• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Other ways of taking b complex and minerals

BFG

Hello guys,

So everytime I try and take either b complex and a multimineral orally i end up with really severe diarrhea. I think it may be feeding my yeast/h pylori/bacterial overgrowth. So now I am trying to supplement the Bs and minerals bypassing the gut.

I have found a pretty good B complex transdermal from a compunding pharmacy, but its gonna cost me $70.00 incl shipping, which I can't afford. http://leesilsby.com/transdermal-b-complex-cream

I have the methyl/adenoB12 and methyl folate covered through sublingual tablets. Here in case anyone
wants to know: http://www.amazon.com/L-methylfolate-Methylcobalamin-Adenosylcobalamin-Seeking-Health/dp/B00822JNTC

Is it safe for me to just open up a b complex capsule and take it sublingually or will that harm my mucous membranes/teeth, also not sure if i can absorb benfotiamine under the tongue? Has anyone done this before? Will this also work with a mineral supplement?

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

Lynn_M

I suggest you look into Red Energy, a transdermal product available at http://transdermoil.com/products/transdermoil-red. Red Energy uses TransdermOil technology to deliver a unique combination of three active ingredients including Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 [no folate]. Each pump is $39, including shipping, and should last 30-40 days. 3 pumps are $117. This product is made by Mentor Pharmaceutical Consulting in Australia. They have developed a special oil-based solvent that enables a water-based product, such as B vitamins, to be absorbed through the fatty skin cells of the body and then transported throughout the body.

The product I have used from this company is Red B12, which is an adenosylcobalamin/methylcobalamin mix. I am now using my third pump. I used to take 1 mg. Jarrow subl. methylB12 every day and 1 Enzymatic Therapy subl. dibencozide. I never felt much difference and my teeth were getting etched. Since starting the Red B12, my depression is gone and my energy level is vastly improved. The benefit of transdermal application is similar to subcutaneous injection but of course no needle is involved. The material is liquid and rubs in the skin in about 30 seconds.

When I use up some of my B6 capsules, I will be ordering the Red Energy, as well as continuing with Red B12.

Thinktank

BFG, i have exactly the same problem. Not only do i get the big D but also feel overstimulated followed by a crash.
Please do let me know if you can tolerate the transdermal cream and if you notice any benefits from it.

Have you ever done a genetic test like 23andme?

BFG

Lynn_M Thanks for the recommendation. I think I may try that red energy b complex and b12. Their website needs a little more detail about the ingrediants and dosing. I emailed them asking them the specific types of b vitamins and amount and here is their reply:

Thanks for the enquiry
The vitamins and dosages/squirt are as follows:
AdoCbl 0.5 mg
Thiamine 1.25 mg
Riboflavin 0.125 mg
niacinamide 1.25 mg
pantothenol 2.5 mg
pyridoxine Hcl 1.25 mg
Vitamin D3 1250 IU

Thinktank Yes I have done 23andme and here are my snps Detox genes.PNGmethylation genes.PNG

I feel that in some people the methylation genes do not correlate to level of health/ ability to deox. My genes are pretty good and I am ill. I had my mother's genes tested out of curiosity, she is 53, and has lot of energy and no health problems, mouthful of amalgams, and some pretty bad methylation polymorphisms:

mom\'s methylation genes.PNG

Same with my identical twin brother. He has the same snps as me, has even worse nk cell function, more igg subclass deficiencies, higher mycoplasma titers, a lot more amalgams, and he is in better shape than me, but I feel he does have mild cfs/me.

Lynn_M

I suggest you look into Red Energy, a transdermal product available at http://transdermoil.com/products/transdermoil-red. Red Energy uses TransdermOil technology to deliver a unique combination of three active ingredients including Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 [no folate]. Each pump is $39, including shipping, and should last 30-40 days. 3 pumps are $117. This product is made by Mentor Pharmaceutical Consulting in Australia. They have developed a special oil-based solvent that enables a water-based product, such as B vitamins, to be absorbed through the fatty skin cells of the body and then transported throughout the body.

The product I have used from this company is Red B12, which is an adenosylcobalamin/methylcobalamin mix. I am now using my third pump. I used to take 1 mg. Jarrow subl. methylB12 every day and 1 Enzymatic Therapy subl. dibencozide. I never felt much difference and my teeth were getting etched. Since starting the Red B12, my depression is gone and my energy level is vastly improved. The benefit of transdermal application is similar to subcutaneous injection but of course no needle is involved. The material is liquid and rubs in the skin in about 30 seconds.

When I use up some of my B6 capsules, I will be ordering the Red Energy, as well as continuing with Red B12.

Edit: I don't know why I don't have the option to edit my original post anymore, but I need to correct the part where I said shipping was included in the price of $39. Shipping is not included. I don't know the shipping cost for one pump, but when I purchased 3 pumps in June, the price was $99 for the 3 pumps plus $26.81 shipping.

caledonia

Lynn_M
Thinktank Yes I have done 23andme and here are my snpsView attachment 5698View attachment 5703

I feel that in some people the methylation genes do not correlate to level of health/ ability to deox. My genes are pretty good and I am ill. I had my mother's genes tested out of curiosity, she is 53, and has lot of energy and no health problems, mouthful of amalgams, and some pretty bad methylation polymorphisms:

View attachment 5701

Same with my identical twin brother. He has the same snps as me, has even worse nk cell function, more igg subclass deficiencies, higher mycoplasma titers, a lot more amalgams, and he is in better shape than me, but I feel he does have mild cfs/me.

You're about the third person I've seen on here who doesn't have MTHFR, although you do have some MTRRs (B12 recycling problems). Most people on here have MTHFR.

Anyway, in that case, I would consider that you should look at other reasons as to why you're sick. The gut is a big one. I would address that first with a 4R Gut Rebuilding program. The link is in my signature.

Then also consider heavy metals such as mercury and lead. Those can mess up MTHFR and MTR the same as if you had those SNPs.

BFG

You're about the third person I've seen on here who doesn't have MTHFR, although you do have some MTRRs (B12 recycling problems). Most people on here have MTHFR.

Anyway, in that case, I would consider that you should look at other reasons as to why you're sick. The gut is a big one. I would address that first with a 4R Gut Rebuilding program. The link is in my signature.

Then also consider heavy metals such as mercury and lead. Those can mess up MTHFR and MTR the same as if you had those SNPs.

Yeah my doctor was surprised at my folate deficiency even though I didn't have any mthfr mutations. I had the metametrix gi effects and they found unknown yeast at +4 and h pylori, which on a separate test, EIA antigen came to be negative.

My doc thinks I have a heavy mercury burden and I will get my hair elements results soon to see if that is the case. He also believes I cannot get rid of the infections/gi issues until I chelate mercury out of my gi tract and organs. So now I am going to try the methlation protocol for a while then remove my amalgams and try a chelation protocol.

I actually already downloaded your 4r gut rebuilding program sheet you put together and it is great resource. Thank You.

Yeah my doctor was surprised at my folate deficiency even though I didn't have any mthfr mutations.
Are your MTR and MTRR also normal? I also don't have MTHFR mutations, but do have a pretty serious MTRR mutation, and tested high for homocysteine in the past, which might reflect low methylfolate. And indeed, folic acid immediately ended three weeks of hemiparesis.

PeterPositive

BFG

Are your MTR and MTRR also normal? I also don't have MTHFR mutations, but do have a pretty serious MTRR mutation, and tested high for homocysteine in the past, which might reflect low methylfolate. And indeed, folic acid immediately ended three weeks of hemiparesis.
In the past I also tested a little elevated in homocysteine, but my doctor could not find out why. Now I know. It crept up from 9.0- 12.0 throughout the years.

BFG

BFG, take a look at this product:
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Coenzymate-B-Complex-Orange-Flavored-Sublingual-60-Tablets/1048

I've been taking for a year or so. It's a full spectrum B complex, all active Bs: B1, B2, B3, B6, B12... and it's taken sublingually. Very affordable. Only exception it contains folic acid :(

Alternatively the same producer also provides individual sublingual Bs in active forms, so you can check them out as well.

Cheers
I actually tried the single b sublinguals b1,b2, and b6 couple weeks back. Everytime I took them I got a very bad feeling inside and a bad migraine, maybe due to the mannitol, but they do seem really good if you can handle the fillers and taste:aghhh:.

