• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Belgium to see KDM

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is it possible to have follow up appointments via the phone or is it necessary to go there in person every time?

I think it has to do with distance--how far you have to travel. I have follow-ups by phone.

Sushi

i admire your strength/willpower to make that trip to Belgium, while so sick.
the money required to do it is beyond most people's means, especially the longer-term patients who are now
financially depleted. we could be screwed; it's difficult to remain positive.

Marlène

It is probably a matter of belgian law. I suppose he must see a patient once in a while in order to prescribe medication and not get in trouble with his license.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
It is probably a matter of belgian law. I suppose he must see a patient once in a while in order to prescribe medication and not get in trouble with his license.

You're quite right Marlene - I'd forgotten there is something in European law about doctors seeing patients face to face every 12 months - but it hadn't been 12 months for me which annoyed me somewhat.

Daffodil

i thought the 12 month rule was only if they are writing prescriptions. for you. what if you get your meds from a local doc? do you still have to see KDM every year?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
i thought the 12 month rule was only if they are writing prescriptions. for you. what if you get your meds from a local doc? do you still have to see KDM every year?

Yes, you have to see him at least every year--much more often if you are in Europe. He would need to draw blood, have the option of examining you etc.

Sushi

Daffodil

another question. I have been on clarithromycin and rifamipin and last night, I noticed that my gums and teeth are turning blueish black! just tiny spots so far....has anyone experienced this?? I looked it up and found that this can happen with minocycline but I couldn't find anything else. looks like it only happens in a small minority of people. I also couldn't find any info of whether this is reversible or not! aack

Daffodil

hi mary. i havent asked him yet. i noticed it late last night but i think he might change my regimen soon so maybe it will be a moot point....

since i began abx i have sure become ugly LOL. my face is all flaky with red patches from sebhorreic dermatitis and now this!

xox

snowathlete

hi mary. i havent asked him yet. i noticed it late last night but i think he might change my regimen soon so maybe it will be a moot point....

since i began abx i have sure become ugly LOL. my face is all flaky with red patches from sebhorreic dermatitis and now this!

xox
Assuming you haven't already, go buy (or get prescribed) yourself some Selsun 2.5% shampoo - it will make a huge difference! I litteraly just put some on myself. I need it every once in a while now but nothing like before, and when I do use it it works very quickly.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Daffodil@snowathlete

good tip - my hubby uses it - miracle stufff.
I've had to order it from abroad as there's been a problem in the UK with getting hold of it.
Do try it daff.

Thanks guys! Is it possible to talk to him long enough to ask all the questions you want or does he really rush you out of the office and isn't talkative?

Daffodil

thanks, all. should I put selson blue on my face? I am already using loprox on my scalp for severe sebbhorea since childhood. it is the only thing that worked. I know I should see a dermatologist but I am just too sick to go right now.
xox

Daffodil

sebby....it all depends on how many questions you have. I think if you keep asking, he might keep answering, as long as they pertain to your condition. I didn't feel rushed

snowathlete

thanks, all. should I put selson blue on my face? I am already using loprox on my scalp for severe sebbhorea since childhood. it is the only thing that worked. I know I should see a dermatologist but I am just too sick to go right now.
xox

I was originally prescribed it for my face (above my lip, and eyebrows) after another product didn't work. It completely eliminated the problem from my eyebrows so I don't need it there now, and I still have to use it on the bit above my lip but its very effective. Just leave it on for a couple of minutes then rinse off. I don't get it anywhere else.

barbc56

another question. I have been on clarithromycin and rifamipin and last night, I noticed that my gums and teeth are turning blueish black! just tiny spots so far....has anyone experienced this?? I looked it up and found that this can happen with minocycline but I couldn't find anything else. looks like it only happens in a small minority of people. I also couldn't find any info of whether this is reversible or not! aack

Daffodil have you seen a dermotogist?
Oops, pardon my fog. Boy I know the feeling of being too sick to see a doctor. Sucks, doesn't it? Can someone take you, though there have been times I wouldn't even be able to do that.

Daffodil

hi barb. yes i can go...i can do maybe 1 outing a week, so the weeks all get booked up quickly. i will try to go in a week or 2. i first have to make it to my regular doctor, who will then refer me to the dermatologist...so it will take a while.
xoxoxo