• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VERY interesting article from Dr. Myhill

stridor

Not having a colon makes me sensitive to the laxative effects of Mg. I use the more expensive forms such as l-threonate and Mg glycinate which are absorbed better. Mg citrate is a trip to the bathroom and I am not interested in trying Mg oxide.
I can use topical in the summer but it is too drying in the winter. I have also had Mg by IV.

golden

The "fuss" is that too much magnesium can kill you. That's all.

Do you know how much is 'too much'? or does it vary from person to person.

On a fundamental level, i believe any injection is an insult to the body. The body has its skin as a defence barrier.

I don't wish to override that.

There have been some studies done about injecting even 'harmless ' substances into the body causing bad health.

However it seems lots of people are doing it - and some have been significantly healed.

Best
Golden

xrunner

@Mary,
I tested a few years ago and likely active were Bartonella, Borrelia, CPn and possibly, because of very high IgG titres, CMV and slightly elevated for Coxsackie (not sure if it was this or another virus) and a blood roundworm called Cryptostrongylus Pulmoni but I likely had other microscopic parasites in my system.
Among the many things tried, what worked for me was initially certain antibiotics and a few herbals, then mainly antibiotics and antibiofilm remedies, antiparasitics, a natural antibiotic, Maf 314, chelation (A Cutler) of mercury and lead.
However, still to this time, I am not sure of what the real cause was/is so by trial and error I went shooting at almost every type of infection (viral, bacteria, parasites) in order to get better and in fact responded to all. But progress did not come in a straightline, there were often stumbling blocks, including mcs, and periods when treatment did not seem to work.
Please note that I am not completely cured but I do not need to take any supplements or meds to feel reasonably well and even without any support I have had some improvements, albeit quite small, all of which suggests there is likely still something going on.

Last edited:

Ema

I just nebulized magnesium oil and that was interesting. It did burn a little bit. I'm not sure I liked that but we will see how fast it goes away.

Ema

I just nebulized magnesium oil and that was interesting. It did burn a little bit. I'm not sure I liked that but we will see how fast it goes away.
So the burn did go away pretty quickly (maybe 1/2 hour?) so I'll give it another shot tonight.

If I carry on with it, I will buy the faster, quieter and more expensive ultrasonic nebulizer though. This compressor noise for a half hour is irritating as all get out.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Ema - I've never nebulized. Where did it burn - your lungs or your mouth or? It just sounded a little scary though I know Dr Myhill recommends it as one method of getting magnesium into your system.

You said you used magnesium oil - is this the stuff you can buy at any health food store? If so, is there any way of knowing how much magnesium you're getting?

Mary

Ema

Ema - I've never nebulized. Where did it burn - your lungs or your mouth or? It just sounded a little scary though I know Dr Myhill recommends it as one method of getting magnesium into your system.

You said you used magnesium oil - is this the stuff you can buy at any health food store? If so, is there any way of knowing how much magnesium you're getting?

Mary
I followed the instructions online for mixing the Ancient Minerals brand of mag oil with distilled water. 3.5 teas of mag oil to 100 ml of water. And then supposedly 5 ml of that solution gives approx 100 mg of elemental mag. (I didn't check the math though.) Dr Myhill says to start there and see if the dose should be increased or decreased based on the response.

I think it helps my energy though because I just had a big burst at a time when it is not usual for me. So we'll see. I might try doing it in the AM too and see if the effect holds.

It doesn't exactly burn but it does feel like getting a chestful of strong sea air except stronger. Burn is the closest I can come to describing the feeling. It's not painful per se and it doesn't last though. It does feel odd.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Sounds very interesting - I'm glad to hear it seems to help your energy. Keep us posted how it goes. I'm going to try making the magnesium bicarbonate solution I read about probably after Christmas, and am still going to be talking to my doctor (a different one) about the mag injections - hopefully something will work!

Mary

Ema

Sounds very interesting - I'm glad to hear it seems to help your energy. Keep us posted how it goes. I'm going to try making the magnesium bicarbonate solution I read about probably after Christmas, and am still going to be talking to my doctor (a different one) about the mag injections - hopefully something will work!

Mary
On the link I posted a few back, she also writes about how to mix a solution with magnesium sulphate (i.e. Epsom salts). Good luck! I think this is kind of fun! Hope it works...

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi Ema - here's a link about how to make the mag/bicarb water - http://www.socialanxietysupport.com...gnesium-bicarbonate-drink-tastes-sweet-46555/'
(I think I posted this somewhere but can't find where)

And I read about this on the long post by Gatorlord on this thread:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...vels-not-going-up-even-with-injections.14576/

I found this post particularly interesting because he says this (the mag/bicarb water) is the preferred way for magnesium to get into the mitochondria - so we'll see!

But your burst of energy with the nebulizer is also very promising -- hope it keeps up

Mary

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
@Radio,
You fully recovered? That's fascinating! How long did it take you? What were your energy levels like when you began the protocol and what are they like now that you're recovered?
By the way, I'm taking a lot of the same things you are, even including Seeking Health probiotics and I'm familiar with NT products, although I'm not taking them at the moment.

knackers323

@Radio,
You fully recovered? That's fascinating! How long did it take you? What were your energy levels like when you began the protocol and what are they like now that you're recovered?
By the way, I'm taking a lot of the same things you are, even including Seeking Health probiotics and I'm familiar with NT products, although I'm not taking them at the moment.

Did you notice much from NT factor? How long did you take it?

Radio

@Radio,
Hi, Yes i am 100% heals from CFS..I still have some muscle (Fibro) pain when i eat the wrong foods...But i can run like the wind...I healed in 8 weeks with the Nt factor protocol and the Paleo G diet.

What were your energy levels like when you began the protocol ?
I was really sick, i could not get out of bed or walk to the bathroom...I was ready to give up on life and my G/F told me to fight, so i did...Now, I'm ready to save the world...Check out my full protocol http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/nt-factor-healed-my-cfs.27280/

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
Radio - I am so happy for you. That's truly amazing. I tried the NT factor for I think 3 months - was actually part of a clinical trial, and it did nothing for me either way, good or bad. No effect. But I'm really glad it helped you.

I've taken (and still take) almost all of the supps you mention. I did try biotin a couple of years ago and again noticed no difference.

I do take B-6 in the form of P-5-P - it helped my energy.

I just saw Dr. Chia this week, and tested positive for coxsackie and echo viruses and he has given me Equilibrant, an herbal concoction that is supposed to help shift the immune system from Th2 dominance back to normal. He says this is the problem - we'll see! I'm still going to try to get more magnesium into my system, am going to make the mag/bicarb water, and maybe the magn. injections, but will try the mag/bicarb water first.

I'll check out your post on the PR board -

Mary

Radio

Radio - I am so happy for you. That's truly amazing. I tried the NT factor for I think 3 months - was actually part of a clinical trial, and it did nothing for me either way, good or bad. No effect. But I'm really glad it helped you.

I've taken (and still take) almost all of the supps you mention. I did try biotin a couple of years ago and again noticed no difference.

I do take B-6 in the form of P-5-P - it helped my energy.

I just saw Dr. Chia this week, and tested positive for coxsackie and echo viruses and he has given me Equilibrant, an herbal concoction that is supposed to help shift the immune system from Th2 dominance back to normal. He says this is the problem - we'll see! I'm still going to try to get more magnesium into my system, am going to make the mag/bicarb water, and maybe the magn. injections, but will try the mag/bicarb water first.

I'll check out your post on the PR board -

Mary
Hi,
The coxsackie virus was an issue for me as well, I've found selenium was important in silencing the virus...

Last edited:

Wayne

Anyways, I'm going to get magnesium injections (to do myself) one way or another. The only downside is they are supposed to hurt (nothing's simple with this DD!) but I don't care. I've done horrible detoxing and survived - As I told my sister today, the only thing I haven't tried is painful injections - so why not give that a try! :)

Hi Mary,

I've been doing a fair amount of research on liposomal encapsulation technology. Apparently Liposomal Vitamin C is just as or even more effective than IV Vitamin C. And it's the same for many other nutrients. Thought I'd mention this as Liposomal Magnesium might be just as or more effective as magnesium injections.

Wayne

Mary

Moderator Resource
Radio - thanks again for all the info. I've tried just about everything on your list except the N (R) Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside, which is too pricey. However, I could do nicotinamide and riboflavin-5-phosphate. I've found that folate in the form of Metafolin (brand name) and B6 in the form of P-5-P both increased my energy, though I still crash. So maybe the B2 in the above form would help as well. My diet is good, and I have made improvements. I don't detox nearly as much as I used to, some part of my body is working better. I have been taking a product called Chem Defense by Source Naturals which is sublingual molybdenum and glutathione and I think it's helped with the detoxing.

I did have good results with NADH (10 or 20 mg. a day, I forget which) several years ago for 10 days, and then it just stopped helping. It was pricey at that dose but I would have kept it up if it had kept helping. Now Foods makes a sublingual product called NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) which is cheaper. I tried it once with no results but might give it a go again. It gets so complicated!

I started the Equilibrant today, half a tab and didn't notice anything, but will see. I'm supposed to work up very slowly to 4 a day over a period of several weeks.

Mary

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi Wayne - That is amazing about liposomal vitamin C being just as or even more effective than IV vitamin C. I've read about the use of IV vitamin C in cancer therapy and have often thought if I develop cancer, it will be my go-to remedy. Actually, that's really interesting. I had no idea the liposomal form would be that effective.

So it certainly sounds worth a try with magnesium (and a lot less painful than injections!) I only saw two products on-line, but one of them had a very good review on Amazon, stating that it raised the person's magnesium RBC reading in just a month. Sarah Myhill believes that low intracellular magnesium is a cause of crashing - interfering with the recycling of ATP. And I've been taking magnesium for years and years and years ..... I think I explained it above.

Thanks so much for this suggestion! Hope you are doing okay --

Mary

Radio

Radio - thanks again for all the info. I've tried just about everything on your list except the N (R) Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside, which is too pricey. However, I could do nicotinamide and riboflavin-5-phosphate. I've found that folate in the form of Metafolin (brand name) and B6 in the form of P-5-P both increased my energy, though I still crash. So maybe the B2 in the above form would help as well. My diet is good, and I have made improvements. I don't detox nearly as much as I used to, some part of my body is working better. I have been taking a product called Chem Defense by Source Naturals which is sublingual molybdenum and glutathione and I think it's helped with the detoxing.

I did have good results with NADH (10 or 20 mg. a day, I forget which) several years ago for 10 days, and then it just stopped helping. It was pricey at that dose but I would have kept it up if it had kept helping. Now Foods makes a sublingual product called NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) which is cheaper. I tried it once with no results but might give it a go again. It gets so complicated!

I started the Equilibrant today, half a tab and didn't notice anything, but will see. I'm supposed to work up very slowly to 4 a day over a period of several weeks.

Mary

Hi, I've been successful with using just plan old nicotinamide 500mg 4xday with NT factor 2xday. I really needed the higher dose to generate the NAD+ to make NADH.

Last edited: