• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A discussion on yasko forum about documentation of success stories

peggy-sue

Proteins are made up of strings of amino acids held together by sugar molecules.

I don't know what test was used in this particular instance - so I do not know if it was a valid one.

All I do know is there are many, many reliable tests for amino acids in urine.

If amino acids are present, that indicates proteins.

trollo

i know what s a protein. But maybe testing for proteins in urine is different than testing for various aminos, and the meaning of a test depend on what is intended to diagnose

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Proteins are made up of strings of amino acids held together by sugar molecules.

Proteins ARE made of strings of amino acids - however they are NOT joined by sugar molecules. They are joined by peptide bonds which involve the loss of a water molecule between the adjacent amino acids.

DNA on the other hand is made up of nucleotides, part of which is a sugar molecule - and these sugar molecules form the backbone of the DNA structure alone with phosphate groups.

(Sorry Biology teacher before ME and can't quite prevent myself from correcting!)

peggy-sue

Thanks, Keela Too

I was being very simplistic :redface: - english is not Trollo's first language.
I also tend to forget about "gross" structures as proteins - most of my study was more at DNA and RNA level - and a long time ago.

Science can get very up it's own little cul-de-sac.....

Keela Too

Sally Burch
LOL - no worries! Hard for an ole teacher to leave an error uncorrected! LOL

Perhaps of course I need to learn a little more of "Let it go!" and apply it to all areas of my life!

trollo

Are u a biology teacher Keela? How do take all this Yasko stuff from your point of view? Don't you think Peggy is making confusion with another kind of tests?

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Sorry too many long posts here & I didn't follow the thread properly. Skipped to top of page 3, and saw a short sentence that pushed all my buttons as a biology teacher. Sorry not to delve deeper, but just now health is rubbish.

pspa123

One can find testimonials and anecdotes supporting dozens if not hundreds of so-called biomed treatments for autism. Every quack in America and likely elsewhere claims to be able to "recover" people from autism. I have read countless such claims, but none of them ever seems to stand up to rigid scrutiny. Show me one who can prove it in a scientific fashion. In saying the diet is working, you are assuming your conclusion, aren't you?

http://www.autismsciencefoundation....iagnosis/beware-non-evidence-based-treatments

http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/2010/07/autism-and-biomed-protocols-primer-on.html

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.or...n-even-reputable-scientists-and-institutions/

pspa123

I'm assuming that the moms who respond to the GAPS forums aren't lying.
And neither are all the people who claimed they have been cured by homeopathy, chelation, bleach, HBOT, Yasko's RNA supplements, weird electromagnetic devices, aligning their biofields, and God only knows what else.

But that doesn't mean each and every one of these modalities really "work" does it?

Last edited:

ahmo

And neither are all the people who claimed they have been cured by homeopathy, chelation, bleach, HBOT, Yasko's RNA supplements, weird electromagnetic devices, aligning their biofields, and God only knows what else.

But that doesn't mean each and every one of these modalities really "work" does it?
Did it work for all these people? I have no idea. I was commenting on diet. Many many people at pr find gfdf eating helps. For some a lot, others some.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Diet helps, but autism stays, the brain structure was already damaged by the autoinmune/autoinflammatory reactions to vaccines and who knows what else (but vaccines are 100% involved with coadyuvants like aluminum salts).

I have some diagnosed Asperger´s by the way. The brain abnormalities are here to stay, I was socially and emotionally dysfunctional since a kid.I feel robbed of a large chunk of life.

Yasko had, I don´t know what she has now, but she had last year prices and treatments easily avergaing 800 dollars the month. Thats a lot to pay for just supplements, eating organic and semi-paleo isn´t cheap either. She looked like a scammer IMHO, but maybe she really needed those astronomical prices to maintain the business and help people? Don´t know, but wouldn´t see her as charity.

pspa123

Other than rare cases of adverse reactions, the science does not support the vaccine connection.
http://www.autismsciencefoundation.org/autismandvaccines.html

As for Yasko, my reading leads me to believe that the genetics of autism are just far far far more complicated than single nucleotide polymorphisms (many of which are quite common) in a few genes involved in methylation.

Finally, a list of pseudoscience red flags, many of which in my opinion apply to Yasko.
  • A clear monetary reward
  • Requirements for paying more as you go along
  • A central personality rather than a core science supporting the therapy
  • Use of sciency-sounding but often nonsensical terms
  • A promise to cure a number of unrelated disorders
And this, from the Autism Science Foundation:
It is important to remember that anyone can start a journal or post a study on the Internet to tout the efficacy of dangerous or useless interventions. Healthcare fraud is a huge business in the US, and parents of children with autism are often targeted. Fringe treatment providers prey on desperation and fear, and deceive parents with numerous unfounded claims.

Last edited:

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Bah vaccines cause autism, Amish people do not have any auitistics. Your beloved official science is wronged
and sometimes knowingly, namely from the top positions, or the bloodline owners of the money system.

Let autism, ADD, cancer and autoimmunity rise, and keep saying that the INCREASING number of mandatory vaccines have nothing to do with that.

pspa123

Bah vaccines cause autism, Amish people do not have any auitistics. Your beloved official science is wronged
and sometimes knowingly, namely from the top positions, or the bloodline owners of the money system.

Let autism, ADD, cancer and autoimmunity rise, and keep saying that the INCREASING number of mandatory vaccines have nothing to do with that.

Oh please.

http://blogs.plos.org/thepanicvirus...ccinate-claims-disproved-by-fact-based-study/
and

http://autism-news-beat.com/archives/29

And you might want to read this, regarding the theory about too many vaccines, which itself grew out of the conclusive evidence that the MMR was not associated with autism.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/48/4/456.full
Also, although the number of recommended childhood vaccines has increased during the past 30 years, with advances in protein chemistry and recombinant DNA technology, the immunologic load has actually decreased. The 14 vaccines given today contain <200 bacterial and viral proteins or polysaccharides, compared with >3000 of these immunological components in the 7 vaccines administered in 1980 [30]. Further, vaccines represent a minute fraction of what a child's immune system routinely navigates; the average child is infected with 4–6 viruses per year [32]. The immune response elicited from the vast antigen exposure of unattenuated viral replication supersedes that of even multiple, simultaneous vaccines.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, or a conflation of correlation and causation.

Last edited:

ahmo

I realized last night my answer was incomplete. Many people are having good results with GAPS diet. But it's the beginning, the foundation. It seems most need to go further, including addressing pyroluria, methylation and detox.