• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Multivitamin - have major food intolerances and MCS

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I've just about had it with trying to get a good multivitamin - I don't seem to be able to tolerate anything, just going through amalgam removal and desperately need to up my vitamin and mineral intake. Anyone with severe intolerances found one?

I also recently tried rubbing minerals into my skin as I couldn't tolerate them orally but that just made me feel as bad.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Tried sublingual? I am now very interested in sublingual administration since melatonin sublingual did what others not.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
No idea maryb, in fact I bought the Douglas B Complex and I plan to try opening the capsule under my tongue and try to absorb it. Will see how it goes. Specifically sublingual there seem to be a couple like the source naturals but I haven´t tried any. May someone chime in that did.

EDIT: Have checked again and it seems every b complex sublingual in the market sucks, either lacks things or have folic acid. I hope you can absorb somewhat the powder in capsules sublingually.

Thinktank

@maryb, i'm with you. I experience exactly the same problem and believe it's caused by some of the B-vits.
Have you ever tried a multivitamin without the b-array of vitamins?

Some have recommended yasko's multivitamin to me as mentioned by Minkeygirl but i yet have to try it. Some say Ben Lynch's multivitamin is pretty good as well.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@helen1 Thanks I'll check that one out
@minkeygirl I think the yasko has folic acid in? I will know next week whether this will be okay, I know it is low dose so maybe it'll be okay,
@Thinktank I couldn't find the ben lynch one on a quick look - I'll have another go, do you take it?
I haven't found a multivitamin without bvits in.

Thinktank

@Beyond, yeah that's the one but now looking at the ingredientlist i have to retract my words. There's too much junk in it. Fruit and vegetable blend? I don't believe it's good for someone sensitive to multivitamins.
To me a multivitamin is a complex with only the essential vitamins and maybe minerals. Nowadays it's like a competition who can fill the most non-essential ingredients into one pill.

Vitamin A (33% as Vitamin A Palmitate [2500 IU]/67% [5000 IU] as Natural Beta-Carotene from D. Salina with full spectrum carotenoids)7500 IU150%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid/Ascorbyl Palmitate/Calcium and Magnesium Ascorbate complex)700 mg1,167%
Vitamin D-3500 IU125%
Vitamin E (natural, as d-alpha tocopheryl, plus mixed tocopherols)200 IU667%
Thiamine50 mg3,333%
Riboflavin25 mg1,147%
Niacin/Niacinamide (B3)95 mg475%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl/Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate Complex)50 mg2,500%
Folate (as L-Methylfolate, Metafolin)400 mcg100%
Vitamin B-12 (methylcobalamin)125 mcg2,083%
Biotin150 mcg50%
Pantothenic acid (d-Calcium Pantothenate)250 mg2,500%
Calcium (as Calcium Citrate/Ascorbate/Carbonate Complex)250 mg25%
Iodine (kelp)100 mcg67%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate/ Ascorbate/Oxide complex)250 mg63%
Zinc ( Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)12.5 mg83%
Selenium (as Selenium Krebs*/Kelp complex)100 mcg143%
Copper (as Copper Amino Acid Chelate)1 mg50%
Manganese (as Manganese Aspartate/Sulfate complex) 5mg 250%
Chromium GTF (Organically bound with GTF activity-low allergenicity)100 mcg83%
Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Krebs*)50 mcg67%
Potassium (aspartate complex)50 mg1%
Lutein (natural)3 mg-
Lycopene (natural)3 mg-
Zeaxanthin0.5 mg-
Other Minerals, Nutrients, & Trace Elements--
Inositol50 mg-
Trace Elements (from Sea Vegetation)50 mcg-
Choline (from 75 mg. Choline Citrate/Bitartrate)30 mg-
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)25 mg-
Boron (Aspartate/Citrate Complex)0.75 mg-
Vanadium (as Vanadium Krebs*)25 mcg-
Amino Acids and Enzymes--
L-Cysteine/N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine75 mg-
Betaine (from 75 mg. Betaine HCI)57 mg-
Bromelain (2,000 GDU/g)25 mg-
Glutamic acid (from 13 mg. Glutamic Acid HCI)10 mg-
L-Methionine6.3 mg-
BioFlavonoids and Proanthocyanidins--
Rose Hips50 mg-
Lemon Bioflavonoids50 mg-
Red Wine Proanthocyanidins/Pine Bark Extract25 mg-
Hesperidin18 mg-
Rutin12.5 mg-
Vegetables, Fruits, and Herbs--
Proprietary Organic Fruit and Vegetable Blend350 mg-
Organic beet powder (root), organic carrot powder (root), organic black currant powder (fruit), organic blueberry powder (fruit), organic broccoli powder (whole plant), organic concord grape powder (fruit), organic green cabbage powder (whole plant), organic collard greens (leaf), organic mountain cranberry powder (fruit), organic kale powder (whole plant), organic parsley powder (whole plant), organic pomegranate powder (fruit), organic raspberry powder (fruit), organic spinach powder (whole plant)--
Garlic Extract50 mg-
Cauliflower (entire plant)50 mg-
Spirulina50 mg-
Chlorella (broken cell wall)50 mg-
Green papaya extract (dry)50 mg-
Blackberry (fruit)50 mg-
Celery powder (leaf)40 mg-
Black radish powder (root)35 mg-
Apricot powder (fruit)35 mg-
Green tea extract25 mg-
Apple Pectin25 mg-

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I know, I thought exactly the same. And the one of Yasko isnt all that impressive either, also has too much stuff and lacks quantity and at times quality of vitamins and minerals, which is in fact what we want in a multi and not 15 other things in miniscule quantities like curcumin or NAC. Plus they ask you to take 4-8 pills per day, both the seeking health and the Yasko one, which means they are expensive too. Anyway, maybe they are good, is a matter of trying.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@maryb Not sure about that. I actually posted on Yasko's Facebook page about the dosage on her's and she said you can take as few as you want if you have a reaction.

Radio

I've just about had it with trying to get a good multivitamin - I don't seem to be able to tolerate anything, just going through amalgam removal and desperately need to up my vitamin and mineral intake. Anyone with severe intolerances found one?

I also recently tried rubbing minerals into my skin as I couldn't tolerate them orally but that just made me feel as bad.
These are the best Hypo-Allergenic Supplement on the market (.)

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=Pure Encapsulations multi&x=6&y=12#p=1

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/products/mineral-650.html
http://www.pureencapsulations.com/products/shop-by-product-category/minerals/mineral-650-w-o-copper-iron.html

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=Thorne Research, Basic Nutrients&x=10&y=6#p=1

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Radio
thanks - I have tried the Thorne but not the Pure Encapsulations, just got a TD mineral spray to try so hopefully will be okay for minerals - back to the B vits search:grumpy:

Radio

@Radio
thanks - I have tried the Thorne but not the Pure Encapsulations, just got a TD mineral spray to try so hopefully will be okay for minerals - back to the B vits search:grumpy:
Check this out really low dose active multivitamin , as all your B's file:///C:/Users/Mike/Desktop/Mast%20cell%20vitamins/Kids%20Mighty-Multi!%20Chewable%20%28120%20tabs%29.htm