• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Then add L-carnitine fumarate (titrate up to one 855 mg capsule a day)
It has 500mg of carnitine from 855 from carnitine fumarate. Let's use 500mg so we can compare across forms. I don't do this with AdoCbl and MeCbl standardized on CyCbl however, of folates.

If you have anxiety and tend to over emphasize fears then you might consider microtitrating with the Jarrow Liquid carnitine (freebase). With that you might start at 150mcg a day whereas with the LCF maybe 64mg to start with (1/8 capsule)

Fredd, thanks so much for answering!!! I'm sending you a virtual holiday hug.

Concerning the carnitine - I just purchased the l-carnitine fumarate, but reading your above message, I do have anxiety and I would say I tend to over emphasize fears. Does this mean I'm one of those 10% you mentioned who needs the plain carnitine rather than the carnitine fumarate? Or will I eventually need the carnitine fumarate?

Freddd

Fredd, thanks so much for answering!!! I'm sending you a virtual holiday hug.

Concerning the carnitine - I just purchased the l-carnitine fumarate, but reading your above message, I do have anxiety and I would say I tend to over emphasize fears. Does this mean I'm one of those 10% you mentioned who needs the plain carnitine rather than the carnitine fumarate? Or will I eventually need the carnitine fumarate?

Hi AngieLynn,

That doesn't really change the type of carnitine but rather changes to the liquid form. The capsules have carnitine in the form of small grains of mixed sizes. With the liquid you can start with minute amounts, like 150mcg which is about 1/7 of a mg instead of 64 mg. Eventually, as the brain goes through its discomforts, then you will get to large enough doses for the body to get going. You may or may not have such hypersensitivity. I was offering a caution. If you are not you might titrate up to the LCF capsules or portions in a month. Whereas if you are hypersensitive, that can go away after the brain has a chance to build up to normal before starting the body.

South

hi.i started adenosylb12 10mg a day and 1g carnitine fumarate a day.after 9 days i started coq10 pycnogenol and taurine.and i immedietelly stopped the last 3 because i had sudden increase in heart rate,depression,fever.after 1 week i still have all this.so is this adb12 and carnitine start up?so can i start coq10 pycnogenol and taurine again?but is fever a common start up response?i dont think i have seen fever again mentioned.
Please use punctuation, this is very hard to read. Thanks.

Hi Fredd,

As I start implementing and reading your answers I have some new questions. This is so complex! Thanks again for your help.

At least 200 mcg of MeCbl and At least 200 mcg of AdoCbl

This would be a desired absorbed level, It is about 20% absorption of a 1000mcg tablet or 10% of the Anabol capsule. This is sufficient to get all healing going subject to other nutrients needed except CNS healing for some people.

Hi Fredd, I just read this again - I believe that I have CNS issues, so what should my total mcg dosage goal be for MeCbl and AdoCbl to turn on CNS healing completely?

Then add L-carnitine fumarate (titrate up to one 855 mg capsule a day)
It has 500mg of carnitine from 855 from carnitine fumarate. Let's use 500mg so we can compare across forms. I don't do this with AdoCbl and MeCbl standardized on CyCbl however, of folates.

If you have anxiety and tend to over emphasize fears then you might consider microtitrating with the Jarrow Liquid carnitine (freebase). With that you might start at 150mcg a day whereas with the LCF maybe 64mg to start with (1/8 capsule)

Fredd, so is my end goal for L-carnitine fumerate the 500 mg (855 l-carnitine fumerate)?

Take the folate first and wait for 45 minutes for potassium.

If I put the methylfolate under my upper lip, wait a half hour, then put the b12's under my upper lip, it takes a long time for them to dissolve - like a couple hours, as you've noted. Do I need to wait 1/2 hour past the complete desolving of the methylfolate and b12's to take potassium?

As far as the MeCbl and Methylfolate, sore, try that and other dosing schedules. I would also suggest titrating up to the point that no more makes any difference. Higher doses seem to penetrate more deeply for longer. It heals more quickly but not sure if to greater extent or not in the end. A single dose of 1000mcg a day (200mcg absorbed) probably makes 75% of the total difference. Dose proportionality for MeCbl is said by various studies to be up to 3000-5000mcg absorbed, and then a second tier at =>7500mcg injected SC my my own trials and those of others who were also injecting.

- So to get 5000mcg absorbed of the MeCbl, am I correct that this would be 25000 mcg tablets needed? Does that need to be in a single dose or is that okay to spread throughout the day?

- The Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion tablets are only 1000 mcg, and I don't see a 5000 mcg version. Do you have a recommendation for a MeCbl product to take with the 5000 mcg tablets?

- For the Anabol Dibencoplex, what's my ultimate goal with that one? If I increase the MeCbl, do I increase the
adb12 equally at the same time? So if I increase my MeCbl to 25,000 mcg, do I do the same for the adb12? Or do I increase each form to 12500 mcg and try to get a total of 25000 mcg to get that full effect you described above?

- My sister is asking if it would be of benefit to get MeCbl injections in addition to the oral dosing? Or is the oral dosing just as effective?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

freddd if pycnogenol created methyltrap it would have gone in one day or two right?it has 5 hour half life.and i use 3mg enzymatic b12(if i dont use the now 10mg) every day.with 4-8mg methylfolate

Freddd

freddd if pycnogenol created methyltrap it would have gone in one day or two right?it has 5 hour half life.and i use 3mg enzymatic b12(if i dont use the now 10mg) every day.with 4-8mg methylfolate

Hi finalgates,

If it does cause methyltrap, just getting rid of it doesn't end methyltrap which appears to be meta-stable once in it. SO it takes intervention, ie MeCbl and methylfolate to get out of it typically. Try to get things running smoothly and in balance. Good health.

