• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting Lyme/Viral Herbal Protocol: Happy Ending After Years of Suffering With Chronic Lyme Dise

chilove

Here is the link to the blog post where you can post comments and questions: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725

Following is a custom protocol for chronic Lyme disease called the “Synergy Protocol”. He wrote this detailed post for the the readers of this blog and would like to share his success and the principals behind the protocol with any who can benefit.

Treating the Pathogenic Synergy in Chronic Lyme Using Polypharmacy by Don Mau (pictured here).

This article is about taking advantage of a common theme in nature to make chronic Lyme treatment more effective, that theme is synergy. The protocol was designed for myself and adheres to a philosophy and anyone using the ideas presented should take their own health factors into consideration.

- See more at: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725

Last edited by a moderator:

Iquitos

Thanks for this. From the middle of the article I found the name of the herbalist (Here is master herbalist and Lyme author Stephen Harrod Buhner) who wrote the book a lot of this is taken from. Went looking for it and found two: Herbal Antibiotics and Herbal Antivirals. I bought both as eBooks on Amazon and started reading the Herbal Antiviral one.

I'm impressed with this guy and his writing. He's fun to read in addition to (maybe) being ahead of the curve on a lot of things. He has a protocol for EBV and cfs. He tells you where to find the tinctures to buy, and how to make them yourself if you want to, and how to grow a lot of them, or find them wild.

I just ordered the herbal tinctures to do his cfs/EBV protocol for around two months. They're not cheap: around $370 for what should last me 66 days for most of them, less for some. Once I get them, I might start a thread on doing this protocol. I've already been taking moringa for 4-5 months and I think it's doing me some good. I really like the concept of synergy amongst the herbs, and in the case of EBV, he says certain herbs are synergistic with acyclovir, which I am also taking.

And after I get going on the antiviral protocol, I may add those herbs that are specific for bacteria. Many of them are both antibacterial and antiviral, so it wouldn't take adding very many.

xrunner

Thank you for posting this, it's one of the most original story and treatment approach I have come across for some time. In it there are quite a few ideas I can refer to.

When you take into account that there are a collection of infections inside a person that are causing this “Chronic Lyme” then what is happening is pathogenic synergy.

Pathogenic synergy is a commonly occurring phenomenon in nature and can be demonstrated by the phenomenon of “colony collapse disorder”, this is where whole colonies of bees die. What is happening there is that a parasite called Varroa Destructor changes the internal host dynamic so the deformed wing virus can take over. That would be an example of kinetic synergy

The pathogens that a person may become infected with are bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasitic organisms, and mycoplasma and are often thought of as simple creatures not capable of advanced systems of survival. There are also pleomorphic forms and biofilms to consider.

My conclusion was that since a “clinical” diagnosis was given by LLMD’s using only the tests to reinforce such a diagnosis and that since the tests were too inadequate to tell me that without a doubt I was clear of being infected when I was “cured” then for me personally they were irrelevant.

The pathogenic synergy increases the virulence of the collection of infections. The collective pathogens readily share information by “quorum sensing’ and exchanging DNA to share resistance.

Essentially the collection of infections form a symbiotic relationship resulting in pathogenic synergy that is commonly called virulence. The pathogens work as a team so they must be treated as a unit.

That's interesting and it could be the reason why effectively treating infections seemed so difficult.

*Resveratrol is a very beneficial supplement in Lyme patients. In his book “Healing Lyme” by Stephen Harrod Buhner he discusses the use of resveratrol in his protocol. From my own personal experience the resveratrol was very beneficial in reducing the effects of the over production of Quinolinic acid. Quinolinic acid is a large factor in the fatigue and brain fog people experience from the Lyme infection and herx.
I found that quite helpful
Synthetic ABX do nothing to address the issue of biofilms. Biofilms are the symbiotic communities that the pathogens use as command centers and fortresses. A treatment plan using synthetic antibiotics absolutely also requires the use of Protease enzymes like Serrapeptase, Lumbrokinase or Nattokinase. However when using this herbal protocol it is not needed to be put on adjunct treatment of biofilms because the herbs have astounding abilities in this area due to organic acids. An example is Usnea, Cinnamon , garlic and Moringa .
I personally found antibiotics and antiparasitics more effective than herbs at killing systemic infections.
Some people who have tried previously to use herbal protocols and have gotten better for a while only to relapse, have used a popular protocol. If you use a pint beer glass to administer the doses suggested here then with the recommendations from that protocol it is easy to see that the dose is only very slightly amber. With the protocol in use described by this article you will see the deep rich color and flavor intensity of the doses. These doses are high concentrations of medicinal phytochemicals and organic acids. You need enough of these in your system to completely clear the infections and this protocol supplies that. You can also notice after even a few doses that components of the herbs start to adhere to the surface of the glass from etching caused by the organic acids.
That seems to be true, when they worked for me they only did at much higher doses than normally recommended.
Sichuan Teasel – 15 drops
Cryptolepis tincture- 15 drops
Sida Acuta tincture-15 drops
Anamu Tincture- 15 drops
Banderol tincture-10 drops
Chanka Piedra tincture-15 drops

Barberry root tincture- 15 drops.

