• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

artemisia for HHV-6

Does anyone else have experience using artemisia for HHV-6? My doctor has recommended I take it. He said research has shown it to be effective.

My doctor also wrote me a prescription for valcyte. But, 450mg per day of valcyte would cost me $3,800 per month and I can not afford it. Taking valcyte will be problematic anyways since I already have leukopenia, neutropenia, and a low platelet count.

Correction: My doctor wrote me a prescription for 60 pills of 450mg valcyte with three refills. I would guess the prescription is for 30 days, hence I would be taking 900mg valcyte per day. Which explains why Costco told me my prescription would cost $3,800.

vamah

Does anyone else have experience using artemisia for HHV-6? My doctor has recommended I take it. He said research has shown it to be effective.

My doctor also wrote me a prescription for valcyte. But, 450mg per day of valcyte would cost me $3,800 per month and I can not afford it. Taking valcyte will be problematic since I already have leukopenia, neutropenia, and low platelet count.

I am wondering why 450mg a day would cost that much. When I was looking into how much valcyte would cost without insurance (I have insurance now) a bottle of 60 450mg tablets looked like it would be $700-900. That would be 2 months worth for you. Still very expensive, but nowhere near $3800. Where did you get your pricing info from? I would research further.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I am wondering why 450mg a day would cost that much. When I was looking into how much valcyte would cost without insurance (I have insurance now) a bottle of 60 450mg tablets looked like it would be $700-900. That would be 2 months worth for you. Still very expensive, but nowhere near $3800. Where did you get your pricing info from? I would research further.
you can buy generic valcyte online for $10 a 450mg pill generally if u buy 100 pills, so $1000 for 100 days.

I have asked in person at a couple of local pharmacies. Costco said $3,800. http://www.goodrx.com./valcyte/price is the best place I know to search prices. According to this website a month would cost me $1,645. However, it is common for doctors to double or triple the initial dosage making it unaffordable.

you can buy generic valcyte online for $10 a 450mg pill generally if u buy 100 pills, so $1000 for 100 days.
There is no generic available in the United States. If you can supply information on how I can import it for $10 a pill, I am interested.

heapsreal

I have ordered other meds from this company and they were reliable but they are painful in that they will send u multiple email confirming your order etc. can take 4-6 weeks to recieve order so one has to plan ahead for reorders so u dont run out, maybe u can get it shipped quicker for a different price.
http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Valcyte+
100tabs for $1050
200tabs for $1999

cheers!!!

vamah

Just got my scrip for valcyte and I noticed that it said that the retail value was $7650! I know my insurance company is not paying that much. The medicine's real cost is about $1800. Why are they claiming it is so much more? So my insurance can claim I've maxed out my benefits? It is very worrying.

I have ordered other meds from this company and they were reliable but they are painful in that they will send u multiple email confirming your order etc. can take 4-6 weeks to recieve order so one has to plan ahead for reorders so u dont run out, maybe u can get it shipped quicker for a different price.
http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Valcyte+
100tabs for $1050
200tabs for $1999

cheers!!!

Looks like even the generic is very expensive. So must be high cost due to low demand in the world and maybe hard to make the drug?

heapsreal

Looks like even the generic is very expensive. So must be high cost due to low demand in the world and maybe hard to make the drug?
I think Its expensive as they know they can rip of vulnerable sick people. Its not about peoples health but making profits for these drug companies? ?