• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New petition for Karina

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks, @maryb. I just got notified via another forum and did a search here to see if it had been posted here. No replies?? I can only assume that other people haven't seen it. I'll see if I can add something about it to my profile to make it appear with my messages.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@MeSci
thanks
once they disappear from the first page of unread posts think people do miss them.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
It says that this petition is to be delivered to “the people of the world who believe that we are all born equal with Human Rights”. Do you know how this will be accomplished?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
It says that this petition is to be delivered to “the people of the world who believe that we are all born equal with Human Rights”. Do you know how this will be accomplished?

Thanks for pointing out this weakness. I usually scrutinise petitions before signing them, but don't usually check things like this with Avaaz petitions, as they are usually well-worded and targeted. I did notice that it didn't include Karina's surname, which seemed rather odd.

This does look very vague. I think I will remove the link from my signature as it is so poorly worded and targeted.

taniaaust1

I suggest someone start a petition about Karina and how ME people are being treated at www.care2.com (the biggest online community for human injustice and get their support). We need our shocking cases brought to the eyes of the general public more.

Maybe someone feels up to doing a news article about how those with ME/CFS can end up being locked up and thought of as being psych patients.. ones like Alison Hunter could also be included included in this story and her death (one could put the link in to the story of her death). With the news..this abuse is still going on.. Karina for example. (the kind of story which will make those in high places and the big insurance companies cringe). With care2 you can also submit a news story.

We need to start reaching out and gaining the support of other advocates to support us.

Last edited: