• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Turpentine for healing

leela

Yes, I would stick to the purest natural organic essential oils too. I "ingest" them via my skin in various carrier oils and find them to be helpful. Even just sniffing them can have the desired effect.

I would be very wary of the accuracy of the FDA safe list. They are connected with patent-holders, and there is a possible ban pending right now about one plant--quite possibly fennel--for this very reason of a patent application. (Sorry, too tired to look it up right now). Also, these are the same people that seem to think it's okay to fluoridate water willy-nilly,
with no accounting for body weight, ppm ingested, and frequency of dosing, and to sell known neurotoxins as food, such as aspartame--just as two examples.

The Codex Alimentarius has been deployed in Europe first (with Norway banning all supplements without Rx now) and has been trying to hack its way at US markets for some time now. If you were doing IV vitamins a few years ago, you would have noticed a sudden shortage and then major price increase of any vitamin associated with cancer therapies.

Hip

@leela
The safe list I imagine is just based on determining which essential oils are free of carcinogens and other nasty ingredients.

Recently the EU Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety has made intimations regarding banning some of the allergenic and carcinogenic natural ingredients in perfumes. However, the perfume industry are resisting this, as they say that this will damage their industry, with some saying that because these ingredients are natural, they cannot be harmful — in spite of the evidence that they are harmful.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Yes, I would stick to the purest natural organic essential oils too. I "ingest" them via my skin in various carrier oils and find them to be helpful. Even just sniffing them can have the desired effect.

Absolutely - inhalation can be one of the fastest ways of getting a substance into your system, and your brain!

This is why it is extraordinary and shocking that governments allow a plethora of largely-untested (for safety) artificial chemical cocktails to be routinely released into the air we all breathe, for example perfumed toiletries and laundry and cleaning products.

MeSci

@leela
The safe list I imagine is just based on determining which essential oils are free of carcinogens and other nasty ingredients.

Recently the EU Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety has made intimations regarding banning some of the allergenic and carcinogenic natural ingredients in perfumes. However, the perfume industry are resisting this, as they say that this will damage their industry, with some saying that because these ingredients are natural, they cannot be harmful — in spite of the evidence that they are harmful.

The problem with the way the perfume industry use chemicals is that they extract them from the other compounds with which they occur in nature, thus removing probably-protective substances, then mix them with another load of isolated chemicals.

As an analogy, you would be very unwise to consume pure sodium or pure chlorine
http://www.angelo.edu/faculty/kboudrea/demos/sodium_chlorine/sodium_chlorine.htm

but the compound sodium chloride will do no harm unless consumed to excess.

Abha

Abha
Hi Rand56/et al,

I'm interested in taking turpentine(balsam gum oil 100%) for my candida problems.Have you or anyone else tried it?I have listened to Dr Daniels for over 5 hours on the videos and I have listened to Tony too.....and have read other articles about it too.Dr Daniels(and many other doctors in the alternative field)will have their critics.Tree gum oil is a natural substance...not a poison!Anything will poison one if used in the wrong way.I know all about NHS poisoning as I was a victim myself.I also know all about organophosphate contact.Those in charge covered it all up...so those records no longer exist!However, I could write a book about it.I believe what Dr Daniels has stated about the USA Health/Medical system and the big drug /chemical companies.It is great that there are whistleblowers out there.These are the ones who should be on the front of "Time" etc