Freddd

@AngieLynn.

I am going to write a complete response to you because this whole dose matter vs. serum level is important to understand and I just don't have time today. My son is getting married tomorrow, at my house. My daughter is in from out of town. This is an important question and I can't do it justice today and possibly the next couple of days.

Just for a quick response for your daughter, if done properly the ENZY MeCbl is more effective, or at least more reliable, than the typical injection. I'll explain in detail. Have some good holidays.

@AngieLynn.

I am going to write a complete response to you because this whole dose matter vs. serum level is important to understand and I just don't have time today. My son is getting married tomorrow, at my house. My daughter is in from out of town. This is an important question and I can't do it justice today and possibly the next couple of days.

Just for a quick response for your daughter, if done properly the ENZY MeCbl is more effective, or at least more reliable, than the typical injection. I'll explain in detail. Have some good holidays.

Thank you for letting me know Fredd - Congratulations on your son's wedding - Have a wonderful, blessed time!

freddd maybe low grade fever is startup of adb12?because its deficiency lowers body temperature.so maybe its start up and after 2-3 weeks gets normal?because i fixed methyl trap and only fixed my depression.with 10mg mb12 and 4mg methylfolate

Freddd

freddd maybe low grade fever is startup of adb12?because its deficiency lowers body temperature.so maybe its start up and after 2-3 weeks gets normal?because i fixed methyl trap and only fixed my depression.with 10mg mb12 and 4mg methylfolate

Hi Finalgates,

I had low grade fevers on and off for more or less 40 years. However, Both MeCbl and AdoCbl made me hot. Instead of needing an electric blanket near high to keep me warm at night I'm often hot now with only a sheet. I get incredibly hot in ordinary clothing much of the time and sweat pours off me. But I haven't had a fever in maybe 8 or 9 years, since I had healed a lot of symptoms. I know it take a while to reset ones various "thermostats".

Hi all - While I'm waiting for Fredd to answer my questions I recently posted, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if Fredd recommends a MeB12 with a higher potency? Or can you suggest a brand that works well?

I bought the Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion he recommends, but I then realized it's only 1000 mcg (1 mg) lozenges and I'd go through those way too quickly. I don't see a 5000 mcg (5 mg) version by that company.

I'm already taking 10,000 mcg a day and still have to go higher. I'd go through this bottle way too fast!

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited:

ahmo

AngieLynn, as of now, Freddd rates the Enzymatic Therapies as the only reliable Mb12. Unfortunately, just the tablets you already have. I'm only up to 6 tabs a day, but with a bottle size of 30...My last iherb order I got their bulk discount, something like 10-12 bottles. Bummer. If only we had enough customers to petition for a larger size.

Mfolate can be swallowed. I'm now taking folate early AM, Midday, PM, and B12 early AM, after breakfast, midday. I remember reading Fredd suggesting it's best by midday, though one night I was having a methyl crisis and took one when I got up in the night, with no problems sleeping. Responding to my most recent query to Freddd re AdB12/MB12 amounts, he said he now uses them in equal amounts. That's the sum of my collected wisdom on the subject. cheers, ahmo

AngieLynn, as of now, Freddd rates the Enzymatic Therapies as the only reliable Mb12. Unfortunately, just the tablets you already have. I'm only up to 6 tabs a day, but with a bottle size of 30...My last iherb order I got their bulk discount, something like 10-12 bottles. Bummer. If only we had enough customers to petition for a larger size.

Mfolate can be swallowed. I'm now taking folate early AM, Midday, PM, and B12 early AM, after breakfast, midday. I remember reading Fredd suggesting it's best by midday, though one night I was having a methyl crisis and took one when I got up in the night, with no problems sleeping. Responding to my most recent query to Freddd re AdB12/MB12 amounts, he said he now uses them in equal amounts. That's the sum of my collected wisdom on the subject. cheers, ahmo

Thanks Ahmo! I'm guessing I'm one of those people who need a huge amount of b12. Maybe I can combine more than one brand of Meb12, with at some of it being the Enzymatic Therapies brand.

Fredd, I'm still hoping for any answer to the questions I posted two weeks ago. I realize you may be busy - Sorry if that's the case. I don't want to bug you, but I just wanted to post in case you'd forgotten.

Sea

Fredd, I'm still hoping for any answer to the questions I posted two weeks ago. I realize you may be busy - Sorry if that's the case. I don't want to bug you, but I just wanted to post in case you'd forgotten.

In order to get someone's attention it's best to tag them like this @AngieLynn

Also, just be aware we have both Fredd and Freddd as members. The one you want is Freddd

Freddd

Hi AngieLynn,

I'll do the reply over the next few hours and post it to a private conversation.

Moshi

I have one question: should I be taking MeCbl during amalgam removal?
I am currently taking 2,5 mg sublingual MeCbl daily, should I stop doing this before my dental work and resume the protocol sometime after....sorry if the topic does not fit the thread but I am desperate for info as I am not able to find it anywhere... thanks!!!

Freddd

I have one question: should I be taking MeCbl during amalgam removal?
I am currently taking 2,5 mg sublingual MeCbl daily, should I stop doing this before my dental work and resume the protocol sometime after....sorry if the topic does not fit the thread but I am desperate for info as I am not able to find it anywhere... thanks!!!

The benefit of MeCbl will disappear within 3 days and deficiency symptoms will promptly return. I would take selenium both for days before, and immediately after the procedure. If you have nitrous oxide you will first flush the MeCbl from your brain and body and then deprive your body of replacement for days or weeks if you don't take it. That could cause neurological damage in some rare cases even within hours of nitrous oxide exposure. You couldn't pay me enough to risk that kind of damage. I inject subcutaneously just before I have nitrous oxide and lots of sublingual MeCbl from the time I walk out of the office.