• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is inosine available in Europe?

SOC

My daughter went off to Lisbon without her inosine, which is not good since her EBV and HHV6 titres are climbing. She hasn't found inosine in the stores there, yet. Is inosine available in Europe, or is she wasting her time looking?

She will be in the Brussels area in a week, so could look there too. Any suggestions for a good place to buy less common supplements in Lisbon or Brussels?

Tito

Yes ISOPRINOSINE is available in Brussels, but I think you'll need a prescription.

bertiedog

Does anybody know if we can get it in the UK or even if Dr Myhill can presribe it can we actually get it? I got mine from Breakspear but they wouldn't give it to me again because its over 18 months since I last saw them. Don't particularly want to go all that way and to that extra expense to see Dr Munro because I don't feel she has much to offer apart from what I do. At least at the moment that is how it seems to me.

Thanks and I hope everybody is having a good day.

Pam

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i do remember hearing from soneone in france who said they just buy it over the counter for like $7 for 50 tabs, worth a day drip over to paris maybe??

SOC

Thanks, everybody! I'm passing all this info on to my daughter and hoping she finds some soon. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't. :)

Seven7

Seven
@SOC worse case, she can do her resting period before hand. (The month off) and just start again her 6month period when she comes back. Some plp get the resting period every 3 or 4 months so if she is close she can might be able to do that too???

SOC

@SOC worse case, she can do her resting period before hand. (The month off) and just start again her 6month period when she comes back. Some plp get the resting period every 3 or 4 months so if she is close she can might be able to do that too???
It looks like she may end up doing exactly that. She'll be back within a month, so she won't be without it that long. We'd have preferred to wait on the resting period since her EBV and HHV6 titres are climbing, but it is what it is. Life is never easy or straightforward with this illness, so this is just another (relatively small) bump in the road.

SOC

Can you just FedEx some inosine to her next hotel and have them hold it for her until she arrives?
I've been told that's a bad idea for meds and supplements. I don't know for sure if that's true though.. I suppose it depends on whether customs looks into the box. ;)

bertiedog

I have had to restart Immunovir because of having 2 viruses on top of each other giving me very bad symptoms and this is on top of having 5 Herpes type viruses well over the range in last year's blood tests. Is inosine as good as Immunovir does anybody know?

Thanks
Pam