the smells/taste flooded - I am certain this is some kind of detox or formation of glutathonine but I am not a biologist or chemist - I get same smell/taste from those things mentioned in the first post

In time I noticed an increase in the left eye pain - that is indicative of increase pressure by the "stones" (assume tonsil) I get so perhaps lymph system is doing something but today is not unique for that - it does come afternoons /evenings when it comes - I have a mild increase in metallic irritation in mouth now too - perhaps an increase in urinary urgency as it had not been there today

I have come to the conclusion these past couple days that I am dumping oxalate big time - had slacked off on the diet and now paying the price for it - not bad urethra splinters today but have had this past week or so.

Freddd

@Freddd

that is the only potassium I have - would need to order something else - since I had problems with it before with heart related stuff (not so far now) I never had ordered other kinds - when I had gotten one of those no salt or low salt products years ago after failing to be able to handle the Rx K supplement when I was taking diuretics I ended up in ER with heart stuff too so lets say I am very potassium sensitive and need to be extremely cautious on this

the nasty smells/tastes were mild today - I took 1/4 tablet tried to let it dissolve then ended up chewing it, let it roll around mouth some, then swallowing it - the smells/taste flooded - I am certain this is some kind of detox or formation of glutathonine but I am not a biologist or chemist - I get same smell/taste from those things mentioned in the first post

In time I noticed an increase in the left eye pain - that is indicative of increase pressure by the "stones" (assume tonsil) I get so perhaps lymph system is doing something but today is not unique for that - it does come afternoons /evenings when it comes - I have a mild increase in metallic irritation in mouth now too - perhaps an increase in urinary urgency as it had not been there today

I have come to the conclusion these past couple days that I am dumping oxalate big time - had slacked off on the diet and now paying the price for it - not bad urethra splinters today but have had this past week or so.

Hi Kelly,

Don't rule out that it is purely a neurological effect. I had all sorts of odd tastes and smells until they both returned to normal at the rate of neurological healing. The last piece fell into place suddenly about 7-8 months in.

not bad urethra splinters today

I had urethra and bladder pain diminish after about 10 days of continuous usage but after 30 days it returned in 3 days of the next brand I was forced to try and that one ended up being zero stars.

Last edited:
this smell /taste appeared in Sept when I trialed gluthathione patches - I had thought it would be gone by now

I have had lots of strange smells /tastes over the past 6 plus years - I am not sure this one was there before - I don't think it was

the taste is just a PITA - I can function with it - the shaking /vibration are such that I can't always deal with it

Freddd

this smell /taste appeared in Sept when I trialed gluthathione patches - I had thought it would be gone by now

I have had lots of strange smells /tastes over the past 6 plus years - I am not sure this one was there before - I don't think it was

the taste is just a PITA - I can function with it - the shaking /vibration are such that I can't always deal with it

Hi Kelly,

That it appeared when you trialed glutathione would look like then a neurological damage to me that appeared when thrown into methyltrap by glutathione. How quickly did it appear and what other symptoms appeared with it?

These deadlock quartet deficiency symptoms (usually attributed to B12 deficiency, but then all the symptoms can cause multi sensory hallucinations. I used to have tons of them for perhaps 20 years.

Last edited:
it was patches not the actual amino acid - the patches are to use your own body chemicals to make glutathione

http://www.lifewave.com/yage-glutathione.asp

I will look at my notes for that time - found the right notebook - and see what I can figure out that changed.

the next time I detected it was trying SAMe I think a month later - I will go back through all those notes tomorrow probably and see if I can see any patterns

the taste is pretty strong right now after the 1/4 MB12