• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Earthing....Your experience....

Also, anyone who has used a sheet, do the "earthing threads" last through many washings? I am looking for the best buy (sheet vs. pad) in terms of money spent.

moblet

Unknown Quantity
Sushi, the half sheet is intended to be placed across rather than along a double/queen/king bed (i.e. perpendicular to your body), where it only provides earthing to your legs. I started out with one of these and found it was just long enough to use along a single, double or queen bed and could be semi-tucked in at the ends, enough that it didn't twist up overnight. That said, I don't move much while asleep. I've since loaned it to a friend who's using it the same way on her queen bed and she's not reported any problem.

I now sleep in a sleeping bag and the half sheet becomes a twisted mess there. I bought a recovery bag instead, which is effectively an earthed cotton sleeping bag.

One thing I have found is that the more of my skin contacts the sheet, the stronger the effect, so I'd recommend trying to use the half sheet along the bed if you can keep it in place.

dunningblue, I have yet to wear out an earthing sheet, although the longest continuous use I've given one is only one year (my recovery bag, still in use). There is very little visible wear and I can still very much feel the earthing working when I use it, so I haven't bothered trying to test it. The sheets I have bought were well made with quality materials, and they would want to be at $360 for the recovery bag. In terms of longevity of the metal I would be more concerned about the corrosive effect of sweat than wear from washing.

Abha

Abha
Hi all,

I received an email letter from Dr Mercola's site re how Grounding/Earthing thins dangerously thick blood and fights inflammation and disease(see link below).I know that in my own case going back as far as 1982 that i had very thick blood then and I'm sure it is still much the same.Hope you find this useful.

Grounding Helps Thin Dangerously Thick Blood and Fights Inflammation and Disease

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130804

My 2 cents worth ( its actually a bit long but gets to the point )
Spent a while playing with earthing .......
Some things i found out

In a lot of countries the neutral phase of the incoming power of the transformer is connected directly to your house earth - this is normally then connected to the ground via an external earth spike at your house - so you are actually connecting to the transformer in your road !( check this out - each country is different )

The state of earth spikes i have seen are poor - they are normally dry ( not good conduction ) or covered over by concrete - so dry again - or simply corroded to the point where the earth spike had disintegrated - no connection . The ground around the earth spike needs to be moist and sometimes needs wetting from time to time to work ( if you are not sure about your home's earth spike get a qualified electrician to check it out - its actually quite a critical part of your house safety system )

I have also looked at the waveform of the earth in the socket on the wall and generally its a very dirty ac wave - enough power to drive a small LED connected between the house socket earth and my grounding rod ( which is not the same as the house earth spike )

Be cautious about connecting to the earth in your power socket it is bad for your health ! I tried it and felt worse - my suggestion stay away from house earth's ( wall socket ) for a host of reasons .

I started with a separate grounding rod - a simple piece of stainless steel rod 6mm in dia and about 400 mm long ( almost anything stainless would do - even an old spoon just under the ground ) - try to keep it as far away from your house earth spike - be aware that its actually quite hard because the houses around you have earth spikes too .

If you have a big tree try to get the spike closer to the roots ( about a 1 meter )
You will have a much better chance of getting the benefits of using an earthing system

I used the EX-Static fabric from Less EMF Cat 1209 - http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html#1209
We simply bought some 1.6 meter wide cloth and sewed it to an existing sheet ( less EMF sells connectors too ) then used a fairly thick wire out of the bedroom window to the grounding rod - i put a small fuse holder in the line as well - BE CAUTIOUS IN STORM CONDITIONS MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE EARTHING SHEET !

Don't take my word for it but do some research

Check out Steven Magee's you channel -

Don't give up - it works - you just have to be careful and learn how best to get results !

Wobbly

Ayaju

Holy Moly, Wobbly! Thank you for this! I just bought two earthing mats. We've only been using them for a short while, but now I will reconsider! Actually, now I will send them back for a refund! Better safe than sorry. To be even more concise, I'll wait for my engineer ex-husband-to-be to give me his opinion!

I'll stick with my Structured Water that is helping EVERYthing!

