• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Testing for Masto and MCAD at MD Anderson

thank u so much,
I am diagnosed with eds classical, chiari 1, and pots/;hyper adernergic/oi, but not sure if I do have ME or the MCAS, could those be giving me my issues/symptoms? and not caused by the eds, chiari and pots/oi? My blood test look normal execpt for the urin methyl above and the norepineprine , and my b12 was 1386. Anyone have a high b12? but I have symptoms of b12 defiency, so I do NOT understand. My doctor has not said anything more about the high b12 but I am worried from what I googled said bad things about high b12. Please if any of you had high b12 tell me what helped you get back to normal level? and coudl the MCAS OR ME be the cause of it?

camas

thank u so much,
I am diagnosed with eds classical, chiari 1, and pots/;hyper adernergic/oi, but not sure if I do have ME or the MCAS, could those be giving me my issues/symptoms? and not caused by the eds, chiari and pots/oi? My blood test look normal execpt for the urin methyl above and the norepineprine , and my b12 was 1386. Anyone have a high b12? but I have symptoms of b12 defiency, so I do NOT understand. My doctor has not said anything more about the high b12 but I am worried from what I googled said bad things about high b12. Please if any of you had high b12 tell me what helped you get back to normal level? and coudl the MCAS OR ME be the cause of it?

There does seem to be an overlap between hyperPOTS, EDS (usually type III) and mast cell disorders. Have you been to www.prettyill.com? Dr. Diana is a good resource for people with EDS and she does mention mast cell issues in some of her videos. There is also a forum there where you might find some help.

I don't know anything about elevated B12 levels, but it does sound like something your doctor needs to address if they haven't already.

Last edited: