• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jarrow Methylcobalamin - any good?

Sorry for starting a new thread but I couldn't decide where to tag this onto..
I'm in the process of buying the supplements I think I need to start Fredd's protocol but I thought I read somewhere that people had decided that the Jarrow formula may not be working properly anymore.

Have I remembered that correctly or is the Jarrow 5000 mcg still ok?

ahmo

Yes, if you're up to needing 5mg. I've just gone up to 6. I take 2 at a time, 1 upper gums, the other in lower gum. My first, early AM dose is also at the same time as I put some powdered AdB12 into the gum. Then I do another 2 ET after breakfast, and then at midday. Somewhere I read Freddd suggesting to take them by midday. Just as well I'm mostly home, as this creates hours of having a red mouth. Best wishes for a good start to the new year. ahmo

Freddd

I really don't like having to say this, because I thought that the Jarrow MeCbl was a great product and then it stopped working, at least for my CNS. I didn't have any body problems, just central nerve problems. So while my body was fine and my neurological deterioration picked up significantly. When things start changing it can be because they are healing or deteriorating with the nerves. It takes a while to know which direction it is going. When it did, I had some sudden demyelinations (determined by sudden effect and long slow healing) We could have a vampire costume party and hand out B12 party favors so one can have a bloodly looking mouth and drool. And it rinses out of clothing easily with warm water.