• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results from Meirleir

alex3619

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transferrin

Role in disease

Transferrin imbalance can have serious health effects for those with low or high serum transferrin levels. A patient with an increased serum transferrin level often suffers from iron deficiency anemia.[5] A patient with decreased plasma transferrin can suffer from iron overload diseases and protein malnutrition. An absence of transferrin results from a rare genetic disorder known as atransferrinemia; a condition characterized by anemia and hemosiderosis in the heart and liver that leads to many complications, including heart failure. Most recently, transferrin and its receptor have been shown to diminish tumour cells by using the receptor to attract antibodies.[5]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its best to ask KDM. What is your iron status? Have you been tested for anemia?

My iron status have been fine through the years, I should mabey ask my doktor in Iceland to check it now. No I have not been tested for anemia and I dont know if it is possible to test it here in Iceland. I did read this you put in here but I wasnt sure if this applied with me because it says that the transferrin serum is high or low but in my case it was positive. Thank you for your reply.

alex3619

On the other hand, transferrin positive in the blood, and I am just speculating here, might indicate liver damage. Please note this is only speculation. Its worth asking KDM about, he would not test for this if he did not have some idea of what he is looking for.

Thank you very much for your reply and your speculation. I just want to know something about this because I have a phone appointment with Meirleir in oktober that takes mayby about 15 minutes and this is just one result so I am not sure if I can ask everything I want. That is why I want to understand the most I can. Thank you so much for looking into this for me I find this all very complicated.

Thanks for this link, this is the test I took, was stool sample and some liquid stirred together. It also says that this could be beginning of cancer. I want you to know that i am not scared of anything. I have been sick for three years and I just want to get some answers so I can begin some treatment.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My iron status have been fine through the years, I should mabey ask my doktor in Iceland to check it now. No I have not been tested for anemia and I dont know if it is possible to test it here in Iceland. I did read this you put in here but I wasnt sure if this applied with me because it says that the transferrin serum is high or low but in my case it was positive. Thank you for your reply.

Hi Iris,

I am a KDM patient too and if you look at your results from Laboratorium Voor Medische Ontledingen, you will see that he tested you for anemia.

If you have questions about this, you can PM me (send me a conversation).

Best wishes,
Sushi