• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

why is my new supplement making me urinate so much :(

Ambrosia_angel

Is this a good thing. Is it detoxing or doing something bad to be kidneys? I'm so confused...

It's really a sudden urge as well which makes it difficult because I need to get to the toilet quick and I'm a slow walker...

If it's a good thing then I'll get used to it. Anyone else had this problem?

Ambrosia_angel

Moringa oleifera. Does that make a difference? There's no information online that it makes people go toilet a lot. I just want to know if that is a good or bad sign? If your unsure than no worries :)

Ambrosia_angel

Just learnt that the term for this is diuretics. Anyone know if this is a good or bad thing?

I don't have inflammatory problems etc but do get very frequent infections. Should I be worried about this side effect?

TigerLilea

A diuretic is something that "promotes the production of urine" so it makes sense that you would be urinating much more often while you are using Moringa Oleifera as one of its listed properties is that of a diuretic.

Ambrosia_angel

A diuretic is something that "promotes the production of urine" so it makes sense that you would be urinating much more often while you are using Moringa Oleifera as one of its listed properties is that of a diuretic.
Oh okay. I didn't know the term diuretic before I made this thread so I learnt something today

IreneF

The problem with diuretics--besides the inconvenience of going to the bathroom all the time--is that they can dehydrate you.

Ambrosia_angel

The problem with diuretics--besides the inconvenience of going to the bathroom all the time--is that they can dehydrate you.
I was thinking that. I just have to drink more I guess.

Do diuretics that valuable minerals from the body or do they suck out toxins? Or both?

IreneF

The thing with diuretics is that make you urinate more, even if you drink the same! So take care to drink more water, or you will get more concentrated blood and thus increasing the uric acid, among other problems.