• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NASA is looking for volunteers to test their beds

Bob

lol, do they allow home-working? :)

Unfortunately they "are looking for a population that resembles the NASA astronaut population" and "You must also meet the Modified Air Force Class III Medical Standard." Considering their levels of fitness, and ability to withstand centrifugal machines without the blood rushing out of their heads (I can't even stand up without the blood rushing out of my head), it seems that our dream job might be unattainable!

:ill:

snowathlete

lol, do they allow home-working? :)

Unfortunately they "are looking for a population that resembles the NASA astronaut population" and "You must also meet the Modified Air Force Class III Medical Standard." Considering their levels of fitness, and ability to withstand centrifugal machines without the blood rushing out of their heads (I can't even stand up without the blood rushing out of my head), it seems that our dream job might be unattainable!

:ill:

little bit of centrifugal force never hurt anyone...do you have to survive the ordeal, or do you not get paid if you die in the process? ...I could really use the money, but I'm not gonna die for free.

taniaaust1

crap, ideal job for us but we arent considered healthy enough for it. Its irronic isnt it.

I once had an ideal ME/CFS job, I was actually working 70hrs per week with ME with it. I had a job SLEEPING right along side the bed of someone who was a quadruplegic just in case something happened in the middle of the night. The hardest thing was to drive the 20mins to the guys home. He wasnt a talker and would just watch his TV at night so I just had to stay silent.

Marlène

Nice job!

Just heard this week that people with ME(cfs) dont get decubitus (pressure ulcers) as other people who are in bed 24/7 because the skin has less blood flow. Another reason for Nasa to turn us down. Or not :) Not that anyone knows...

Now you mention it, I've been completely bedridden for 14 months in a dark room. Not one pressure ulcer indeed.