• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. success using higher doses of GCMAF

Daffodil

thank you, gcmaf. i am better overall....but i know it will take a long time for me. hope you are well:)

xoxoxoxoxxoxo

GcMAF Australia

Hi Daffodil
I know you are on the GcMAF but this reminded me of you.
xoxoxoxoxox
i have information suggesting that these Maf yogurts may vary in strength.
The colostrums can vary in strength and also people's systems also obviously vary.
Thes yogurts could be really potent.
there are indications that doses as low as 15 ml could be sufficient.
The motto is -
Start slow and start low.
If there are problems it can take up to about one month without the MAF to settle down again.
BEST WISHES

CindyWillis

Hi all,

I just wanted to check back in and let everyone know how I am doing on 100 MG of GCMAF. I am still working a 80-90 hour week and have almost zero reaction to the GCMAF on the weekends. I can notice a slight difference in my energy level after taking the shot and not taking the shot but not very much. The intensive exercise problem is the only problem left and it is improving by every month. I will keep taking 100MG until I can walk 5-7 miles and can lift heavy weights again. Dr. Enlander said that when I am 100% I should start gradually taking less and less each week until i am off of it. I will wait until I can do extreme exercise and then start reducing it. Right now, if I walk over 2 miles, I feel it the next day so clearly I am not completely well. That is the only time I notice my Chronic Fatigue so will just keep going until that problem goes away as well. I still take the Heppapressin shots everyday and think they are invaluable.

GcMAF Australia

Hi all,

I just wanted to check back in and let everyone know how I am doing on 100 MG of GCMAF. I am still working a 80-90 hour week and have almost zero reaction to the GCMAF on the weekends. I can notice a slight difference in my energy level after taking the shot and not taking the shot but not very much. The intensive exercise problem is the only problem left and it is improving by every month. I will keep taking 100MG until I can walk 5-7 miles and can lift heavy weights again. Dr. Enlander said that when I am 100% I should start gradually taking less and less each week until i am off of it. I will wait until I can do extreme exercise and then start reducing it. Right now, if I walk over 2 miles, I feel it the next day so clearly I am not completely well. That is the only time I notice my Chronic Fatigue so will just keep going until that problem goes away as well. I still take the Heppapressin shots everyday and think they are invaluable.
Great mate!! :):)

ukxmrv

That's great news Cindi!

When we don't hear from people who are trying a treatment we never know if the improvement continued or what happened to them.

Sounds like this has been a success for you and that Dr Enlander is talking about tapering off the dose. Hope that this can be done and the good effects to last.

My experience on the MAF314 is that it does wear off after I stop taking it. On my first attempt the good effects lasted for at least a month and on my second attempt it was shorter.

Then again I never get to the level of functioning you are at now so very different.

CindyWillis

That's great news Cindi!

When we don't hear from people who are trying a treatment we never know if the improvement continued or what happened to them.

Sounds like this has been a success for you and that Dr Enlander is talking about tapering off the dose. Hope that this can be done and the good effects to last.

My experience on the MAF314 is that it does wear off after I stop taking it. On my first attempt the good effects lasted for at least a month and on my second attempt it was shorter.

Then again I never get to the level of functioning you are at now so very different.

It is my understanding that I have to wait until I am 100% well or I will go downhill without it so I am planning on waiting until I have zero effect from the GCMAF and can do EVERTHING I could do before. I tried running tonight and it didn't go so well so not there yet. I will keep posting and let you know once I can exercise the same as before. Also, I will let you know how the going down a little at a time works once I am at 100%. My husband is doing everything I am doing with Dr. Enlander and is at the same place that I am which is interesting. We got sick 3 months apart after getting the swine flu three months apart.

I started GcMaf shots 2.5 weeks ago via my doctor in the U.S. The first two weeks I injected .1mg and this week .15mg. The first week I crashed badly two days after the shot and six days after the shot. The second week I crashed badly six days after the shot but have had more cognitive problems especially in the evening (feels like my brain aches and is swollen). I've been sick for 22 years and have been through Valcyte and Valtrex and LDN. My doc says he's seeing some really good results so all I can do is hope although after so many years hope is rapidly slipping away.

i don't see the ME v. CFS distinction here other than M.E. is CFS more precisely defined. While CFS has about six different case definitions which overlap more . . . or less with M.E. It seems to me over the years if you get a bunch of us in a room together despite variety of symptoms we have so much in common, too.

I'm not sure which kind of GcMaf I'm using. I think it's KDM's but I'm too brain dead to heavily research anymore so will wait to see what this kind does.

msa

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I started GcMaf shots 2.5 weeks ago via my doctor in the U.S. The first two weeks I injected .1mg and this week .15mg.
msa

Hi Twenty,

I'd guess you mean nannograms not mgs? And would that be 10 ngs followed by 15 ng? If your vial is 100 ng then it comes from Dr. De Meirleir. I am injecting 20 - 25 ngs.

Best wishes with this,
Sushi

Sparrowhawk

Thanks for coming back to report, Cindy - I often wonder if people who do well on something just disappear into their new lives and so we don't get to hear the successes. Congratulations on your recovery - I'm so pleased for you! :balloons:

I'm also on hepapressin and started MAF 878 a couple of weeks ago (no GcMAF) so very early days for me, especially since I've been ill for 26 years but I'm hopeful, and it's a huge boost to read an account like yours.
. Where does one get hepapressin, do you have to work with an MD who uses it? Thanks.

