• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Got my 23andme results! 4 reds, 8 yellows

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Following up with my genes. My CYP, COMT, MTHFD, PEMT, TYM, MTHFS, MTHFR and SLC mutations mean that I would benefit from DIM and choline, plus they call for active folate supplementation. My GAD genes call for more GABA. My SOD and GSTP1, plus my other multiple MTFHR possibly significant mutations make the idea of doing a methylation protocol to raise glutathione even more reccomendable.

I also have low glutathione in blood tests. My NAT genes mean that I should avoid like the plague enviromental toxins from the air - which I already have been doing out of instinct. Finally, I have three homozigous and two hetero NOS mutations, some of which are actually scientifically validated, so my nitric oxide metabolism its downregulated (have gone through the reports). I am gonna supplement with Horny Goat Weed for this (no kidding, icariin its the flavonoid that induces NOS, especially eNOS There is more, much more, but this is what I can have so far.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
caledonia Did you found that methylfolate or active folate was as detox-inducer as mb12? I am thinking of getting either methylmate drops or metafolin pills. If it needs to be titraded as Yasko affirms I should get the drops.

trollo

Methylmate seems to do not contain 5 mthf, and it contains also other stuff that maybe you don t need. Plus, the 6S)-5-Methyltetrahydro folic acid (as glucosamine salt) is in very small amount

charlie1

I got my results yesterday but honestly, I don't know how to interpret results let alone navigate the site! Where are you finding all the data relating to MTHFR??? Help!!

charlie1

okay, I got this far in navigating 23andMe (omg...its insane!),
A1298C I'm GT
C677T I'm GG
What does this mean? Is it significant?

Valentijn

okay, I got this far in navigating 23andMe (omg...its insane!),
A1298C I'm GT
C677T I'm GG
What does this mean? Is it significant?
You can run your 23andMe results through geneticgenie.org to get the lists you've seen.

I just wanted to also mention my experience with CBS and sulfur/ammonia. Before taking methyhl folate and b12, I ate a ton of sulfur foods and protein (my primary diet actually). Without going in the right order, I just added m-supps and it left me in a huge mess as far as sulfu/ammoninia.

So even if your test strips are not high now, you still must proceed cautiously b/c the issue can be "actitivated" apparently. I'm still following the heartfixer protocol, and I haven't taken the methyl supps. since March.