• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Turpentine for healing

Rand56

I happened to notice a youtube segment talking about the internal use of turpentine <note of caution below> as being a healer. I was curious to know more, so I perused the internet for more information. I found some interesting stuff. I did a search on turpentine here on PR, but there was only one mention of it in one post, only about one person possibly being chemically sensitive to it. So nothing from the search I found of it being talked about in the context of it being healing.

NOTE OF CAUTION: From what I've read the ONLY acceptable Turpentine that can be used is "100% pure gum spirits of turpentine". Apparently any other turpentine/paint thinner is petroleum based and NOT to be used. So if any of you decide to try it, make sure you buy the right stuff, do your own research,do this at your own risk, and to be on the safe side, start with even a lower amount that is being suggested by Dr. Jennifer Daniels in this podcast. It's a lengthy 3 hour interview, but it is broken down into 3 segments. If anyone wants to listen to it, and in order to save a bit of time, you can fast forward to about the 23:30 mark on the first segment because they don't really start talking about it to then....

http://oneradionetwork.com/health/d...edicine-and-candida-cleaner-november-14-2013/

You will also notice on that page there is a link to a pdf file about a University in France doing a review on turpentine.

The main focus in the podcast is in regards to candida, but she does mention other healing aspects of turpentine. She advocates that turpentine on white sugar cubes is the best way to take it. Has to do with the turpentine being more slowly released, and that the sugar is used as bait, so to speak, to draw the critters to it. The interviewer later asked if it's ok to just pour some granulated white sugar on a spoon then add the turpentine to it, and she said that is ok too if someone doesn't want to use the sugar cubes. She mentions that "her minimum effective dose" is a teaspoon of turpentine poured over her sugar cubes. For safety purposes it would probably be best for anyone to try "much less" than this to start to see what your tolerance is. As for me, I had a very bad reaction to the first time I tried Candex so I wanted to be ultra conservative. Today was my first go with this and I only did 2 drops < I put the turpentine in a dropper bottle> on my spoonful of sugar. Then chased it with water. No bad reactions at all. I'll try more drops next time.

From what I've read, Edgar Cayce also used turpentine as part of his healing regimens. Also, apparently in the old days, some people gave their kids some drops of turpentine on sugar cubes as a de-wormer.

Here is a thread on earthclinic talking about it....

http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/turpentine-kerosene.html

Very long thread on this forum site....

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...l-deadly-Candida-leave-healthy-bacteria-alone-

Also you can search curezone.com. Threads talking about it there too.

On that podcast that I posted above, the brand "Klean Strip - Pure Gum Spirits Turpentine" was mentioned as an acceptable brand. I bought a 32 oz can of this at Home Depot for $6.97. Obviously, this amount will last me a very long time.

Also I noticed that this site as a source was mentioned a lot. I didn't look to see if they ship internationally. They are based in Georgia in the US.......

www.diamondgforestproducts.com

REMINDER: ONLY 100% PURE GUM SPIRITS TURPENTINE SHOULD BE USED.

Rand

Rand56

Here's the youtube video I saw. This guy is a trip LOL. I've seen some of his other video's which I think are pretty interesting. He does warn to start off slow so don't try to be a hero and idiot by starting off doing the amount he does. He also does mention that "at a minimum" you should not do this within 2 hours of any prescription drugs one may be taking....

Rand56

Here's another informative podcast from Dr. Daniels. It's an hour long.

Just a few points from the podcast:

She has used turpentine herself for 25 years.
She has used this on some of her patients for various conditions.
Said it's been used medicinally since 1829.
Make sure you use something to keep your bowels clear.
Make sure you stay well hydrated.
She only recommends taking an effective dose <she goes into dosing> twice a week.
She answers some questions

http://vitalitycapsules.com/turpentine

Rand56

Here I thought I couldn't be shocked by another "cure", but I'm speechless.

I would think there would be better ways to cure your ails you, than turpentine.

IMHO, this guys advice is dangerously lethal.

hi barb

I "do" understand your concern over his video. He does mention to start off with lower amounts and I wanted to make sure and put that in the text that I wrote. Also, I did not want to start off the thread with his video. You will notice on that youtube page he has many followers. I've seen some of his other video's and I'm interested in trying his blended concoction of grapefruit, onion, and ginger for circulation. Gonna buy me my own Christmas present and get a nutrabullet.

Rand

Here's the youtube video I saw. This guy is a trip LOL. I've seen some of his other video's which I think are pretty interesting. He does warn to start off slow so don't try to be a hero and idiot by starting off doing the amount he does. He also does mention that "at a minimum" you should not do this within 2 hours of any prescription drugs one may be taking....

This person looks quite ill an appears to be slurring his words -- side-effect of turpentine? I would assume being a poison, it would be very hard on the liver. This guy is making impossible medical claims and some very dangerous claims. It doesn't seem to have a clear understanding of how the body works. I can conclusively say, I will not put my precarious health at risk by taking turpentine.

Rand56

What's that old saying? "The poison is in the dose"? If anyone has listened to Dr. Daniels podcasts, she is careful about stating what the lethal dose is. Even too much water can kill ya.

What's that old saying? "The poison is in the dose"? If anyone has listened to Dr. Daniels podcasts, she is careful about stating what the lethal dose is. Even too much water can kill ya.

But water isn't a poison to start with. Dr Daniels -- I did a bit of research on her. I can say I am not impressed but I didn't get a chance to really peruse the website where she sells supplements because you have to give out your email address to even enter -- this is something I don't do as a rule.

