• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC Comment Due November 29th!!

jspotila

In order to have your comments be part of the official public record, you must submit them by November 29th!!

There are a number of reasons why it's important to comment on the record, and I discuss that on my blog today.

I also include instructions for commenting, and have been answering questions about how the process works.

http://www.occupycfs.com/2013/11/22/on-the-record/

Andrew

I don't understand web connect software. Do I need to have that on my computer, or is it simply an interface I see when I visit a link?

JohnnyD

It is a small software program that you will need to install on your computer ahead of time and used to connect you to the webinar conference. Andre, where did you see a reference to WebConnect software?

justinreilly

I got my written comments in. I was going to do a video, but ran out of energy half way through. I didn't want to kill myself for something they probably wouldn't show. Its ridiculous they require you to submit your video before they even let you know whether it will be shown. The videos are not part of the record (unlike written comments) it seems, so if you are not picked, all your effort vanishes into oblivion.

Im sure they pick them based on how they make HHS look, what other rational reason would they have for requiring a link to the vid well before they choose them. and mine would not make them happy. They need to change this practice (and also allow vids as a matter of course, which they don't- this was only the second time they did).

Andrew

They were supposed to contact us no later than yesterday. Would someone who is signed up (other than me) contact cfsac@hhs.gov about this. I'd do it were it not for the fact that I've already contacted them three times about other matters, and I don't want to seem like a pest. Also it would be good for them to hear from other people who are sitting around waiting for Seamon to get their act together. And if you do contact them, immediatly is the best time.

https://www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013/publicComments.cfm

Nielk

They were supposed to contact us no later than yesterday. Would someone who is signed up (other than me) contact cfsac@hhs.gov about this. I'd do it were it not for the fact that I've already contacted them three times about other matters, and I don't want to seem like a pest. Also it would be good for them to hear from other people who are sitting around waiting for Seamon to get their act together. And if you do contact them, immediatly is the best time.

https://www.blsmeetings.net/CFSACdec2013/publicComments.cfm
I just emailed them.

Nielk

Please post as soon as you hear back

I have not heard back from them, but have just read on Fb from an advocate that if we did not hear back yet, it means we have not been given a slot.:thumbdown:

jspotila

VERY IMPORTANT: Two of us who registered for written and phone comments have just been told that we only showed up in the system as requesting written comments.

It is possible that there is a glitch in the system (shocking). PLEASE PLEASE if you have not gotten a slot yet, call Anita Allen at 301-658-3442 and ask. Be polite. It's not her personal fault. But please ask for her to check whether your request for a phone slot was reflected in the system. If this has happened to anyone else, we can show that it's a problem with registration.

I know this is a pain, and none of us have energy for it. But it's important. So please call and find out, then if you could post that result in the thread I can keep track. I'll go to Nancy Lee tomorrow if we can show it's a problem with registration.

Nielk

VERY IMPORTANT: Two of us who registered for written and phone comments have just been told that we only showed up in the system as requesting written comments.

It is possible that there is a glitch in the system (shocking). PLEASE PLEASE if you have not gotten a slot yet, call Anita Allen at 301-658-3442 and ask. Be polite. It's not her personal fault. But please ask for her to check whether your request for a phone slot was reflected in the system. If this has happened to anyone else, we can show that it's a problem with registration.

I know this is a pain, and none of us have energy for it. But it's important. So please call and find out, then if you could post that result in the thread I can keep track. I'll go to Nancy Lee tomorrow if we can show it's a problem with registration.

I just called and left a message.

jspotila

There were several of us who complained after being told that we had only registered for written comments. I am slightly surprised to report that we have now been assigned slots. It's not clear where the extra slots came from, but at least they are honoring our registrations instead of claiming system error.

Andrew

I just noticed that I was given a slot the second day, despite signing when enrollment opened. I was hoping to get the first day because that's when Nancy Lee will be there talking about IOM. As it happens, IOM is my topic, and I have some very pointed remarks to make. And maybe she will still be there when the comments happen.

I think I'll call on Monday and try to get my day changed. In the past, I've noticed they always seem to have extra time anyway. Thoughts?

Nielk

There were several of us who complained after being told that we had only registered for written comments. I am slightly surprised to report that we have now been assigned slots. It's not clear where the extra slots came from, but at least they are honoring our registrations instead of claiming system error.

I did not get a time slot.