• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

any suggestions

sianrecovery

Did well on Rich's Simplified protocol for six months. Now feel pretty awful. May well have nothing to do with methylation protocol, also on T3, augmentin and anti-fungals, and very stressed with house move.

I realise that's not much to go...but any suggestions received gratefully. BTW, am thinking of moving to sunflower lecithin, any feedback?

aquariusgirl

I suspect that protocol depletes minerals & other b vits unless u supplement well. I know yasko has some of her patients on 200 mg of B2 a day for example.
I did the simplified for 4 years. In retrospect, I think it did more harm than good. Couldn't tolerate glutathione by the end of that time, cos i had run down my B2& B3. Endured a lot of what I realized later was excitotoxicity not detox....in top of detox. Bummer all round.

sregan

Did well on Rich's Simplified protocol for six months. Now feel pretty awful. May well have nothing to do with methylation protocol, also on T3, augmentin and anti-fungals, and very stressed with house move.

I realise that's not much to go...but any suggestions received gratefully. BTW, am thinking of moving to sunflower lecithin, any feedback?

I find stress is a big factor and believe you may need to up your b12 dose during times of stress. I would also make sure you are covering your bases with minerals. I also take a small amount of b1, b2, b3 and p5p per day (see my blog post).

I suspect that protocol depletes minerals & other b vits unless u supplement well. I know yasko has some of her patients on 200 mg of B2 a day for example.
I did the simplified for 4 years. In retrospect, I think it did more harm than good. Couldn't tolerate glutathione by the end of that time, cos i had run down my B2& B3. Endured a lot of what I realized later was excitotoxicity not detox....in top of detox. Bummer all round.
I'm a newbie, and was just wondering why you think the yasko simplified protocol did not work? I was also wondering if you have ever heard of anyone having there MTHFR mutations come back with different results from two different labs, as this happened to me and I had one lab that has volunteered to retest me and the other lab said they would rerun the test. I'm not sure how they can rerun a three month old blood blot test from doctors data? The other lab is spectracell that has offered to rerun the test.
Any help would be appreciated.

stridor

sianrecovery
When I started thyroid meds things went well at first but my adrenals which were dying from mercury, low B2 and methylation meltdown, indicated that this was the last straw. They packed it in - that was 2011 and they have not recovered. Add to this potentiality that you have other stressors in your life....worth considering.