• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you have not yet done so, you could try sulbutiamine!

The thiamine made such a difference in my life that i haven't been willing to stop taking it. I am looking for other avenues because I don't want to face the life had before taking the thiamine.

Lynn

So I thought about this for a while, and I remembered that when I did the ketogenic diet (no carbs) my fatigue would go away entirely as well. Doing a little wikipedia reading on the thiamine page:

The enzymes which are dependent on thiamine pyrophosphate are associated with the citric acid cycle(also known as the Krebs cycle), and catalyze theoxidation of pyruvate, α-ketoglutarateand branched chain amino acids. Thus, anything that encourages glucose metabolism will exacerbate an existing clinical or sub-clinicalthiamine deficiency.

So thiamine is needed for sugar metabolism, hence if you eat no sugar and your body learns to rely on ketones, then the fatigue should stay away even if you decrease your daily thiamine.

xks201

biohacker did you also have dizziness with your cfs symptoms? Like bad constant dizziness? Also did you have frequent urination and or were you urinating more than you took in. If so is that still the case? thanks.

Bansaw

I just introduced myself in the members forum and realized that a lot of CFS sufferers have not tried sulbutiamine, which for me is the only thing that has worked, and it works WELL.
Can I ask what brand of Sulbutiamine you are using?