• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another request for help with SNPs

Hi everyone! I received my 23andme results, ran them through Genetic Genie, and, much like others in this forum, I'm a bit stumped as the results are a tad contradictory (take this, no don't!). I'm currently going through chelation for mercury, lead, and aluminum and have had extreme fatigue and severe exertion intolerance for 9 years now. Just trying to find another piece of this puzzle. Any help with interpretation is VERY appreciated! I'm only posting the abnormals, everything else was fine.

Gene and Variation Result
COMT V158M +/+
COMT H62H +/+
VDR Taq +/+
MAO-A R297R +/-
MTHFR A1298C +/-
MTR A2756G +/-
MTRR H595Y +/-
MTRR K350A +/+
BHMT-02 +/+
BHMT-04 +/+
BHMT-08 +/+
CBS C699T +/-
CBS A360A +/-

Valentijn

COMT V158M +/+
COMT H62H +/+
VDR Taq +/+
MAO-A R297R +/-
MTHFR A1298C +/-
MTR A2756G +/-
MTRR H595Y +/-
MTRR K350A +/+
MTRR A664A -/-
BHMT-02 +/+
BHMT-04 +/+
BHMT-08 +/+
CBS C699T +/-
CBS A360A +/-
I've crossed out the ones with no research showing that they have any risk associated with them. Because the risk of MTRR A664A gets the risk reported backwards, I've added that one in.

MTHFR shouldn't be much of a problem.

MTRR might be more of a problem, especially combined with MTR. B12 can help with that.

Slow versions of COMT and MAOA may mean that you are less tolerant of additional methyl groups.

BHMT-08 and CBS C699T might result in increased homocysteine. B6 can help with that.

SUMMARY:
A normal amount of B6 and possibly methylfolate could be helpful, basically what's in a B-complex or multivitamin. B12 is probably needed, but if trying high doses the hydroxoB12 might be safer than the methylB12 form.

Thank you kindly. I've never had a raised homocysteine level which is good. I think my next move will be a mito workup.