• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do people respond to things that fight Inflamation? Natural and pharmaceutical

Valentijn

Anyone got any results from trying these?
I use 2-3 grams of fish oil per day. No side effects, and it keeps a really nasty headache away. I tried a liposomal turmeric or something that is supposed to help, but it didn't make a difference regarding the mostly constant swelling I have in my limbs.

xchocoholic

I definitely feel better on Advil or Aleve but they appear to be hard on my digestive tract. I'm a celiac so I'm assuming these are a bad idea.

Much if not all of my inflammation comes from what I eat or supplements I take but due to fatigue avoiding these is too much work sometimes. Not to mention how long the list is. : 0

Antihistamines help with certain reactions but make me too drowsy. Even the non drowsy ones. I use a low dose of childrens liquid or tablet when needed. You may want to try these.

Do you know if anti inflammatories available in patches, skin creams or injections thus avoiding the digestive tract ? Or would these make their way into the digestive tract too ?

tx .. x