• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lecithin Quality Concern

Hugocfs

I started on Rich van Konynenburg's simplified methylation protocol this spring. I ordered the lecithin from a well known source. The first bottle smelled somewhat rancid. Now that I reordered, the second bottle smells the same way. I don't think this can be good for me. I contacted the company and someone is suppose to get back to me (It is still early for a reply). I know RVK recommended Smart Youthful Energy as being better, but I am already spending a small fortune on medicines and supplements. Any comments on my concerns? Can you recommend a source of lecithin that doesn't smell rancid and is reasonably priced?

Hugocfs

I like Bluebonnet Lecithin Granules. It's non GMO and doesn't have a smell.
Perchance,

I think the problem is that the lecithin is in a gel cap form and therefore subject to oxidation and turning rancid rather quickly. The problem is probably compounded by the time of year and the fact that I live in a very hot part of the country. Like you, I think I will try a granular form of lecithin. It seems to be a much better buy anyway. Also I will source it locally.

Hugo

Ps. The supplier (Holistic Heal) gave me no problem about it, and is giving me a credit back onto my card.