Wait 15 minutes and then take this;

Houttuynia Cordata powder- ½ teaspoon Moringa leaf powder- ½ teaspoon

*After 3 months use of the Moringa leaf powder and herbal tinctures the majority of the available pathogens will have been killed and the resulting herxheimer reactions are managed at a reasonable level.
I only tried Cryptolepsis, Sida and Barberry and they seemed to kill a lot of things but not everything. I till use Crypto and Barberry for the occasional stomach bug and never failed me.
Banderol was totally ineffective for me.

This next link supports my opinion that you should use cat’s claw instead of Samento because the idea that TAO’s that are removed from cat’s claw to make Samento make it more effective doesn’t make sense.
I tried both and it seems to be the case.
*There is much discussion in the lyme community about Methylation and MTHFR gene deficiency causing an inability to detox. I don’t feel it is the right perspective that has been made out to be, it’s not a gene deficiency that is causing the detox issue instead it is decreased cell function. When cell function is low from the catalog of intracellular infections that generally go with “Lyme” then glutathione production is also low. Glutathione is the body’s powerful antioxident. Exotoxins and endotoxins released by the infections cause a blockage of detox pathways because they cause tissues to become inflamed because there isn’t enough glutathione to deal with those toxins. So when doctors tell you your not detoxing because your glutathione is low then glutathione is low because of low cell function not from a gene deficiency. Once cell function is restored glutathione levels will restore and detox abilities will also.
That's what happened in my case but I found Methylation support helpful in getting to destination where cellular function is eventually restored which happened when the bugs were taken care of. In addition methylation is probably safer than the recommended detox protocol.
The taurine and lecithin also help to repair and clean these detox pathways. In my own case I had Multiple Chemical Sensitivity during my illness and couldn’t process any smells of chemicals, even minor chemical smells would result in nose irritation for hours. After doing this protocol my MCS symptoms are gone.

I also had MCS along the way and it seemed to resolve by taking a long break from every treatment whilst avoiding foods and smells that caused reactions.
1.You have to treat all pathogen types at the same time, because of Pathogenic Synergy, Quorum Sensing and DNA exchange.

2. You have to induce an artificial immune system.

3. You have to recover the natural immune system using complex amino acids.

4. You have to dramatically reduce and treat inflammation that prevents detoxing and delivery of the treatment to all the tissues.

5 You have to take advantage of Synergy to it’s practical limits instead of just acknowledging it’s existence.

6 Dragons Blood is used in the protocol because it not only is the worlds most powerful antioxidant, it also blocks the chemical signal form the nerves to the brain that produces inflammation. Traditional antioxidants like resveratrol don’t do this , they treat inflammation passively by neutralizing the toxins that cause inflammation. Dragon’s blood does treat by the same was as Resveratrol , however it is unique in treating inflammation actively because it blocks that chemical signal. This activity of Dragon’s Blood allows the treatment to penetrate quicker and deeper into tissues.

1. I didn't at first but when I later did, I improved much more quickly
2. ok
3. Maf 314 was what did it for me. I don't think I would have recovered without reducing Nagalase.
4. I think this is critical, exercise also helped me with this.
6. Never used Dragons blood but Japanese Knotweed/resveratrol and Cat's claw work in a similar way, reducing inflammation by modulating the immune system and blocking cytokines.

Last edited:

chilove

Here is the link to the blog post where you can post comments and questions: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725

Following is a custom protocol for chronic Lyme disease called the “Synergy Protocol”. He wrote this detailed post for the the readers of this blog and would like to share his success and the principals behind the protocol with any who can benefit.

Treating the Pathogenic Synergy in Chronic Lyme Using Polypharmacy by Don Mau (pictured here).

This article is about taking advantage of a common theme in nature to make chronic Lyme treatment more effective, that theme is synergy. The protocol was designed for myself and adheres to a philosophy and anyone using the ideas presented should take their own health factors into consideration.

- See more at: http://lymediseaseresource.com/word...ic-lyme-disease-and-morgellons/#comment-10725

Awesome! I didn't catch the reference to the herbalist the first time I read it. I LOVE herbs and will purchase the ebooks. Let's stay in touch while we try this protocol!

chilove

I purchased the herbal anti viral book by Stephen Harrod Buhner and it is really interesting!