Judy

Dufresne

almost there...
I've been experimenting with earthing and I'm finding it's not doing good things for me, though I have to admit this may be part of a heeling crisis. I haven't read through all the posts here because of serious limitations in my reading ability. Hopefully anyone having negative experiences let me know.

Sleeping connected to the earth has had the effect of making it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Secondly it seems to be worsening my inflammation. I recently broke my index finger and have had swelling there for the last three months. After sleeping grounded to my electrical outlet I can't even make a fist. It's quite bizarre. I never would have imagined this would be bad for me. I've noticed my borrelia likes places I've injured in the past and I suppose it's possible the earthing has awakened my immune system, causing it to go after bacteria in affected regions including my finger but it's hard to say. Also it could be that the grounding wires in the house are contaminated with EMF's. I'll have to experiment with and without it in the future as well as using a direct line planted outside my window to see if I can't figure it out.

leela

I had a half-sheet but it stopped conducting after about a year. I didn't wash it overly frequently, and I was careful not to put my legs on it after I had applied lotion or anything. I wrote to the company but they basically said it must be my fault.
For the price, I expected it to last longer than one year.

*GG*

I had a half-sheet but it stopped conducting after about a year. I didn't wash it overly frequently, and I was careful not to put my legs on it after I had applied lotion or anything. I wrote to the company but they basically said it must be my fault.

For the price, I expected it to last longer than one year.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on this because people have experienced a need for less sleep, which would be nice, 10 hours or so really cuts into a day!

GG

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
For some months (2 or so) earthing (via the earthing plug in my house with the GIO) made me fall asleep at 11:30 PM or so. Great improvement for me. Since then it does nothing, stopped working. Now I take melatonin sublingual which does the same more reliably and gives me amazing dreams.

I think I will stop using the earthing device, I don´t want to be connected to the plug of my house anymore. @wobbly what are the benefits you sense from earthing directly to the actual Earth?

My guess (its anecdotal ) – that there is a connection between the earth pulse ( Schumann wave about 8.3 Hz )
http://www.glcoherence.org/monitoring-system/earth-rhythms.html
and the body’s Cortisol levels – some test were done on quite a few individuals which harmonised the amplitude and phase of the Cortisol levels .
This PDF gives some insight
www.groundology.fr/research/cortisol_study_2004.pdf

Its complex and interconnected – I think you just need to use your own mind and body to sense if you personally feel better . I have found that i sleep better although i still wake up but i am able to easily go back to sleep

But all this goes with a caveat – you need to be sure that your earthing ground is not being effected by the neutral of the mains being dumped into the ground by all the houses around you and your home’s own earth spike .

All I can suggest is what I have tried - I am by no means any kind of expert on this stuff – just on my own learning path

Try to place your earthing rod as far away as possible from your house earth spike and the other house earth spikes around you
If you can get closer to an old tree I think its better – if its growing there is a good possibility it’s a good connection to the earth
Try to be connected when Cortisol levels peak ( 6-8 in the mornings )
If possible try to measure your blood pressure and heart rate when you wake to see if you see any changes

A caution - If you do drive something into the ground always check ( with a multimeter ) that you have not come in contact an electrical wire or a water pipe as sometimes these are connected to the house earth spike

Conventional theory says all this sort of stuff is nonsense – but people still use Dowsers to find water – and the medical companies spend absolute fortunes to be even 1 or 2 % better than the Placebo effect - at the end of the day you have to make up your own mind

dannybex

Has anyone looked into the Earth Calm products? They apparently work differently than EMF 'blocking' devices or grounding/earthing pads.

"EarthCalm’s Living Earth Technology enhances your connection to the earth’s electromagnetic field—a connection essential for your optimal health. This connection or grounding dissipates the unnatural and biologically-meaningless currents that enter your body through man-made EMFs."

and…

"EarthCalm products work differently from other products that offer EMF protection through blocking EMFs. Our products do not affect the EMFs themselves. Instead, they affect your body, in that they serve to ground you into the electromagnetic field of the earth. The hazardous impact of the EMFs is thus transferred or dissipated into the ground of the earth, and the resonance between the electrical system and your body’s nervous system is broken."
???

http://www.earthcalm.com/earthcalm-technology-faq/#answer_3

Dufresne

almost there...
Has anyone looked into the Earth Calm products? They apparently work differently than EMF 'blocking' devices or grounding/earthing pads.

"EarthCalm’s Living Earth Technology enhances your connection to the earth’s electromagnetic field—a connection essential for your optimal health. This connection or grounding dissipates the unnatural and biologically-meaningless currents that enter your body through man-made EMFs."

and…

"EarthCalm products work differently from other products that offer EMF protection through blocking EMFs. Our products do not affect the EMFs themselves. Instead, they affect your body, in that they serve to ground you into the electromagnetic field of the earth. The hazardous impact of the EMFs is thus transferred or dissipated into the ground of the earth, and the resonance between the electrical system and your body’s nervous system is broken."
???

http://www.earthcalm.com/earthcalm-technology-faq/#answer_3

Yeah I tried both the one you plug into the wall as well as the pendent. I herxed from the plug in as my system adjusted, so that was promising. They offer a money back guarantee that in my experience they honored. I ended up keeping the pendent.

That said I've never found a pendent that counters my EMF sensitivity. Some people over at the Esens yahoo group were using SpringLife polarizers. I have one of those too. I can certainly feel the energy of these things but they don't do anything for EMF sensitivity, in my opinion.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Yeah I´ve seen the studies, at least three of them, it increases and normalizes cortisol output. Earthing is not a scam, however you need to connect to the earth and not a plug and thats quite hard living in a 4th floor flat.

I have a question for this forum...

Does earthing via earthing products (mats, pads, throws, sheets, etc..) provide you with the earth's Schumann Resonance? (7.83 Hz)

In other words, yes, we're getting the earth's electrons through the earthing mats and things, but are we getting the earth's electromagnetic field as well through them?

My hunch is that, yes, we must be... because any wire connected to a power source emits that source's EM field.

Thus, the wire we connect to the earth must emit the earth's field too right?

Your thoughts?

I have a question for this forum...

Does earthing via earthing products (mats, pads, throws, sheets, etc..) provide you with the earth's Schumann Resonance? (7.83 Hz)

In other words, yes, we're getting the earth's electrons through the earthing mats and things, but are we getting the earth's electromagnetic field as well through them?

My hunch is that, yes, we must be... because any wire connected to a power source emits that source's EM field.

Thus, the wire we connect to the earth must emit the earth's field too right?

Your thoughts?

Hi, Cozzy
My (very rudimentary) understanding is that the Schumann Resonance is much more global - i.e., it's the resonance that happens between the earth's surface and the ionosphere - so we can't NOT be immersed in the S.R. and the rest of the earth's magnetic field - we live in the midst of it all the time.
The earthing products really (again, to the best of my understanding) just channel the abundance of negative ions, i.e., free electrons, that are at the earth's surface to us, since we don't live in direct contact with it all the time - and those help to neutralize free radicals that we CFIDS-ers have an abundance of (d/t our redox-buffering deficits), and thereby counter inflammation and all the negative effects that has on us.
My 2 cents!

brenda

I have a single size one for sale. It has been used for about 6 months at the bottom of the bed under a sheet in a smokeless pet free home washed every month during use and is washed ready to post. I live on the second floor in a block of flats and suspect 'dirty electricity' but did have an improvement at first. If I could, I would have earthed it outside £25 plus postage.

Hi, Cozzy
My (very rudimentary) understanding is that the Schumann Resonance is much more global - i.e., it's the resonance that happens between the earth's surface and the ionosphere - so we can't NOT be immersed in the S.R. and the rest of the earth's magnetic field - we live in the midst of it all the time.

Interesting! True too... however, the sad thing is we live in a soup of EMF's from cell phones to baby monitors to electrical wiring in our homes to compact fluorescent light bulbs! and everything in between.

That's why I like the practice of earthing because you definitely get an unlimited supply of negatively charged free electrons from the earth's electrical potential.

Thereby putting out the fires of inflammation in our bodies caused by free radicals gone wild!

But point being, without earthing, we are unconnected and unplugged from earth and so susceptible and bombarded by the EMF soup that it just drowns out the Schumann Resonance 7.83Hz!

I still wonder if my earthing mat or earthing pads don't have their own electro-magnetic field (however slight) that resonates at 7.83Hz...

Nevertheless, earthing is good :)