• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EMF/RF Meter Wanted UK

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@golden
I'm finding this quite interesting but unfortunately go a lot of other stuff going on at the moment which I need to address, but I will come back to it and look at the links. I suffer terrible from getting shocks from cars, metal bits in shops, lift buttons, shopping trolleys etc. they can be big shocks as well making me shout,

I mean have you ever seen anyone at a supermarket jumping back from a trolley shouting aahhhhh? !!!!!!!!

peggy-sue

There are only 3 times I get static shocks.
Getting out of the car. I always touch the car's metal body while getting out, to prevent it.
It's now automatic for me.:thumbsup:

Wearing my Crocs in the house. I don't use them as "slippers" any more. :cry:

Stroking Muzzy - we get static shocks between my hands and her poor little ears.

:angel: If you don't get static shocks when using NCR hole-in-the-wall cash dispensers - that is all thanks to Michael.
Preventing static shocks from these is a very, very major part of his job.

golden

@golden
I'm finding this quite interesting but unfortunately go a lot of other stuff going on at the moment which I need to address, but I will come back to it and look at the links. I suffer terrible from getting shocks from cars, metal bits in shops, lift buttons, shopping trolleys etc. they can be big shocks as well making me shout,

I mean have you ever seen anyone at a supermarket jumping back from a trolley shouting aahhhhh? !!!!!!!!

yeah ! ME ! :)

Could be a pioneering new test :)

I am not the only one then lol.

I am just finding my way around the subject myself so hopefully I gain better understanding soon by the time you get back to this thread...

Sending good vibes/prayers...

Best
Golden

golden

There are only 3 times I get static shocks.
Getting out of the car. I always touch the car's metal body while getting out, to prevent it.
It's now automatic for me.:thumbsup:

Wearing my Crocs in the house. I don't use them as "slippers" any more. :cry:

Stroking Muzzy - we get static shocks between my hands and her poor little ears.

:angel: If you don't get static shocks when using NCR hole-in-the-wall cash dispensers - that is all thanks to Michael.
Preventing static shocks from these is a very, very major part of his job.

Thats very impressive . Say thanks from me :)

I shall inspect a cash dispenser next time i am out lol
For some strange reason those things don't give me any money though :(

Best
Golden

peggy-sue

I haven't managed to persuade him to fix them to give me extra money either.
The "so-and-so" is scrupulously honest.:rolleyes:

If there ever was static in one of those things, it would shock the system and its computery innards and it would all go desperately wrong.

golden

I haven't managed to persuade him to fix them to give me extra money either.
The "so-and-so" is scrupulously honest.:rolleyes:

If there ever was static in one of those things, it would shock the system and its computery innards and it would all go desperately wrong.

I know what thats like!

:)

Best
Golden

golden

OK.

This is a good UK website I think ! It explains very well the meters required and has a rental system. For the two meters needed to proof a home its £60~ for a week plus p&p.

I have linked to the page though with the Shielded Sleeping Bag... comes with head shield too.

I would source one cheaper but it looks good.

I would want to know though...

How can i be certain emf/rf stay out of the sleeping bag and do they gather on the outside of the bag so when touching it you get a bigger dose of radiation...

http://www.emfields.org/shielding/sleepoverview.asp

Finally, I must remember the litter EMF/RF alarm device. This looks handy and alerts you to radiation etc. with a beep the beep goes faster the stronger the radiation.

A nice dinky little size to find in my Santas stocking ....surely :)

I actually don't see this as an issue to solve if feeling affects. But simply an issue to solve.

I disagree with placebo products , even if you can eliminate symptoms because you actually are intaking the same radiation. And it is that which I think is a health issue.

Best
golden

golden

OK.

So I am letting myself get cut off as from midnight tonight :-0

No more mobile for me!!! It feels a bit ...???

I will work on getting a landline and i will be able to get to a library computer too at times too.

best
Golden

golden

Well it all went great for a day or two with no mobile after my above post. Then I had an accident! I rarely have accidents!

I just injured my foot. lol. It hurt. Foot almost recovered now. 2.5 weeks ish later.

But i needed some stuff for it and the internet back on to source numbers and information.

I still limited use though until a couple of days ago. When i was on a lot. Wow, it stopped me sleeping and caused a lot off physical pressure and tension.

This is just a hiccup whilst i transition . I thought it would be easier. But its been useful for me to realise.

:)
Best
Golden

golden

Just awaiting delivery of my meters now to do a DIY home Survey. Will post results.

In this scientific study the Electro Sensitive are compared to Ancient Hermits:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23288087/?i=3&from=electrosensitivity

' Conclusion
It appears there are similarities between those who live in isolation due to MCS or EHS and hermits that lived previously. The similarities focus on problems living in society, compulsion to flee, a sense of persecution, and ideas of fighting for an under-recognized cause. The similarities exist despite extensive differences, such as the historical religious focus and differing public attitudes.
Many of the modern cases find it difficult to imagine re-integrating into society, with its ever-increasing use of computers and wireless technologies. Whereas St Anthony and St Simeon remained hermits until their deaths, neither Crab nor Rondeau could sustain such harsh ways of living into their old age. With the modern case studies showing both similarities and differences with their historical counterparts, it remains unclear whether, without intervention, they will be able to return to society and re-join ‘the land of the living.’23'

Best
Golden

Last edited:

golden

My Meters have arrived :)

Just going to post a few snippets of info from the manufacturers booklets that i thought were interesting.

I have the Acoustimeter and ELF (extrely low frequency electric and magnetic field meter model PF 4)

A) uT B) mG C) nT

A)0.20 B) 2.0 C) 200 Believed SAFE is below 0.10uT in sleep areas.

A)0.30 B) 3.0 C) 300 Disruption of the production
of MELATONIN has been found with night exposures above 0.3 uT and sometimes even lower. Melatonin is important hormone regulating bodys SELF REPAIR mechanismd and mood control.

A)0.40 B)4.0 C) 400 A doubling in incidence of childhood cancers has been repeatedly shown at levels of 0.4uT and above. In our opinion 0.4uT may increase risk of long term health problems in home.

golden

POWERWATCH

http://powerwatch.org.uk/library/index.asp

I haven't been through this yet but the booklet says:

'Based on peer reviewed science reports freely downloadable from link -

the incidence of childhood leukemia doubles as a result of exposure to 0.4uT

and the breast Cancer drug Tamoxifen stops working normally at 1.2uT. '

Thats a curious thing. I had never considered this before. That a drug being taken would STOP WORKING.

It seems the Institute for bau-biology and oncology SBM 2008 sets the strictest standards on Electric/Magnetic Exposure...

They have concern between 0.10-0.50uT /1-5mG and 5-50 V/m

They have Extreme concern over:
0.50uT/5mG and 50V/m.

The PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY - Council of Europe 2011 (Resolution 1815):

They acknowledge the potential harmful effects of CHRONIC long - term low-level EMF exposure far below ICNIRP guidance and called for European countries to REDUCE exposure as low as is reasonably achievable.

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES (based on ICNIRP 1998) :

General public guidance OK up to:

100uT /1000mG and 5000V/m

UK HEALTH PROTECTION AGENCY 2005 (Tut Tut Tut)

Extraordinarily , the UK HPA has issued guidance levels set above the already high ICNIRP guidance .

The UK HPA now states its acceptable for long term exposure of 360uT and 9000V/m