Rand56

Hi Rand56/et al,

I'm interested in taking turpentine(balsam gum oil 100%) for my candida problems.Have you or anyone else tried it?I have listened to Dr Daniels for over 5 hours on the videos and I have listened to Tony too.....and have read other articles about it too.Dr Daniels(and many other doctors in the alternative field)will have their critics.Tree gum oil is a natural substance...not a poison!Anything will poison one if used in the wrong way.I know all about NHS poisoning as I was a victim myself.I also know all about organophosphate contact.Those in charge covered it all up...so those records no longer exist!However, I could write a book about it.I believe what Dr Daniels has stated about the USA Health/Medical system and the big drug /chemical companies.It is great that there are whistleblowers out there.These are the ones who should be on the front of "Time" etc

hi Abha

I've tried the turp a few times already. First time only did some drops. Last couple times I took 1/4 of a teaspoonful. First time I mixed it in granulated sugar and the second time I took it with honey like what Tony does. Tony says you can also take it with oil. I'm going to try it with that the next time. I can't say I really felt much even with the 1/4 teaspoon, although a bit more clear headed for awhile. I did not experience any die off type reactions.

If you haven't done so already, go to my first post on this thread and read the thread from the projectavalon site. A number of people have taken a higher dosage and more frequently than I have.

Also I've listened to a number of Tony's interviewed podcasts on oneradionetwork.com and I'm impressed with his knowledge on a variety of subjects. I know he has a huge following on youtube.

Rand

MeSci

Tree gum oil is a natural substance...not a poison!

Many many natural substances are poisonous. Deadly nightshade, hemlock, henbane, numerous fungi, Nux vomica (the source of strychnine), Monkshood and countless others.

I am very much in favour of using natural medicinal substances rather than pharmaceuticals, but definitely not this one!

Rand56

Here is direct information from the book "The Practice of Aromatherapy - A Classic Compendium of Plant Medicines & their Healing Properties" by Jean Valnet, MD

Terebinth - Essence of Turpentine

Properties:

Internal use:

-modifies trachea-bronchial secretions (phlegm), with beneficial effect.

-balsamic, pulmonary and genito-urinary antiseptic. Antiseptic especially with regard to Streptococcus, given in the form of sub-cutaneous injections ( as a terebinthinate artificial serum at a strength of 1/200 ) and intra-uterine and vaginal douches ( emulsions of soap bark )

-haemostatic

-dissolves gallstones

-diuretic

-antispasmodic

-antirheumatic

-vermifuge

-antidote to phosphorous; particulary when old, the essence prevents the oxidation of phosphorous

External use:

-parasiticide

-analgesic

-revulsive ( counter-irritant )

-antiseptic, cicatrizing

Indications:

Internal use:

-chronic and fetid bronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis

-urinary and renal infections, cystitis, urethritis

-leucorrhoea

-puerperal fever

-haemorrhage ( intestinal, pulmonary, uterine, haemophilia, nose bleeds )

-gallstones

-oliguria

-dropsy

-rheumatism

-spasms ( colitis, whooping cough )

-flatulence

-migraine

-intestinal parasites ( especially tapeworm )

-chronic constipation

-epilepsy

-accidental consumption of phosphorous

External use:

-rheumatism, gout, neuralgia, sciatica

-atonic wounds and sores, gangrenous wounds

-scabies, lice

-leucorrhoea, puerperal infections

Abha

Abha
hi Abha

I've tried the turp a few times already. First time only did some drops. Last couple times I took 1/4 of a teaspoonful. First time I mixed it in granulated sugar and the second time I took it with honey like what Tony does. Tony says you can also take it with oil. I'm going to try it with that the next time. I can't say I really felt much even with the 1/4 teaspoon, although a bit more clear headed for awhile. I did not experience any die off type reactions.

If you haven't done so already, go to my first post on this thread and read the thread from the projectavalon site. A number of people have taken a higher dosage and more frequently than I have.

Also I've listened to a number of Tony's interviewed podcasts on oneradionetwork.com and I'm impressed with his knowledge on a variety of subjects. I know he has a huge following on youtube.

Rand

Hi Rand,

Thanks for the information you have given.I see you live in the states so it is probably much easier to obtain the gum oil there.I live in the UK .I have looked at some places for buying it here(UK) but it doesn't appear to be what I need.Is there anyone living in the UK who has used this oil and who knows where I can obtain it?I'll read the info on the projectavalon site as you have suggested.I just had router/401 problems re posting this.I may have lost some of my message.

