• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detox questions

vamah

I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I can find. What are some good things to use for general detox that people have had success with? I hate chlorella -- upsets my stomach. Have gotten some zeolite, but looking for other things as well.

Also, is it better to take things for detox throughout the day or just at night? I had heard night is better so you don't deplete vitamins you take during the day, but zeolite says go use 3 times a day. Thoughts?

Hugocfs

For mercury, arsenic, and cadmium, I use Quicksilver Scientific Clearway Cofactors and Intestinal Metal Detox plus S-acetyl glutathione.
For lead and pesticides, I use Pectasol Detox Formula.
For herbicides and mold toxins, I use bentonite clay.
For hydrocarbons, I use charcoal.

In my mind, mercury is the big one. But I wouldn't start working on that until all of your amalgams are out.

I did some research before starting all of this. I chose not to go the chlorella route. It is a good general binder for all toxins but you have to take so many pills each days, literally dozens. (I take so much stuff already, I didn't want go even more overboard.) And I read about varying quality of chlorellas and I didn't know what was a good brand.

I decided to stay completely away from zeolites.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/489959-liquid-zeolite-dangers/

I also remember reading that zeolites can already be loaded up with heavy metals, the exact thing you are trying to get rid of! Unfortunately, I can't find the link for that. Maybe someone else can help?

Good luck.

vamah

Thanks. I feel the same way about chlorella. I only have one amalgm filling left, but I really have put off getting it removed because I have a resistance to novacaine and so dental work is a real ordeal. I am thinking of getting myself and my daughter tested for heavy metals, so I will see what I find out.

Hugocfs

You may want to watch this.

And then bite the (non-lead) bullet and get that amalgam out. You'll be wasting your money chelating until you get rid of it.

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
I started taking liquid zeolite about 4 days ago. I like it--there is no question that it has a fairly powerful effect on the human body and I suspect there is a good deal of truth to the detoxification it causes. As usual, I firmly believe that most "dosage" that is generally advertised is too much, so I have cut the dosage at least by half. I now take it 2X a day, and only 3 drops. So far, this feels totally right for me. I began looking into this because I realized that my overall decline in resistance seems to have coincided with a cracked dental bridge (not cosmetic, so I left it as it was) which always tastes like metal when I run my tongue near it. It occurred to me that this may be slowly causing an insidious toxic build up while--at the same time--I am becoming less and less able to resist. I think I'm right and I now believe in these theories of dental metal toxicity. I'll post again, probably every 2 weeks. But my message here is that the dosage is critical, and it's very easy to overdose on any natural (or pharmacological) supplement. I believe that even a good thing can hurt us and cause a reverse effect if overused. Easy does it! I'll be back.

vamah

I started taking liquid zeolite about 4 days ago. I like it--there is no question that it has a fairly powerful effect on the human body and I suspect there is a good deal of truth to the detoxification it causes. As usual, I firmly believe that most "dosage" that is generally advertised is too much, so I have cut the dosage at least by half. I now take it 2X a day, and only 3 drops. So far, this feels totally right for me. I began looking into this because I realized that my overall decline in resistance seems to have coincided with a cracked dental bridge (not cosmetic, so I left it as it was) which always tastes like metal when I run my tongue near it. It occurred to me that this may be slowly causing an insidious toxic build up while--at the same time--I am becoming less and less able to resist. I think I'm right and I now believe in these theories of dental metal toxicity. I'll post again, probably every 2 weeks. But my message here is that the dosage is critical, and it's very easy to overdose on any natural (or pharmacological) supplement. I believe that even a good thing can hurt us and cause a reverse effect if overused. Easy does it! I'll be back.
I have been using zeolite also and, though I'm not sure if it is helping, at least I don't get the stomach problems I get with chlorella. However, I think it is staining my teeth even though I try to brush them after taking.

slayadragon

I think the most important thing to do is to get to a good environment, in terms of both inside air (especially with regard to mold toxins) and in terms of outside air. Based on my own experiences and those I have seen, the bodies of people with this illness do not let go of toxins easily in a bad place.

I have had the most success with coffee enemas (up to five a day) and EDTA chelation suppositories (e.g. Medicardium). Cholestyramine was helpful, but only after I got to an extremely good place. ALA seemed somewhat helpful. Large amounts of Buffered Vitamin C also has seemed a good thing.

I'm interested in that QuickSilver IMD and am thinking about trying that soon.

Lisa