• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doxycycline

Seven7

Seven
I took for it a bit (about 4 days) and I felt Sooooo good on it. Is funny that you are posting this because for some reason I am craving it. I even tough of ordering some online, Not sure why but my body has been asking for it for weeks.

Ema

I went back on Tindamax for the giardia and it is kicking my butt this time around.

When I felt great over the summer, I had no side effects from it at all. Go figure. :(

ukxmrv

I've done months and at different times weeks on Doxycycline and felt sick in the stomach, poisoned, depressed and after finishing it much worse off.

Then after years of intermittent use for sinus infections and always having a bad result something "changed" when I tried a different brand and for no apparent reason I didn't feel so bad after a week's dose of Doxy and I felt better than before when I finished. The different seemed to be that I was on Immunovir and Valtrex at the same time.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I always feel alot better on abx, at the moment im just on augmentin which is doing the job on the sinuses as well as the ahcc seems to have improved sinuses. Bactrim is another i feel better on too.

Charles555nc

I cant tolerate doxy on an empty stomach- which is how your "supposed" to take it. 200mg is no problem, with food and 300mg is only a little worse. Doxy helps beat down the bacteria that "protect" the viruses and its not bad for the mycoplasma I got as well.

Daffodil

thanks all. i took 200 mg doxy for a few days but became so nauseous and ended up vomiting quite a lot..so i stopped the drug. i am waiting to see what my doctor will say.

i was also doing sort of OK on an anti inflammatory diet...following it maybe 90 - 95% for a few months, but the last few days have been very difficult. i don't think i can go gluten-free.

i have pretty much successfully given up eggs, bananas, milk, cane sugar....but this gluten business is killing me.

today, i rebelled and ordered pizza and a big thick veal sandwich. i have also eaten KFC this week. i am just so sick of dieting. how can you take away the small pleasure of food, when one has nothing else good in one's life and feels bad 24/7 for 21 years?!

i do think i feel worse with all the gluten i ate.

but i woke up today and the thought of more rice and vegetables made me want to vomit and scream!

you know what? i think i want gluten over my health and my life. that's right. i said it. i value gluten more.

I'M A GLUTTON FOR GLUTEN

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
thanks all. i took 200 mg doxy for a few days but became so nauseous and ended up vomiting quite a lot..so i stopped the drug. i am waiting to see what my doctor will say.

i was also doing sort of OK on an anti inflammatory diet...following it maybe 90 - 95% for a few months, but the last few days have been very difficult. i don't think i can go gluten-free.

i have pretty much successfully given up eggs, bananas, milk, cane sugar....but this gluten business is killing me.

today, i rebelled and ordered pizza and a big thick veal sandwich. i have also eaten KFC this week. i am just so sick of dieting. how can you take away the small pleasure of food, when one has nothing else good in one's life and feels bad 24/7 for 21 years?!

i do think i feel worse with all the gluten i ate.
google recipes with almond meal, good substitute for flour, alot of simple biscuit recipes out there that can satify your cravings.

ukxmrv

It was toast or bread that settled my stomach with the doxy. A steak / salad meal didn't do it or rice and veges. Dairy products made it worse.

Something else that did help was ginger ale (the fizzy sort) and coca cola.

The shops have gluten free bread but I didn't try them at the time I was taking the Doxy.

Last edited:

Daffodil

hi all. thanks for the info. i cannot tolerate the doxy at all so i think i am being changed to minocycline. i sure hope that is easier.

it's interesting...after binging on all the gluten bread, i really do feel a lot more inflamed in the head. i think it is because of that, anyway.

the key for me is going to be balance. i was trying to adhere too strictly to the diet. i maybe have to allow myself a little cheating daily or something...just don't know.

i was doing OK when I was cooking a lot, but that can get pretty hard when sick. i was making my own crackers and breakfast breads. without wheat though, everything turned out like a brick.

i wasn't buying the gluten free breads because of the egg, sugar, or dairy content.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
i was doing OK when I was cooking a lot, but that can get pretty hard when sick. i was making my own crackers and breakfast breads. without wheat though, everything turned out like a brick.

i wasn't buying the gluten free breads because of the egg, sugar, or dairy content.

Why not make the occasional trip to Whole Foods and buy gluten free bread in bulk and freeze it? They have many different types so you should be able to get one with the ingredients you need.

There are also many types of rice crackers and of course those don't have to be frozen.

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Daffodil
I couldn't tolerate doxy either - did 4 days and felt like hell gave up.

Also I too struggled with gluten free but think its better to have the little bit of other stuff eg. eggs etc. that you shouldn't have in order to go gluten free - that is the baddy - trust me.

You just have to seek out gluten free flours - make your own pizzas?? Can even get dairy free cheese.

I have to cook each day - when I'm ill I just eat gluten free toast and decaf coffee and water..............

Just bought a nutri-bullet - going to start using that every day hopefully.

Food is the biggest faff in my life.

I couldn't use my kitchen for a week recently - lived on Mcdonalds grilled chicken salad , had fries as well every other night. nice break but a boring way of eating, 'm used to it after 5yrs.

Daffodil

YES. Six months of doxy in 2012 almost killed me. Is that what you're taking?

Now struggling with minocycline.

Ick ick ick. :alien:

hi creekee, may I ask what side effects you are having with minocycline? I start that one today.
thanks