I just went for it and got the transdermal from lee silsby. So far it seems pretty good, except for that your skin will turn yellow.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I ordered the red energy product (spray) - it lasted for 8 days and then packed up, supposed to contain 30/40 sprays - I e-mailed the company yesterday, not heard anything in reply yet. A very expensive mistake for me if they don't send me a replacement.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I could be an expensive mistake for them if they don't send you a replacement. Let us know what happens.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Little Bluestem
@BFG
I e-mailed them again today as I'd had no reply. 48hrs!
BFG can you give me an e-mail address to reply to, save me using the contact form - at least I will have some proof that I contacted them.
thanks

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@BFG Its okay I just got a reply - they want me to look at the container which I'll do in the morning - too tired tonight - hope it is just a faulty pump and I can keep on using it.

BFG

The b12 spray only lasted for 8 sprays or did you put on five sprays a day? Lol:eek:
If it only lsated for 8 days the company really should refund you or give you a replacement.

How is it working for you zo far @maryb?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@BFG
I took the top off the container as they suggested. I could see some liquid still in so its obviously not empty, but how much has 'leaked' into the plastic bag it came into. I got another spray out of it this morning so thats good. I dearly hope it works as I will keep on with this, I desperately need the bvits.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Well what can I say - very impressed with the customer service.
I e-mailed them the details of what I'd done with the container. They replied that they would send me a replacement, it had probably leaked, and apologies for the messing about.

Anyone wanting to try it I'd say go for it, so easy to use and I have felt better since using it - I'm also on a thyroid med too though. I'm hoping that after a few months (fingers crossed) I may be able to tolerate an oral brand.

The first time I became ill - I recovered to 95% within 12 months - I was tolerating bvits orally then and I'm convinced they were a big part of the healing process.

Red Energy
http://transdermoil.com/products/transdermoil-red.

dannybex

Well what can I say - very impressed with the customer service.
I e-mailed them the details of what I'd done with the container. They replied that they would send me a replacement, it had probably leaked, and apologies for the messing about.

Anyone wanting to try it I'd say go for it, so easy to use and I have felt better since using it - I'm also on a thyroid med too though. I'm hoping that after a few months (fingers crossed) I may be able to tolerate an oral brand.

The first time I became ill - I recovered to 95% within 12 months - I was tolerating bvits orally then and I'm convinced they were a big part of the healing process.

Red Energy
http://transdermoil.com/products/transdermoil-red.

Hi Mary,

Just wondering how you're doing lately…are you still continuing with the Red-b vitamins? Also, do you have a post somewhere telling your story, your background, how long you were sick, etc? Your improvement gives me hope. :)

dannybex

Lynn_M Thanks for the recommendation. I think I may try that red energy b complex and b12. Their website needs a little more detail about the ingrediants and dosing. I emailed them asking them the specific types of b vitamins and amount and here is their reply:

Thanks for the enquiry
The vitamins and dosages/squirt are as follows:
AdoCbl 0.5 mg
Thiamine 1.25 mg
Riboflavin 0.125 mg
niacinamide 1.25 mg
pantothenol 2.5 mg
pyridoxine Hcl 1.25 mg
Vitamin D3 1250 IU

That IS really interesting. The supposed explanation that I've heard is that other factors can influence how a gene expresses itself, so perhaps -- perhaps -- you and your brother were exposed to other factors (mold perhaps?) or pesticides, etc., that your mom wasn't.

But it's still compelling. Even the doc that runs the Heartfixer methylation site is perfectly healthy, yet he has some of these 'problematic' genetic polymorphisms.

I too have terrible trouble putting on weight, and have lost a lot of muscle -- and some fat -- during the last 3 years. Rich Van K's original explanation was that this was caused by a partial methylation cycle block. He reviewed my methylation test and also the NutrEval test, which he said showed I was using my own muscle and fat for fuel.Three years later, and I still haven't figured it out. But will look at Caledonia's gut repair program -- and am also looking at restarting SAMe, which always used to help years ago, and is supposed to help with bile production. It's my understanding that if one eats a low-fat diet for too long (which I have, because I can't tolerate fats -- they give me instant RLS) -- then the gallbladder holds onto it's bile, which becomes thick…and the vicious cycle continues.And this is just a guess of course, but if the b-vits give you diarrhea, then perhaps that's your body's way of saying " I don't want these". Perhaps it's the fillers, but it could very well be one of the individual b's that you're not tolerating. Just a guess.