• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Congestive heart failure as gone as FMS and CFS.

Freddd

I have to apologize to all sorts of folks here that I have promised replies to. I have been overwhelmed by family and personal matters during the holidays and am trying to dig out from under hundreds of pieces of correspondence. Please understand I'm moving as fast as I can.

Now for the, to me, unbelievably good news. My blood pressure today was 100/65 with a pulse of 62 something that it hasn't been since 43 years ago with this my first oxy saturation reading ever, of 97 at 4700 feet above sea level. My doc has a new gadget. I like it. I have no edema, no sign of heart problems. I was dying 11 years ago, 10-11 years into congestive heart failure at that time. That was my blood pressure when I was a pro ski patrolman and could jog two five mile segments back to back in 40 minutes each. I have continued to have improvement since I posted my initial statement a while back. I never expected to have this kind of turn around with CHF with all the rather gloomy articles I've read, like 20% mortality the first year and 80% in 10-12 years. I'm back to making long term plans from years of survival living.

Next week is my 3 year recall on a colonoscopy with polyps removed last time. The connection between colon cancer and folate deficiency is pretty clear. I have been taking Metafolin for 5 years now with paradoxical folate deficiency only really under control the last 6 months or less. So let's hope for one more piece of good news next week.

Good health to all.

Freddd

This is your story @Freddd? I thought at first that you were posting for someone else?

GG

Hi GG,

Yes, it's my story.

It was something I was mad as hell about, that on my death certificate it would say "heart failure" instead of the B12 and folic acid deficiencies that killed me. No wonder our deaths are so hidden. Unless we die of megablastic anemia and have b12 below 170 "folate deficiency" according to the tests, it would never even come up as a possibility. I had edema on the list of symptoms for years because I and a lot of people reported it, but nobody ever got rid of it, nobody ever got better from it.

It was only after I finally got close to getting folate insufficiency/deficiency under control on all levels that it turned out that even before the angular cheilitis started the edema started increasing for each episode of periodic folate insufficiency and that the first clue to coming out of it was suddenly dumping water. And to think of all the awful drugs the docs wanted to use to control it. And I even see where a lot of the "salt" business might come from. Some of the common diuretics get rid of potassium and magnesium, both we need for b12 and folate to work well and left behind excess sodium chloride. So thongs get more and more out of balance.

So how many of the rest of you have or had congestive heart failure?