• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sublingual b12

im wondering if am doing this whole "under the tongue" process properly.

i let it "dissolve " under my tongue for over an hour; YET,i feel like im just swallowing the juices from it, like it melts and i just swallow the b12 juice.

isnt b12 poorly absorbed through the stomach??? am i doing this wrong???

Mij

im wondering if am doing this whole "under the tongue" process properly.

i let it "dissolve " under my tongue for over an hour; YET,i feel like im just swallowing the juices from it, like it melts and i just swallow the b12 juice.

isnt b12 poorly absorbed through the stomach??? am i doing this wrong???

I'm only going by what I've able to find online, we only absorb 10% or so from the tablet. I also can't find any information that proves dissolving B12 sublingually is more effective than chewing it. I read somewhere that the molecule are too large to be absorbed under the tongue anyways.

ahmo

My understanding is that swallowed B12 meets intrinsic factor in the stomach, which makes it useable. I'd never heard that we only absorb 10% sublingually.You might search through the many B12 comments/threads here for more info.

It's debatable whether it can be absorbed sublingually. Basically the molecules have to be under a certain size to get absorbed under the tongue (and even smaller in the gum), and B12 is pretty big. Maybe too big, maybe not.

Basically it hasn't been proven that it can be absorbed sublingually, but it doesn't hurt to try. Megadosing is effective in the GI tract even if things are extremely dysfunctional down there.

when you guys go the Sublingual route, do you feel that youre just swallowing the melted b12 juices? or what?