• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK National Archive releases formerly 'closed' file

Ember

From my own personal point of view, I found - and still find - reading these files to be
deeply distressing, disturbing and painful. It is utterly draining, and overwhelmingly
depressing going through them.

VALERIE ELIOT SMITH

Many thanks to Valerie and those of you who have the grit to read these files through.

currer

"But first and foremost – we need an apology from the UK government in the same manner that the Norwegian Directorate of Health apologised to its ME spectrum patient group in 2011. And we need other countries to do the same"

From the above document

Enid

Kaazoom - many thanks - I especially liked Valerie Eliot Smith's titling "ME spectrum illnesses" -brilliant to me. Hope she is taking time out in this draining and depressing endeavour please. Many thanks to her. How little advanced the situation is here since then.

Seven7

Seven
"ME spectrum illnesses"

What does this even mean? If it is several stuff I can tell my doctor what to look for?!?!?

knackers323

Isn't there still a file about Me/Cfs that the UK government has that was due to be released recently but at the last minute was sealed till 2070 or so?

We would probably know the cause of our illness and possibly be free of it if we could somehow get this info.

alex3619

Isn't there still a file about Me/Cfs that the UK government has that was due to be released recently but at the last minute was sealed till 2070 or so?

We would probably know the cause of our illness and possibly be free of it if we could somehow get this info.

I have read the stuff that was released at least until last year. There are one or more files that, it is claimed, are full of personal patient history details. Given the stuff that was blacked out in what I read, this is a dubious claim. I still don't know what was blacked out, but for the released stuff it doesn't look too interesting.

My guess is it wont lead to a cure, but it might lead to a smoking gun that proves those pushing CFS stuff in the UK really stuffed up.