• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried the Salt/Vit C or ,Blasi,or the FWIW Protocol ?

juniemarie

I was looking at a website lassen.com/cfids They had some unusual treatments I had not seen before. It seems like, according to a poll they took, that some folks have had pretty good luck with these 3. They are a bit unorthodox but in many ways we are all grabbing at straws.

DavidJ.

isnt salt/vit.c for lyme? i have read a report of a cfs patient though, who tried it for a year and didnt improve...

I start my day with a glass of water with unrefined sea salt and powdered vitamin C. It does help me, as I require alot of salt not to feel weak. And I know I am low in antioxidants per the Spectrocell test. But, I do alot of other things also and take alot of other supplements. Deb

Tony

Still working on it all..
Not these specifically but I did drink Aquaforce (Gookinaid) for about 2 years. It's similar to the Blasi "Revive" drink with the potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium. These minerals, like salt by itself can help by increasing blood volume and maybe help with intracellular channels. So blood pressure can be raised with these things.
Far too much salt can be dangerous but a little can be good.

caledonia

I do sea salt dissolved in water with vitamin C too, but it's for my adrenals. I do about 1/2 to 1 tsp of sea salt per glass of water three times a day. I looked at the Salt/C protocol to see how similar it was to what I was doing, and it's much much higher amounts. The reason for the salt is to kill pathogens.

I have also heard of people having problems with the Salt/C protocol and feeling much worse, which I think is not reflected in the survey. I've asked Ken to update that page a couple of times over the past couple of years, but he hasn't. I don't go over to the CFSFMExperimental board much anymore for that and other reasons.

juniemarie

Yes I saw the photos of the pathogens that the salt/c protocol are targeting.............wow, I did not need to see those photos, seriously scary! I think I dreamed about them