• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC 1/2 day meeting today - Dec. 11

Nielk

The meeting is starting at noon:

Revised agenda for today’s CFSAC webinar:

Revised Agenda (Eastern Standard Time)

12:00PM Call to order, Roll Call (including Introduction of new members, Housekeeping, Welcome, Opening remarks)

12:20PM IOM Report - Nancy Lee (including ~20min. for committee questions)

12:50PM Agency Updates

1:10PM Public Comments (please limit to 3 min. each)

1:45PM Break

2:00PM Liaison representatives - reports

2:15PM Education and Patient Care subcommittee and CDC website Committee report

2:30PM ME/CFS Researcher and Clinician-Scientist Recruitment Workgroup Report

3:00PM Education for ME/CFS Working Group Report

3:30PM Committee discussion re: working groups and any recommendations

4:55PM Closing remarks

5:00PM Adjourn

The CFSAC support team hopes to schedule another webinar (either 1-day or 2-day, perhaps in February) before the next scheduled face-to-face CFSAC meeting in May or June 2014 that would specifically focus the committee discussions and recommendations about the workgroup efforts.

Nielk

I don't think anyone has sound. people are posting on fb that they have no sound.

waiting

I just contacted Seamon Corporation -- at both their telephone # (got someone's voicemail, so left a message) and sent an email:

I got the contact info as below from Denise L-M's email list...
"If you have technical difficulty during the webinar, please contact Seamon Corporation at 301-658-3442 or CFSACDec2013@seamoncorporation.com."

waiting

Oh boy, are we all brain-fogged or what? Seamon Corporation just called me back-- we have to dial in to hear the audio portion (they've gone waaay back, technologically!)
Access to the Audio Portion of the Webinar:
Conference Call Number: 877-918-6627 | Passcode: 4429527

edit: this works, I can now have audio on my phone. They're recording it, so hopefully it will all be available later, since we've all missed the last 18 minutes.

Thanks Nielk...glad of the forums to tell me it's not just me...I'd configured audio settings in order to record system sound to help me (maybe) write an article on this, so I thought it was something I'd done.

My guess is that this is because they've configured it for those of us who are listening in to not be able to speak - and they've switched off audio output for us all instead of just switching off audio input.

Oh boy, are we all brain-fogged or what? Seamon Corporation just called me back-- we have to dial in to hear the audio portion (they've gone waaay back, technologically!)
Access to the Audio Portion of the Webinar:
Conference Call Number: 877-918-6627 | Passcode: 4429527

edit: this works, I can now have audio on my phone. They're recording it, so hopefully it will all be available later, since we've all missed the last 18 minutes.
Hmph. That's no help for me here in the UK, 5 hours on the phone to the US would cost a bit. This was never explained. I don't think it's us that's brain-fogged on this occasion...

The recording doesn't normally go up until a month or two after the meeting.

waiting

Hmph. That's no help for me here in the UK, 5 hours on the phone to the US would cost a bit. This was never explained. I don't think it's us that's brain-fogged on this occasion...

The recording doesn't normally go up until a month or two after the meeting.

I've missed a lot of it, but right now, Dr. Lee is defending/explaining the IOM contract -- Eileen Holderman and Dr. Mary Ann Fletcher are stating their disapproval of the IOM contract. Dr. Lee said the contract cannot be cancelled, that it's a "done deal".

Nielk

Q- why done IOM contract sterted in secrecy?
A - ..........................................it's complicated.........................