Rand56

But water isn't a poison to start with. Dr Daniels -- I did a bit of research on her. I can say I am not impressed but I didn't get a chance to really peruse the website where she sells supplements because you have to give out your email address to even enter -- this is something I don't do as a rule.

hi Kina

I haven't perused around on her website. I just wanted to post that link of her other one hour podcast just to provide more info about it in case anyone wanted to find out more about it.

I've listened to both of those podcasts I've posted. Have you? Atleast to me, she seems very intelligent and well versed on what she is talking about. Do I know everything about her? No I don't. Do I have to know everything about her? No I don't. She seems authentic to me, and even though she does sell her Vitality capsules, I get the impression she is not the type who just says crap just to push her product. In fact, she even points out alternative means to clean one's colon. Atleast she isn't selling a turpentine product. Anyone can find that on their own on the cheap.

As I said in my opening post..do your own research, and do anything at one's own risk. I'm just a messenger. I stumbled upon this info and thought it was fascinating enough to share. I'm no authority on the subject.

hi Kina

I haven't perused around on her website. I just wanted to post that link of her other one hour podcast just to provide more info about it in case anyone wanted to find out more about it.

I've listened to both of those podcasts I've posted. Have you? Atleast to me, she seems very intelligent and well versed on what she is talking about. Do I know everything about her? No I don't. Do I have to know everything about her? No I don't. She seems authentic to me, and even though she does sell her Vitality capsules, I get the impression she is not the type who just says crap just to push her product. In fact, she even points out alternative means to clean one's colon. Atleast she isn't selling a turpentine product. Anyone can find that on their own on the cheap.

As I said in my opening post..do your own research, and do anything at one's own risk. I'm just a messenger. I stumbled upon this info and thought it was fascinating enough to share. I'm no authority on the subject.

I don't have time to listen to the podcasts. I suppose I would find the time if I had any interest in drinking turpentine but I absolutely don't. It's a poison and it's very easy to appear intelligent and well-versed on any subject to sell an idea. I am looking at it from the point of view of my own health and there is no way I would consider taking in a substance like turpentine. And really, this kind of thing really disturbs me related to the dangers of ingesting it. For goodness sake, it strips paint. There are much safer ways of clearing pathogens from the body.

Rand56

Just food for thought. Do you think Edgar Cayce was careful enough not to kill his patients with turpentine? Do you think this lady in this video wanted to kill this guy on the table? Of course I don't see this guy moving at all. Maybe he is already dead <LOL sorry couldn't resist>

Rand56

I don't have time to listen to the podcasts. I suppose I would find the time if I had any interest in drinking turpentine but I absolutely don't. It's a poison and it's very easy to appear intelligent and well-versed on any subject to sell an idea. I am looking at it from the point of view of my own health and there is no way I would consider taking in a substance like turpentine. And really, this kind of thing really disturbs me related to the dangers of ingesting it. For goodness sake, it strips paint. There are much safer ways of clearing pathogens from the body.

That's great Kina. Then don't try it. No one has said you should :)

leela

Chemo and radiation are two examples of poisons-as-cure. No that I would want to do either of those, but still, they are modern accepted models of taking poison to cure illness.

While I am too MCS to want to use any solvents in any dose, this is a very old folk remedy that got people out of some bad spots when they had nothing else to turn to. It was overused/misused, and fell into disrepute--particularly as other alternatives came into play.

On the other hand, homeopathic turpentine, therebenthina, (this is the vibration only, not the substance itself) was extremely helpful to me in reducing polyuria.

Hip

Here's the youtube video I saw. This guy is a trip.[/media]

Anyone whose message is to refuse the drugs prescribed by your doctor, and take turpentine instead, doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

This page says the fatal dose of turpentine in children is just 15 ml, and that benign skin tumors have been observed in animal models following chronic topical application of turpentine.

It also mentions that turpentine is experimentally injected into animals to create an inflammatory state, so in this respect, the increased inflammation provokes by turpentine may conceivably make ME/CFS symptoms worse.

The chemical ingredients of turpentine are: alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, with lesser amounts of carene, camphene, dipentene, and terpinolene.

Alpha-pinene and beta-pinene have some antimicrobial action. Alpha-pinene is a main component of tea tree essential oil. It would be much better I think to use tea tree oil as a source of alpha-pinene than turpentine.

But note that essential oil doses are measured in drops, and there is controversy over taking essential oils internally.

Camphene reduces plasma cholesterol and triglycerides. 1

Dipenteneis the racemic version of limonene (comprises D- and L-limonene). D-limonene is being investigated as a cancer treatment, and also treats heartburn and GERD. 1

Wikipedia says: "Turpentine and petroleum distillates such as coal oil and kerosene have been used medicinally since ancient times, as topical and sometimes internal home remedies. Topically it has been used for abrasions and wounds, as a treatment for lice, and when mixed with animal fat it has been used as a chest rub, or inhaler for nasal and throat ailments. Many modern chest rubs, such as the Vicks variety, still contain turpentine in their formulations."

Last edited:

Rand56

@Hip

Do you happen to know what kind of doses are used on those experimental animals to create an inflammatory state?

Reason I ask, is because from the review I posted above, it says it is anti-inflammatory.

alex3619

On tea tree oil, I know of one case of one doctor trying it internally as a test. It induced gastro-intestinal problems. Turpentine is likely to be worse. Tea tree oil is however fine for women to use topically, though men should be cautious as it has estrogen-like properties.

Turpentine as a medical treatment has in almost every case I ever read till now been used topically, and can create major skin issues.