• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS/IBS - If diet alone doesn't work, what does this mean?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
@Beyond, my adrenals have been improving with methylation treatment. I totally don't tolerate any kind of direct adrenal supplementation such as glandulars, DHEA, etc.
That´s encouraging. Have you tried Vitamin c, Vit E, Panthetine or all the other adrenal nutrients?

Daffodil

hi knackers. i think feeling full maybe increases inflammation? no idea...but i can ask him.

Fogbuster

@Beyond, my adrenals have been improving with methylation treatment. I totally don't tolerate any kind of direct adrenal supplementation such as glandulars, DHEA, etc.
How about this supplement? Nutrients as mother nature intended, the whole leaf is put into the capsules, so your body fully understands what it is consuming and thus is able to fully utilise the nutrients from it.

Fogbuster

@Fogbuster

Did you take the lactulose/mannitol test for leaky gut, when you got a positive result for your intestinal permeability?

If you have a genuine case of leaky gut, then be aware that:

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

I have had tests which have shown I have leaky gut, candida and bacterial overgrowth. I have struggled to achieve any success on any diets, purely I believe because my body has been in such a constant chronic high stress state, just from my autonomic nervous system misfiring the whole time and being on constant alert.

So my intention is to learn to breathe better (retrain breathing pattern) and work on relaxing breathing exercises to keep me in healing mode more when I retry the GAPS diet again.

I have now officially just been diagnosed with EDS and Hyperventilation Syndrome.

knackers323

hi knackers. i think feeling full maybe increases inflammation? no idea...but i can ask him.

Hello, yes I'd be very interested to know why the hour wait, what is wrong with the green leafy veggies and what is it specifically that is wrong with sugar.

We are usually told green leafy is good.

And no doubt sugar is bad for weight gain and diabetics but what does he feel it is doing that is making/keeping us sick?

Very interesting. Thanks

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
It seems Fogbuster that something is preventing your immune system to control candida, your normal flora to control the bad ones and the leaky gut healing. Once I found a paper and although looks insignificant (it comes from a restaurant website) it actually sheds light on why your gut may not be healing. According to this, having high estrogen, low cortisol or low glutathione will mean you cannot heal your gut completely. I have these, darn!

http://www.melodiagrill.com/uploads/2/9/2/8/2928807/leakygut.pdf