• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where are we with Viruses...?

knackers323

When I run a search on Theophilis Hey about all I get is music lyrics.

Correcting gut function seems to induce either temporary or long term remission in a subset of patients. Research has been done on this for decades now, and includes things like the so-called "poop therapy", antibiotics, probiotics, glutamate, lactic acidosis, lipopolysaccharides and so on.

Lipkin might find clues in the gut microbiome analysis, which is why I mentioned it.

There is NO testing available that I am aware of. Despite that we know bacteria are subject to viral infection, and that we have large numbers of bacteria in the gut, and that the gut interacts with the immune system in complicated ways, there is very little research. As a result this is all very hypothetical, but plausible.

Sorry mate it was Theophil Hey.google his name with e.coli, bacteriophage and it will come up. There is something about it on prohealth. It is exactly what you have just mentioned.

This is very interesting and ties in a lot of other findings and what other people are finding effective.

So lipkin will be doing a gut micro biome analysis? I wonder how we would go suggesting for him to look into this?

JBB

Last time I looked we were still finding new hormones every year, though that was a while back. We are also still discovering new functions for many hormones, and new ways they interact. I don't think we are even close to really knowing what all the hormones are, and what they are doing. People usually don't appreciate that there are probably many hundreds of hormones. Even the average doctor could probably not name many.

Yes I think there are so many we are light years away from truly understanding all their functions and years away from discovering them all. My instinct is that hormones arn't at the bottom of most ME / CFS but rather a knock effect on from what ever else is going wrong. To me it's looking more and more tied into the immune system.

Not to say that hormones could not be the thing for some people but I think that the major ones we know about would probably be the ones which help most people anyway. Just my 2 cents...!

Best wishes,

J

alex3619

Very interesting. If this is a case shouldn't we be able to get rid of the bacteria and thus the viruses by a very intensive gut cleanse?...Or would that not be enough to get rid of them?

Would be good if Lipkin looked into this as part of his stools study for sure.

KDM does this sometimes and gets some results, though not perfect results. However its not clear he was aiming at bacteriophages, so a different protocol, even more extreme, might be required. Such protocols can be very hard on the patient.

Last edited:

JBB

KDM does this sometimes and gets some results, though not perfect results. However its not clear he was aiming at bacteriophages, so a different protocol, even more extreme, might be required. Such protocols can be very hard on the patient.

Yes I know he focuses on gut stuff. I'm interested if anyone has tried anything extreme regarding gut cleanses and what the results were?!? Anyone?

I don't mind extreme protocols, I will do anything to get rid of this dam thing.:mad:

Best wishes,

J