• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Miracle Mineral Supplement

Wayne

In my most recent research on MMS, I found the below quotes notable. I have neither the time nor ability to verify whether these statements are true or not, but they would seem to explain my own experiences of improved energy and oxygen utilization from using chlorine dioxide (MMS).

It also makes sense that improved oxygen delivery and mitochondrial function mentioned in the below quotes would both be critical factors in the promising DCA cancer research that is currently being conducted for DCA at the University of Calgary. It seems to me DCA has a number of properties similar to chlorine dioxide (MMS).
Kerri Rivera, the woman who is currently using MMS as part of a protocol to treat autism has made the statement, "MMS changes the "mitochondrial membrane electrical potential" --- Leading to increased power in every cell in the body including immune system cells."

Another person has made the following claims about MMS: Improves Electrical Conductivity – being a form of unprocessed salt, MMS helps facilitate a cellular “reboot” within the body, even as it breaks down or eliminates bio-electrical shorts.

Delivers Oxygen – ... when body is low on oxygen, it is low on energy. Yet, when MMS is taken, charge does happen.

Last edited:

dannybex

It's interesting that someone mentions Kerri Rivera in your post @Wayne . I don't know how I stumbled across an article about her -- it was on Dave Asprey's site, which I never really go to -- but found her information compelling, although at times she came off as perhaps a little too…I dunno…confident (?) that it is a cure for autism.

The thing that caught my attention was her claim that conventional testing will miss most parasites. My regular doc actually found parasites in a test waaaaaaay back in 2002, which were treated (supposedly?) and have never shown up again on at least 4 subsequent tests, done from different labs.

Three plus years and counting, I'm still losing muscle, which Rich said was due to methylation issues, but haven't resolved, and in fact may have worsened while trying various combos of methylation supps. So your mention of mitochondrial function improvement using MMS (or was it DCA…so many acronyms!) is also very interesting.

Also…does one stop antioxidants while doing the chlorine dioxide (in whatever form)?

Thanks,

Dan

p.s. maybe @kurt will chime in on how he's doing - what he's currently using?

Last edited:

Wayne

It's interesting that someone mentions Kerri Rivera in your post @Wayne . I don't know how I stumbled across an article about her -- it was on Dave Asprey's site, which I never really go to -- but found her information compelling, although at times she came off as perhaps a little too…I dunno…confident (?) that it is a cure for autism.

The thing that caught my attention was her claim that conventional testing will miss most parasites. My regular doc actually found parasites in a test waaaaaaay back in 2002, which were treated (supposedly?) and have never shown up again on at least 4 subsequent tests, done from different labs.

Three plus years and counting, I'm still losing muscle, which Rich said was due to methylation issues, but haven't resolved, and in fact may have worsened while trying various combos of methylation supps. So your mention of mitochondrial function improvement using MMS (or was it DCA…so many acronyms!) is also very interesting.

Also…does one stop antioxidants while doing the chlorine dioxide (in whatever form)?

Hi Dan, some very good points you bring up. Re: antioxidants; they do recommend you take any supplemental antioxidants (such as Vit. C) away from the time you're taking ClO2, as it will neutralize its oxidation properties. I've gotten used to taking most of my MMS by noon (every 1/2 to 1 hour throughout the morning) to limit the time the increased free radicals are in my system.

Re: parasites; I've read that most labs only test for about 50 or so parasites, and that there's as many as a thousand that can infect humans (I suspect there's more, many we've never heard of). So I tend to believe that parasite tests, like perhaps most diagnostic tests, are somewhat limited, and may not necessarily provide a complete picture. You may want to check out a thread I started a long time ago on GU Syndrome; quite a fascinating subject.

Re: Kerri Rivera; She does come across as confident, and the more I read about her, the more I can understand why. Her own son has autism, and began making significant progress within about a week of starting MMS. Apparently they were together, and he all of a sudden says, "I want bed", and Kerri is pretty blown away by this. So they head for bed, and as they go by the bathroom, her son says, "I want bath". Again totally taken back, but she gets him in the bathtub, and for apparently the first time in years, he's looking at her in the eye, and he's got this big grin on his face, and he's delighted by spending this time with his mother.

She's seen over a hundred autistic children lose their autism diagnosis since introducing MMS into the DAN (Defeat Autism Now) protocol). She feels like she's witnessing miracles, and for me it's hard to argue with that. I actually have a lot of admiration for her. She's taking her discoveries public in a big way, opening herself to untold amounts of criticism. But children's lives are more important to her than the slings and arrows that may come her way.

I wonder if you've run across some of the literature on MMS that claims it breaks down heavy metals in the body into constituent parts, making it unnecessary for the body to eliminate them in the normal very difficult way. Not sure what to make of this claim, but will be keeping my eyes open for any information that might corroborate these claims. Please let me know if you ever run across anything about this; seems like it could be a big deal if it's true. Thanks!

Wayne

Last edited:
It is my opinion that what Ms. Rivera advocates doing to autistic children is quite likely child abuse.

She recommends repeatedly giving bleach to young children.

Enema:
10-15 drops of activated MMS in 500 mL of water
Applied rectally for 12 – 30 minutes
Apply 2 to 3 times per week

72/2:
One dose of MMS every 2 hours for 72 hours. This includes the middle of the night, continue to give a dose every 2 hours until you complete the 72 hours. Apply every possible weekend.

She has discussed diarrhea and fever as side-effects of this treatment. There is absolutely no medical reason why bleach would cure autism. Autism is not caused by parasites, viruses, and MMS is not a chelator (for those who believe in heavy metals as a cause) Fever, vomiting and diarrhea in young children is quite dangerous. Enema's could destroy the lining of the bowel/intestines causing further damage.

The 'science' behind this 72-2 protocol is as follows. A mother was using the standard MMS protocol and was awake at night wondering if the parasites had time to grow while she was sleeping and not able to give her child MMS. The mom developed a protocol where she was giving the MMS at night so the parasites wouldn't have time to grow. Rivera was so emotionally moved by this she immediately adopted the protocol.

I am okay with adults dosing themselves with whatever they want because they can make a hopefully rational and informed decision about what they are doing. A child is dependent on their parents to make these decisions for them and choosing to give them bleach -- well.......!

“Believing” without understanding is one of the most common ways good people trick themselves into bad decisions.

dannybex

I don't understand the protocol, but I have seen arguments on other sites where people go back and forth as to whether MMS or chlorine dioxide is indeed what most consider 'bleach' or not. I don't know if it is or it isn't, but at the same time, her book is rated very highly, and I noticed a lot of very passionate mothers come to her defense if anyone posted a negative review.

Not saying that proves anything, but it seems like some children have 'recovered', and their parents are very glad they chose that protocol.

I also don't know if parasites could cause autism or not, but I can't say that they aren't a factor. Who knows…it could be different for different patients, just as things are different for those of us with CFS.I agree that 'believing' without understanding can be a dangerous thing. That's why I try and find as many references, studies, etc., to back things up before diving in.

It's unlikely that parasites are involved. One person was able to convince her doctor to get the "worm" identified after using MMS, and it was just a long string of mucous.

Wayne

A friend of mine has a grandson currently dealing with autism. His daughter recently sent him a link to a website on how to take an MMS bath, which she says has been a "great addition to the arsenal". Looks like a Jim Humble site, although I haven't taken the time to look it over thoroughly yet.

Suggestions for Bathing in MMS Tub Water

Last edited:

Wayne

A friend of mine has a grandson currently dealing with autism. His daughter recently sent him a link to a website on how to take an MMS bath, which she says has been a "great addition to the arsenal". Looks like a Jim Humble site, although I haven't taken the time to look it over thoroughly yet.

Just saw my friend tonight, and he asked me if I had ever gotten around to doing an MMS bath (I haven't). He said the benefits of MMS baths for his grandson have been amazing. He gets very talkie, and even sings and laughs while in the tub. All of which is totally out of character for him. Just another amazing testimonial of what MMS can do for some kids with autism.

Abha

Abha
Hi SarahM and all,

I have used MMS for a lengthy time a few years ago.Like Wayne I have been trying out various treatments especially for my bad gut problems/brain problems(candida/parasites/rickettsia etc)...At first it may have made things a bit worse but then it settled down.It definitely didn't do any harm.From my own experience the drugs prescribed on NHS have made matters much worse at times....at one point life threatening!Yet the doctors were telling me that all was ok and that I would probably have to take medication all my life(Just get used to it!)..In an illness like mine they just don't have a clue!Another problem that the NHS doesn't recognise is hypothyroidism/B12 deficiency....I had to seek private help for that.

dannybex

Hi SarahM and all,

I have used MMS for a lengthy time a few years ago.Like Wayne I have been trying out various treatments especially for my bad gut problems/brain problems(candida/parasites/rickettsia etc)...At first it may have made things a bit worse but then it settled down.It definitely didn't do any harm.From my own experience the drugs prescribed on NHS have made matters much worse at times....at one point life threatening!Yet the doctors were telling me that all was ok and that I would probably have to take medication all my life(Just get used to it!)..In an illness like mine they just don't have a clue!Another problem that the NHS doesn't recognise is hypothyroidism/B12 deficiency....I had to seek private help for that.

Interesting you should mention B12. In one of the youtube videos, Andreas Kalcker suggests that the b12 may also be used by the parasites and just make the problem worse. I don't know if he's verified this yet…he always seems to be talking about working towards scientific verification…

Also @Wayne -- back to the antioxidants -- on Rivera's webpage, and also on that youtube video, both Rivera and Kalcker say no antioxidants at all. Or no supplementary antioxidants. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this…?

Here's one video where they're mentioned about 17 minutes in…and also at the 22 minute mark:

Finally, has anyone tried just using the chlorine dioxide capsules sold to make river water potable for drinking while on camping trips? Or is there a difference?

http://www.rei.com/product/736898/potable-aqua-chlorine-dioxide-tablets-package-of-30

jason30

I know that this is an old thread, but I am curious if there are any other PR members who have experience with this MM supplement?