Abha

Abha
Many many natural substances are poisonous. Deadly nightshade, hemlock, henbane, numerous fungi, Nux vomica (the source of strychnine), Monkshood and countless others.

I am very much in favour of using natural medicinal substances rather than pharmaceuticals, but definitely not this one!

Hi MeSci,

Everybody to their own poison!
There are many natural substances that are frowned on (re health use)still used today by many people throughout the world.One has to make up their own mind whether it is right for them or not.

Rand56

Hi Rand,

Thanks for the information you have given.I see you live in the states so it is probably much easier to obtain the gum oil there.I live in the UK .I have looked at some places for buying it here(UK) but it doesn't appear to be what I need.Is there anyone living in the UK who has used this oil and who knows where I can obtain it?I'll read the info on the projectavalon site as you have suggested.I just had router/401 problems re posting this.I may have lost some of my message.

I'll venture a good guess that you would have better luck posting at that projectavalon to find out how you can possibly get it in the UK. I don't remember if there are any UK people there but there might be. Maybe it's called Terebinth or Balsam Fir over in the UK? Just have to make sure whatever you get is pure 100% turp.

Abha

Abha
I'll venture a good guess that you would have better luck posting at that projectavalon to find out how you can possibly get it in the UK. I don't remember if there are any UK people there but there might be. Maybe it's called Terebinth or Balsam Fir over in the UK? Just have to make sure whatever you get is pure 100% turp.

Thanks Rand,
I saw some oil being sold as Balsam Fir needles...I wonder if that is the same.I think Tony mentioned Terebinth in connection with France(or Quebec?).I'll check the site that you have mentioned.

Rand56

Thanks Rand,
I saw some oil being sold as Balsam Fir needles...I wonder if that is the same.I think Tony mentioned Terebinth in connection with France(or Quebec?).I'll check the site that you have mentioned.

I don't believe you're looking for the needles. AFAIK, all the turp is distilled extracted from pine sap.

Rand56

@Abha

I found this.......

http://www.birdbrand.co.uk/acatalog/Genuine_Turpentine.html

and from this curezone.com thread if you click on the link from the first post, you'll see that they list the Bird Brand-Genuine Turpentine as Gum Spirits of Turpentine/Genuine Gum Turpentine/Oil of Turpentine

http://curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1923507

Maybe you can find out who carries that brand locally, because no doubt if you have it shipped to you, you'll have to pay an additional hazard fee since it's considered a flammable liquid.

Plus, if I were you, I'd double check with the company to see if it is "still" genuine turpentine with no additives

Abha

Abha
Thanks Rand56,
I have sent messages to some people on other sites you have mentioned.I'm sure it can be obtained somewhere.yesterday I checked locally but the types I found were unsuitable.

South

I don't have time to listen to the podcasts. I suppose I would find the time if I had any interest in drinking turpentine but I absolutely don't. It's a poison and it's very easy to appear intelligent and well-versed on any subject to sell an idea. I am looking at it from the point of view of my own health and there is no way I would consider taking in a substance like turpentine. And really, this kind of thing really disturbs me related to the dangers of ingesting it. For goodness sake, it strips paint. There are much safer ways of clearing pathogens from the body.

I have to say, I'm surprised at the tone of certain responses on this thread.. This is supposed to be a forum for discussion of new ideas.

adreno

PR activist
Why not use oregano oil, or something else which has been proven to kill pathogens? I don't understand this...unless turpentine has been proven to have some special abilities that other agents don't have, I don't see how it's worth the risks.

Rand56

Well, all I have to say is that if turpentine was as poisonous as some people think it is, then I suppose Dr. Daniels would have been put away in prison a long time ago for murder and it's not like she ever recommended to guzzle down a half a can of it at once like I suppose it wouldn't be wise either to chug down the same amount of oregano oil.

Once again, we're talking 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine, not just mineral spirits.