• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement spray recommendations pls

Plum

Hi

I have a huge gut problem at the moment which is causing me to be deficient in minerals. Anyone know of a good mineral spray I can rub into my skin?

I have a magnesium one but would like something with more minerals in it than just that.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Plum
me too - I think Dr Myhill has some transdermal mineral spray but be interested if anybody uses something else.

SOC

Hi

I have a huge gut problem at the moment which is causing me to be deficient in minerals. Anyone know of a good mineral spray I can rub into my skin?

I have a magnesium one but would like something with more minerals in it than just that.

You could try sublingual formulations. You might also be able to use some liquid mineral formulations sublingually. I'd be careful about using liquid formulations transdermally or sublingually, though, because the absorption is not the same among oral (swallowed), sublingual, and transdermal modes. You could overdo the minerals if you take the oral (swallowed) dose by a mode that transmits more to your bloodstream.

I wonder if a compounding pharmacist could make a pill or liquid form into a transdermal form for you. I know they often make pills into liquids for people who can't swallow solids.