• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFIDS Assoc. America: New Research Advisory Council

Firestormm

20 August 2013

Association Announces its New Research Advisory Council

In 2011, The CFIDS Association brought together a group of leaders in the field of ME/CFS to help direct our research efforts. Recently we invited additional members to our Research Advisory Council (formerly called the Scientific Advisory Board). The Research Advisory Council will help guide and shape our research road-map and regulatory framework for ME/CFS. We are honored to have the benefit of diverse expertise from these esteemed experts representing a variety of scientific and strategic disciplines.

The backgrounds and qualifications of our advisors help ensure the strength of our program:

Italo Biaggioni, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Professor of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University

Gordon Broderick, Ph.D.
Professor, Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University

Russell “Rusty” Bromley
Principal, TRAC Consulting

Paul R. DeStefano, J.D.
Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP

Roger Y. Dodd, Ph.D.
Vice President, Research and Development and Director, American Red Cross, Holland Laboratory

Mark A. Demitrack, M.D.
Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Neuronetics, Inc.

K. Kimberly McCleary
Patient-Centered Research Advocate and Consultant

Kelly Morren, B.S.
Global Director, ServiceSource International

Bernard Munos
Principal, InnoThink

Peter C. Rowe, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Children’s Center

Tomasz Sablinski, M.D., Ph.D.
Founder and CEO, Transparency Life Sciences; Managing Director, Auven Therapeutics

Terry Tyler, M.D.
Diagnostic Radiologist

For full profiles hit the link here or in the title.

I am not certain in what direction this line-up of research advisors implies CFIDS are moving. I need to read the profiles more closely...