• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help - I am bit scared

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
So two days ago I doubled the Propolis dose, took 6 pills and same yesterday. Today three. Been taking too glutathione reduced and melatonin sublingual. I was doing "cool" (chronically ill cool, which means not agonizing in bed cursing the creator) until today that I drank my usual 400 mgs of raw juice (this time celery) upon waking up I think. For a few hours I was doing fine, and even got to the roof to take some sun until cholinergic urticaria said sun time was over.

Then a slight headache started to creep in which ignored. What happened some hours later is that I was in bed moaning and had nausea, stomach upset and malaise. After around 4 hours of suffering my body finally reacted and I vomited in the WC. Very relieving I tell you.

Got so well again (still feeling like I had the flu) that I managed to watch some TV with my brother and father. But I noticed my legs, especially ankles and knees were hurting and I started to get a LOT of cold. Now is 1:11 AM and I cant sleep because my legs hurt and I don´t seem to be able to get warm despite of numerous clothing and sheets. This feeling is especially present in the legs.

I don´t know. I feel like I have caught something or awakened some chronic infection and it is suppressing my thyroid even further. I don´t know if I will end in the ER...

Any ideas WTF is going with me? I haven´t eaten much today as the nausea took over after breakfast. I know the celery juice gave me nausea but I´ve taken it in the past and I was OK. I want to eat but most probably would make my GI upset.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/causes-of-feeling-cold-all-the-time

WoolPippi

So how are you this morning? Probably miserable :s

It sounds like 'an episode'. With the cold being a result from the food+hives+vomiting

you ate something that did not agree -for whatever reason and no matter that you had it succesfully in the past-, your body took a long time to react ('cause your ME-ass needs its sweet time to make up its mind) and then chucked it all out.

This was all such a shock to the system it went into very low gear, not interested in keeping your legs warm anymore. It felt like a cold from the bones within? Sounds like too low cortisol and too low thyroid while body needed cortisol to soothe the alarms.

When feeling so cold, only exterior warmth will do: hot water bottle; putting your feet in a bowl of warm water; heating pad; (drinking warm water); wear a hat + wristwarmers in bed; try to relax muscles and blood vessels to facilitate flow; stretch and yawn to get rid of waste metabolites. Goal is to raise your core temp and have body relax and do its thing.

Edit I put in another paragraph break just for you, Minkeygirl

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
In fact it felt like cold in the bones, pretty worrying for me. I´ve never had this symptom. I know of an Addison woman that I have on facebook and she told me she has this problem.

I fell pretty good actually, I was feeling sooo shitty yesterday that I am grateful for having slight hangover today. This is what I did, first I took salt+sugar in hot water. After that I stopped feeling like I was going to faint. Then I went to the room of my brother (2 AM or so) and took his heater. When I arrived to my bedroom I witnessed another heater
which had been there for weeks. Classic brainfog moment.

Then I switched on the heater and went to sleep with 3 trousers and 4 layers of clothing in my chest. Like a charm, the heat coming from the machine quickly warmed me and to my amazement my legs stopped hurting alltogether. So I fell asleep.

But I was awake one hour later and had to escape from the room quickly and remove most of my clothing as the excessive heat was giving me urticaria. Another night of suffering, but I have the hope that the things I am trying will help my adrenals and then thyroid. These hives are no doubt tied to these things.

Valentijn

@Beyond - layers of clothes might make it harder for you to warm up. If you're anything like me, then the warming has to come from an external source when I'm cold like that. More layers just means it's harder for the warmth to get to my skin.

bel canto

@Beyond - I don't know if this applies to you, but when I have a fever, I get very chilled and have severe body aches, particularly in my legs. Even a low-grade fever will do this.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
In fact it felt like cold in the bones, pretty worrying for me. I´ve never had this symptom. I know of an Addison woman that I have on facebook and she told me she has this problem.

I fell pretty good actually, I was feeling sooo shitty yesterday that I am grateful for having slight hangover today. This is what I did, first I took salt+sugar in hot water. After that I stopped feeling like I was going to faint. Then I went to the room of my brother (2 AM or so) and took his heater. When I arrived to my bedroom I witnessed another heater
which had been there for weeks. Classic brainfog moment.

Then I switched on the heater and went to sleep with 3 trousers and 4 layers of clothing in my chest. Like a charm, the heat coming from the machine quickly warmed me and to my amazement my legs stopped hurting alltogether. So I fell asleep.

But I was awake one hour later and had to escape from the room quickly and remove most of my clothing as the excessive heat was giving me urticaria. Another night of suffering, but I have the hope that the things I am trying will help my adrenals and then thyroid. These hives are no doubt tied to these things.

Hope you're feeling better. I haven't had ankle pain or hives, but I have sometimes had a headache after sitting in the sun even if it was only for 10 minutes, and have tended to feel generally hay-fevery and a bit nauseous. I have had the deep-cold feeling on occasions too, when like others have said I have found a hot water bottle most effective.

Wayne

Beyond, I wonder if the glutathione detoxed the area around your liver/gb and caused some kind of shift. I just ran across the following, and thought I'd share it for you to consider:
What happens when gallstones leave the gallbladder and get into the bile duct? If the flow of bile is blocked, the potential for a serious and severe infection known as Cholangitis (infection of the bile ducts) is very high. This problem can be life-threatening and should be treated immediately.

Symptoms include: shaking chills, high fever, severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and jaundice (turning yellow).
I'm preparing my body for some deep liver/gb cleansing, and woke up a couple nights ago from quite a sharp pain in by gb area. Fortunately, the pain passed just as quickly, and I was asleep again shortly afterwards. I've never had this happen before, but feel quite certain my preparation of loosening up and softening liver/gb stones was responsible for one of them coming loose and passing through the bile duct.

I hope you're on the mend. :)

Last edited:

merylg

In the last two weeks my hubby (basically healthy & fit person) has been struck down with a severe gastric bug.
He's OK now. We did some travelling that involved 2 short plane flights.

About a week later, & after getting home, I came down with a flu that has really knocked me, as I'm already battling chronic Mycoplasma (am on long term treatment for that).

Take care.

Hip

So two days ago I doubled the Propolis dose, took 6 pills and same yesterday.
Propolis is actually a potent antibacterial against Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, so if you have Staphylococcus in your gut (many people do), then perhaps you had some sort of die off reaction?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Propolis is actually a potent antibacterial against Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, so if you have Staphylococcus in your gut (many people do), then perhaps you had some sort of die off reaction?
I know, it can be. I am still recovering from whatever it was. I feel like the celery juice was to blame but then why I took it for months without this very violent reaction? Maybe as WoolPipi said it took that long for my body to decide to react. Ah by the way! The morning after all of this fun my urine was orange and it smelt strong.

@Wayne I haven´t discarded that the glutathione produced a detox reaction. I think it wasn´t the gallstones though, I didnt have real pain just very uncomfortable with my stomach. If it was a detox reaction it would be... good? Honestly I prefer to feel good, I haven´t seen ever that stuff of "feeling better after herxing/detoxing" I just have detoxed or herxed and then recovered to just being sick at the baseline. Coffee enemas could be different but they aggravated my intestine inflammation.

Last edited: