• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PVC's anyone?

Just found out that the sudden breathlessness ive been having is due to PVC's. I didn't notice them as much but recently they have increased. I went from have one every few months (that i noticed anyways) to having several a day.

This common for people in our situation? Im seeing a cardiologist on monday but i thought i would just stop by to see if anyone else has this issue.

*GG*

Just found out that the sudden breathlessness ive been having is due to PVC's. I didn't notice them as much but recently they have increased. I went from have one every few months (that i noticed anyways) to having several a day.

This common for people in our situation? Im seeing a cardiologist on monday but i thought i would just stop by to see if anyone else has this issue.

Ah, what is PVC? Besides poly vinyl chloride?

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sorry, should have clarified. Premature ventricular contractions. Basically, as i understand it, on part of my heart doesn't beat in sync with the others.

Yes, it is common, but it is good that you are having it checked out by a cardio.

Sushi

Forbin

I've had the occasional PVC, which I think is pretty common, but I've also had a couple of "spells" of PVC's which lasted days or weeks. At times, it seemed like every other heartbeat was a PVC (though they didn't make me breathless). This was about a decade ago.

So, I've had a couple of 24 hr Holter monitor tests in the past and my cardiologist pretty much said that I was OK and that the PVC's were probably just a passing phase. His nurse likened it to having a temporary "rash" on one's heart, though I don't know exactly how metaphorical that description was.

You're wise to get it checked out, though. Hopefully, it will be nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

caledonia

Hopefully, but i take a multivitamin daily which has magnesium. We'll see.

There is magnesium and there is magnesium. Also the dose may need to be raised. Magnesium oxide is cheap and just about useless because it doesn't absorb well. Mag taurate, citrate, glycinate, etc. are better choices.

As an example, I'm using magnesium glycinate powder dissolved in water. I take it four times a day, with the bulk of it at bedtime, otherwise I get twitchy feet that wake up all night long. Current dose, about 500mg, although I took a huge amount, 1800mg, for many years. As my adrenals have improved from methylation, I don't need as much.

There is magnesium and there is magnesium. Also the dose may need to be raised. Magnesium oxide is cheap and just about useless because it doesn't absorb well. Mag taurate, citrate, glycinate, etc. are better choices.

As an example, I'm using magnesium glycinate powder dissolved in water. I take it four times a day, with the bulk of it at bedtime, otherwise I get twitchy feet that wake up all night long. Current dose, about 500mg, although I took a huge amount, 1800mg, for many years. As my adrenals have improved from methylation, I don't need as much.

Really? I had no idea there was a difference like that, thank you. If it doesn't mess with any of the other meds i take (Lunesta, levo, and for the short term here valium) maybe it would help, ill definitely ask my cardiologist about it. Thank you.