• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quercetin and SNPs

Should one avoid Quercetin if they have any particular SNPs? Seems like I read to avoid this early on, but I can't remember where or why. Could've been something else; just not sure, but I'd like to try it to help manage histamine.

Any input appreciated. Thank you.

Lynn_M

I've read another person who is heterozygous for at least a couple COMT snps say they had no problem taking quercetin. The place where I read that quercetin is not advised for someone with COMT snps didn't distinguish between homo and hetero. But you might well be correct in thinking it's more of an issue for someone that is homo COMT. Or maybe it depends on the total genome.

Critterina

I started a few weeks ago using a quercetin supplement, hoping it would help with histamine. I only use it once a day with dinner because it's combined with 1000 mg Vitamin C and I want to keep the C far away from the active Bs I take in the morning. I can't see how it's helped yet. Let me know if you have any luck with it.