• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic (SNP) Influence onThyroid Function tests

roxie60

Has anyone made progress identifying SNPs that can affect thryroid function tests? If o please post the gene, SNPs and risk alelles if you know them. I found this study that has attempted to determine the impact of some SNPs on thyroid tests which I find interesting, did not think that our genes might affect test results.

This thread can be a collection point for those interested in collecting SNP info as it relates to thyroid, or anything HPA axis/ endo related. My curiosity is due to the fact that for so many years my tests rarely seem to show anything of diagnostic value so I am starting to wonder if my genes maybe affecting th test results.

9781441914842-c2.pdf

Valentijn

Has anyone made progress identifying SNPs that can affect thryroid function tests?
Not yet. But my sexy new rare allele program did show that I'm homozygous for a very rare allele which causes a missense mutation at rs10776792 on the TSHB gene (thyroid stimulating hormone) :cool:

No research into that one, unfortunately. My TSH tested at pretty normal levels: 2.250 with a reference range of 0.4 - 4.0. However, sometimes levels can be normal, if the substituted amino acid is not extra heat-sensitive, while the protein is still not functioning properly.

roxie60

Not yet. But my sexy new rare allele program did show that I'm homozygous for a very rare allele which causes a missense mutation at rs10776792 on the TSHB gene (thyroid stimulating hormone) :cool:

No research into that one, unfortunately. My TSH tested at pretty normal levels: 2.250 with a reference range of 0.4 - 4.0. However, sometimes levels can be normal, if the substituted amino acid is not extra heat-sensitive, while the protein is still not functioning properly.

What is the rare/risk alelle for this SNP? Some research suggests TSH over 2.0 can leave a person feeling poorly.