• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SNP Results - Any help greatly appreciated!

Hello wise and learned folks,
I have my 23 andMe results in and as I am Down Under there are not many here who know much about this! Any information or advice from these results would be sooooo greatly appreciated! I have a very long history of very severe CFS - Thanks

DETOX
CYP 1A2 C164A - CC +\+
CYP 1B1 L432V - CG +\-
CYP 1B1 R48G - CG +\-

SOD2 - AC +\-
SOD2 - CT +\-
SOD2 A16V AG +\-

METHYLATION
HOMOZYGOUS
VDR Taq
CBS C699T
COMT rs6269

HETEROZYGOUS
MAO A R297R
ACAT1-02
MTHFR 677
MTRR A66G
MTRR A664A
GAD1 10 out of 12 +\-

Thank you all so much -

Valentijn

METHYLATION
HOMOZYGOUS
VDR Taq
CBS C699T
COMT rs6269

HETEROZYGOUS
MAO A R297R
ACAT1-02
MTHFR C677T
MTRR A66G
MTRR A664A
I've crossed out the ones where there's no research showing that they cause any problems.

Heterozygous MTHFR C677T indicates that your methylfolate production might be at 65% of normal, hence methylfolate supplementation is a good idea.

MTRR A66G works less efficiently at recycling MTR. B12 may help.

I'm not sure which version of COMT rs6269 is considered +/+ in your results. The A version is slower, and that and the MOAO would indicate less tolerance of methyl groups. Hence hydroxoB12 might be better tolerated than methylB12, especially if you try higher doses.

SUMMARY:
Methylfolate supplementation is probably needed, and hydroxoB12 may help as well.