• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme testing

roxie60

Won't insurance pay for it? And IgeneX now seems to do the LTT test that Infectolab does. It is a pretty accurate test for an active infection.

If you want to test for Bartonella, there are better tests than the one IgeneX does as it only tests for 3 strains.

Sushi

I keep forgetting to check BCBS to see how to submit the IGenex receipt. I will try t remember again tomorrow to do that.

Is Bartonella known to invect people in the Midwest? I feel silly asking that knowing full well I have no idea if I have Lyme and worse when I got it....

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I keep forgetting to check BCBS to see how to submit the IGenex receipt. I will try t remember again tomorrow to do that.

Is Bartonella known to invect people in the Midwest? I feel silly asking that knowing full well I have no idea if I have Lyme and worse when I got it....

Yes, Bartonella can be passed by ticks, animals (pets) and from your mother.

I edited my post after you quoted it and gave another good link on Lyme testing by a guy who knows his stuff: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/emerging-tests-for-tbis

Sushi

JT1024

I was at a symposium today at Massachusetts General Hospital where numerous top US based Lyme researchers presented.

There is substantial research going on and existing testing does not adequately capture the different phases of Lyme and associated diseases.

Borrellia burgdorferi (Bb) infection does not elicit the "normal" immune response where IgM (I now know there are two different kinds of IgM) is the first to respond with IgG response following. You'll want to follow Nicole Baumgarth, DVM, PhD going forward regarding immune response. She indicated the to date, researchers have yet to identify a "T cell epitope" that could be utilized for better Lyme testing.

Other presenters discussed Biofilms (Eva Sapi, PhD), Lyme persistence despite antibiotic treatment (Monica Embers, PhD), utilization of nanotechnology to improve testing (sensor technology/Mitchell Lerner, PhD), and Neuropsychology (Brian Fallon, MD, MPH, Leo Shea, PhD).

While many want to avoid the "psych" issues, examples were provided of extreme psychiatric conditions where treatment for Lyme resolved the "psych" issues. Emphasis was placed on the patient and acknowledging a biologic basis yet dealing with the emotional issues was still encouraged by the two psych physicians.

So much more to come.... I'm so glad I was able to attend.

JT1024

Borrellia can also become a biofilm... very scary stuff. I was unable to embed the video but you can see it if you google it.

A video file showing a vertical protrusion on the surface of the Borrelia burgdorferi B31 stain aggregates using AFM composite images Video S2 from Sapi E, Bastian S, Mpoy C, Scott S, Rattelle A, Pabbati N, Poruri A, Burugu D, Theophilus P, Pham T, Datar A, Dhaliwal N, MacDonald A, Rossi M, Sinha S, Luecke D (2012). "Characterization of Biofilm Formation by Borrelia burgdorferi In Vitro". PLOS ONE. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0048277. PMID 23110225. PMC: 3480481

640px--Characterization-of-Biofilm-Formation-by-Borrelia-burgdorferi-In-Vitro-pone.0048277.s007.ogv.jpg

roxie60

Still trying to understand most everything related to Lyme but I did catch some on the biofilms, what was not clear is if the Lyme has progressed to a biofilm status is it less or equally identified with the 'substandard' tests we have these days or can it still be detected in biofilm form? Can it b treated in biofilm form. A nasty little bugger, no wonder so many people are suffering and doctors are lost....

roxie60

@JT1024 I googled but still could ot find the video on biofilms you refered to . Even if you cant embed teh video put the link in the post and we can copy it and get to the video that way. Thanks.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Here is another link:

I've been working many hours and brain function is minimal. I'm sorry If I cannot respond in a more timely fashion.

I am in total crash mode.

Those spirochaetes are actually paid actors dressed in tinfoil costumes dipped in fluorescent dye.

You can see the stunt double bumble onto set at 3.19 with his flagella falling off

The rest is CGI.

It's all part of a big lyme conspiracy :thumbsup:

roxie60

So how often should one's CD8-CD57 NK test be performed? Anyone know is this a fast moving number or does reflect more 'I forget the word I want' cumulative (victory at word finding) affect?

roxie60

I was reading an article Rich V wrote about Lyme and glutathione depletion and cysteine. Can someone else read this and let me know what they think. Is this cysteine he is referring to homo-cysteine, having trouble remembering.

Reason I am asking is I'm still trying to convince myself I have Lyme (or maybe I'm trying to believe I do not). This is the first time I have seen any commentary about the relationship to Lyme and coinfections and impact on methylation cycle, homo/cysteine, glutathione levels.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/methylationblock.html

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was reading an article Rich V wrote about Lyme and glutathione depletion and cysteine. Can someone else read this and let me know what they think. Is this cysteine he is referring to homo-cysteine, having trouble remembering.

Reason I am asking is I'm still trying to convince myself I have Lyme (or maybe I'm trying to believe I do not). This is the first time I have seen any commentary about the relationship to Lyme and coinfections and impact on methylation cycle, homo/cysteine, glutathione levels.

http://www.lymeinfo.net/methylationblock.html

Hi Roxie,

Rich was scheduled to speak at a major Lyme Conference (looks like that was an outline of his talk) just before his death and his subject was the relationship between Lyme and methylation. From memory, (which is spotty here) I believe he believed that Lyme, Borrelia, significantly lowered reduced glutathione. He had posted on the relationship quite a bit.

When he speaks of cysteine, it is not homocysteine.

Best,
Sushi

roxie60

Thanks Sushi. Did he ever get to present his thoughts, I would sure like to see/hear his views expanded regarding Lyme, CFS, glutathione depletion. I never knew he had any houghts about Lyme until I found this document this past week. The outline is a teaser, I would love to know more about what he thought but perhaps he never got the chance to share his deep thoughts, sadly. Still feeling his loss.