CindyWillis

It is my understanding that I have to wait until I am 100% well or I will go downhill without it so I am planning on waiting until I have zero effect from the GCMAF and can do EVERTHING I could do before. I tried running tonight and it didn't go so well so not there yet. I will keep posting and let you know once I can exercise the same as before. Also, I will let you know how the going down a little at a time works once I am at 100%. My husband is doing everything I am doing with Dr. Enlander and is at the same place that I am which is interesting. We got sick 3 months apart after getting the swine flu three months apart.

I am not 100% yet but I did work over a 100 hour week not including travel time of another 8 hours this past week and didn't feel sick. For the past 3 weeks, the average has been over 95 hours a week plus 8 of travel and I didn't feel sick. However, strenuous exercise is still not possible for me. My husband started the yogurt MAF878 everyday and is almost well from it. He started doing pilates several times a week and is trying to build up into strenuous exercise. So this is the one thing that we still can't do. Hopefully, this will change as we get closer to 100% well but I wanted to check in and let everyone know the improvement that has taken place. Both my husband and I take 40ng of Heppapressin everyday Monday-Thursday and on Friday with our GCMAF shot, we take 100ng. This plus the GCMAF shot of 100ng plus the MAF878 1/3 cup makes a big difference. I take the MAF878 on the weekend only since it is too strong for me to take it and work also but I take it on weekends and vacations and it makes a big difference. My husband takes it everyday. The first week, he couldn't work. The second, he worked three days but then he felt great taking it everyday thereafter. Once he started taking it everyday, he told me that he didn't have any fatigue anymore. however, he still can't do very strenuous exercise and neither can I.

GcMAF Australia

I am not 100% yet but I did work over a 100 hour week not including travel time of another 8 hours this past week and didn't feel sick. For the past 3 weeks, the average has been over 95 hours a week plus 8 of travel and I didn't feel sick. However, strenuous exercise is still not possible for me. My husband started the yogurt MAF878 everyday and is almost well from it. He started doing pilates several times a week and is trying to build up into strenuous exercise. So this is the one thing that we still can't do. Hopefully, this will change as we get closer to 100% well but I wanted to check in and let everyone know the improvement that has taken place. Both my husband and I take 40ng of Heppapressin everyday Monday-Thursday and on Friday with our GCMAF shot, we take 100ng. This plus the GCMAF shot of 100ng plus the MAF878 1/3 cup makes a big difference. I take the MAF878 on the weekend only since it is too strong for me to take it and work also but I take it on weekends and vacations and it makes a big difference. My husband takes it everyday. The first week, he couldn't work. The second, he worked three days but then he felt great taking it everyday thereafter. Once he started taking it everyday, he told me that he didn't have any fatigue anymore. however, he still can't do very strenuous exercise and neither can I.
This is fantastic,
Which country are you in??

Hi CindyWillis, I keep reading your post and can't help bu think that if you stopped working 100 hour weeks you would be well already. Working 100+ hour weeks is not normal and will give any healthy person a huge predisposition of getting CFS

CindyWillis

Hi CindyWillis, I keep reading your post and can't help bu think that if you stopped working 100 hour weeks you would be well already. Working 100+ hour weeks is not normal and will give any healthy person a huge predisposition of getting CFS

I totally agree. Obviously, I am a workaholic. I think if I could get a two week break and take the yogurt everyday like my husband did, it would go a long way to getting me well as would cutting back my hours. He did it for the first two weeks and missed a lot of work but now is doing much better with the yogurt each day. I am thinking of the holidays and wondering if I couldn't take enough yogurt during the holidays to be able to take it during the week.

CindyWillis

I have been doing extremely well. Again, working too much but doing much better with this illness than ever before. Actually, had three 100 hour or more weeks in a row and as high as 125 hours in one week with travel across the country and back and back again in one week along with crazy hours and did fine other than being tired. In the past month, I have gone to higher doses of GCMAF with terrific results. Before I was taking 1.1 ML but I then moved to 1.3 and 1.5 in the past month and found that I feel almost completely well. I have no additional side effects (the usual tiredness when I take the shot on Friday night until Sunday afternoon) on 1.5 ML than I had on 1.1 ML. This is a huge break through for me as it makes me feel very close to completely well. I am not completely well but am getting very close. I am taking .5 ML of the Heppapressin a day and also 1 ML of B12 a day and .25 ML of magnesium and .25 ML of Taurine together and 3 inosine pills in the morning and night. My husband is taking the MAF 878 yogurt daily on top of 1.1 ML shot each week and is able to work out strenuously 6 days a week. GCMAF in larger doses is working extremely well. Will keep you posted...

vortex

That's very interesting about the higher doses Cindy. Have you had your nagalase levels rechecked or viral counts rechecked ?

I say that because I think it was Cheney that said you don't want your nagalase lwvels too low, I think below .65 but if higher and higher doses make you feel better, maybe that isn't true, but it would be interesting to see where you are.

Anyway, do you think you will cycle off of taking the gcmaf, because it sounds like it is making you feel good taking it which sounds like you would never want to stop taking it. And if that's the case maybe we need to rethink the strategy of getting people off of it permanently. Or perhaps because you are working so much you're body needs it to keep from getting ill and it is a unique scenario.